• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it normal to have a higher number of cancellations for PC parties?

When a host has a party, they are usually very busy and may not have the time to go to the store. If they are not able to chip in $12-15 for the ingredients, then it might be an indication that they are notpriority for you.
Shannen
Hello Ladies,
I have what feels like an unusual amount of cancellations and wondering what is normal? I've been doing the host coaching calls as outlined, with the script; working with the host to be calm yet excited about her party and what feels like everything else people suggest on keeping a show on the calendar. Yet, I've had three cancellations so far out of 11 parties on the calendar. Is this normal?

When I worked as a supervisor/manager and was responsible for hiring, I always hired 3 people when I needed 2, expecting one to not work out. I would hope it wouldn't be the same ratio normally with PC parties.

I had more cancels in December than I normally have in one month. So if you are referring to December, try not to panic. January may be better for you.Cancellations do happen. Life sometimes gets in the way for our hosts. But you shouldn't have a huge amount every month. If you do, then you might need to take a step back & see where the problem lies. Do they not feel prepared? Did they feel pressured into booking a show when they really didn't want to have one? etc. ;)

Mail the invitations for them.

chefjeanine said:
Mail the invitations for them.

Ditto. When I started mailing the invites, my cancellations went way down...and last minute cancellations became practically non-existent.

Thanks, Ladies. I'll make sure to start with that because I've done everything I can to prepare them and make sure their party is pretty stress-free. One cancellation told me "I haven't even gone to the grocery store yet" and I was supposed to be there in 2 hours. I offered to run there for her, but couldn't get the party to stick. That party is now on its 4th schedule date, so I'm getting to the end of my rope with it, but hoping it goes through in the end. Most aren't that extreme, but WOW, is all I can think. :yuck:

I agree with the others about sending the invites for them. I have never tracked my number of cancellations but since I started sending the invites in Sept. I don't think I've had any cancellations. My thanks to the folks on here, esp. BeckyD, for their help with the docs and processes for doing the invites. There are some old threads that will be helpful. I know I had one going in Aug or Sept, prob. under host coaching. I also tell them and e-mail them that I want them to be comfortable inviting people up until the day of the show. I'm hoping my Jan. shows stick even though I haven't gotten an invite list for the 9th yet (gotta go give her a reminder call again). My director was just saying this week that in past years she would let Jan. hosts reschedule if they hadn't gotten invites out, but this year she's not going to do that. She's going to use Tammy Stanley's "invite up until the day of the party" mentality to get those shows to stick. She was saying this in part b/c she did not get her Jan. host coaching letters out.

I also do the ingredient shopping for the host and have them chip in $12-15. For the one who has rescheduled 4 times, it probably really wasn't the fact that she hadn't gone to the store yet (not sure if she was getting ingredients for you). Just another excuse. Don't make her a priority for you.

1. Why was my order canceled without my consent?

There are a few possible reasons why your order may have been canceled without your consent. It could be due to a technical error, insufficient inventory, or a payment issue. Please reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

2. Can I cancel my order after it has been processed?

Once an order has been processed, it cannot be canceled. However, you can return the items for a refund or exchange once you receive them. Please refer to our return policy for more information.

3. How long does it take to receive a refund for a canceled order?

The exact time frame for receiving a refund for a canceled order may vary, but typically it takes 5-7 business days for the funds to be returned to your original form of payment. If you do not see the refund after this time, please contact our customer service team.

4. Can I cancel a subscription with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can cancel your subscription with Pampered Chef at any time. Please log in to your account and go to the "Subscriptions" section to manage your subscription. If you have any trouble, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. Will I be charged for a canceled order?

If your order has been canceled before it was processed, you will not be charged. However, if the order has already been processed, you may still see a charge on your account. This charge will be refunded once the cancellation has been processed. If you have any concerns, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• megara2688
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • k1tchng0ddess