• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini iPad Buffering Issues at Parties - Anyone Else Experiencing This?

In summary, friends, the Mini iPad is having problems with buffering as users are trying to enter orders. This problem seems to be happening more frequently with older models of the iPad. If someone is using a laptop instead of a Mini iPad, they have had better luck. Finally, it sounds like using the Square may be the best option in this situation.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
Good morning friends. I use a Mini iPad at my parties. I continually have problems with it buffering (is that the correct term) as I'm trying to put in orders. I thought it might be this particular device, so I took my husband's iPad to last night's party. Fine at first (which is what would happen with my mini) but then it started buffering (right when I had a customer with a credit card. . . so I got to write down all her info instead of just swiping :mad: ). I was able to finish processing the orders through my phone.So, is it my old iPads or something with the app/server? Anyone else having issues?

beuller beuller.jpg

I wish I could help. I don't have a tablet, and I almost never use my phone to enter orders at a party. I am too often out in the boonies with little/no reception.

chefjeanine said:
Good morning friends. I use a Mini iPad at my parties. I continually have problems with it buffering (is that the correct term) as I'm trying to put in orders. I thought it might be this particular device, so I took my husband's iPad to last night's party. Fine at first (which is what would happen with my mini) but then it started buffering (right when I had a customer with a credit card. . . so I got to write down all her info instead of just swiping :mad: ). I was able to finish processing the orders through my phone.So, is it my old iPads or something with the app/server? Anyone else having issues?
No it happens to me. It is worse when you don't have good WiFi but I have had it "lock up" to the point I just had to hand figure them and take the orders home to enter. Not fun!

I've only used my laptop at parties. When I made a fake show with my phone to practice I got frustrated and decided using it is more trouble than it is worth. Have not tried my i-pad.

I'm new but have not found the app to be as user friendly as the website so have purchased a small laptop as a back up to take to shows. I have a card reader to insure I have the correct credit card info. Contemplating using my square to make sure charges go through. Any thoughts?

Bec5287 said:
I'm new but have not found the app to be as user friendly as the website so have purchased a small laptop as a back up to take to shows. I have a card reader to insure I have the correct credit card info. Contemplating using my square to make sure charges go through. Any thoughts?
I'm not sure how you want to use your Square in this situation. I have one but I'm not super adept at using it. Are you thinking you can run the information on the Square but not submit it -- and that you can see if it will work WITHOUT completing the actual charge? OR, are you thinking that you'll pay yourself and then pay Pampered Chef? (This becomes an issue if that person has a problem with a product and wants a refund.)I use the card reader (and it's working again after some troubles after an Apple update). I always require a phone number from someone using a credit card. I let them know that occasionally there is a problem so I must be able to call.

Thank you. I have already had to call, about a card that didn't go through. I think it was a debit card so she had to call the bank for the charge to go through.
It sounds like the only way the square would work is if the show closed the day of the party?

1. Why is my Mini iPad buffering at parties?

There could be several reasons for this, such as a weak WiFi signal, crowded network, or outdated software. It's also possible that the streaming service or app you are using is experiencing high traffic.

2. What can I do to fix the buffering issue?

First, try moving closer to the WiFi router or using a WiFi extender. You can also try switching to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot. Additionally, make sure your Mini iPad's software is up to date and try closing any unused apps that may be using up bandwidth.

3. Is this a common problem with Mini iPads?

While buffering can occur on any device, it seems to be more prevalent on older Mini iPads with weaker hardware. Upgrading to a newer model may help improve your streaming experience.

4. Are there any settings I can adjust to prevent buffering?

Some streaming services and apps offer quality settings that can be adjusted. Lowering the video quality may reduce buffering, but keep in mind that it will also affect the overall video quality.

5. Does the type of content I am streaming affect buffering?

Yes, high-quality or high-definition content may require more bandwidth and can lead to buffering. If possible, try streaming lower-quality content or downloading the content beforehand for a smoother playback experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • cochef
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • NooraK