• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Recruiter Really Helping Me Succeed in My Consultant Career?

In summary, Tracy met a recruiter at a fair, and she is having a hard time setting up shows because she is not sure if the recruiter wants to help her grow or just help her succeed. Tracy has a problem because she asked the recruiter what times were good for her to do a show, and the recruiter said she didn't have to be with Tracy to do a show. Then the recruiter said Tracy needed to set up 4 shows to qualify for her kit. Tracy is having a hard time figuring out what to do because she was told different things. Tracy wants to become a consultant, but she is not sure if she can do it if she has to set up 6 shows to do so. Tracy is confused and
PampChefTracy71
Hi I have a problem. I met a recruiter at a fair. I got excited and told her I wanted to become a consultant. I am having a hard time setting up shows so far. But the problem is, I asked her what times were good for her to train me and have a show with me. And she says, well I dont have to be with you to do a show. Then she says we will train you. And I said I dont know how to do a show. I just am not sure if she wants to grow any further in the business or is wanting to help me excell at this. And she said I had to set up 4 shows to get my kit. But on the form it says to set up 6 shows. I am a little confused. Could someone give me some advice? I'm not sure about where to go from here. Thanks.-- Tracy

Ok, a few things :)

My recruiter said that if she did the show with me, she'd get the comission on the show, but all the bookings would be mine - so I just did my show on my own. However, when she talks about training - there is a TON of training on the internet, in the tele-classes and most importantly, in your 'receipe for success' book that you get when you get your paperwork kit! You can really do it all yourself! There are even cards that tell you what to say and when :) I just did a ton of reading and listening to the cd's they send you and I did my first show and it was much better than I expected. So, in short, PC sends you everything you need.

The requirement for the number of shows to qualify has recently changed. You need to do 4 shows (or 1250 in sales) to qualify, but they ask you to set up 6 shows at the begining to get your business started.

Don't get discouraged!I am sorry to hear that your recruiter is not much help.

What I strongly recommend is watching "My first kitchen show" video, and do the ranch pizza that is demonstrated in the video. It would help alot! Use the cards in your recipe for success and let your guests know it is your first show and you may be a little nervous, because you are so excited about your buisness getting started.

If you can do a show for someone you know like a close friend, neighbor or family member, that can also help.

Do the recipe at home for a practice run to get familiar with your kit and practice with your family there like as if you are doing a show for them.

The 6 dates PC asks you about are just dates you would like to host your shows or anyone who has already committed to having a show with you.

When your recruiter said she will do the show and get the commission, that is if she is doing the training show so you can see how it goes. Since she does the show, then yes she gets the commission.

HOWEVER, she can also sit-in on your first show for support as my director did with me and I felt much more secure at my first show, which my best friend hosted.

Watch the video and read your recipe for success. You will do well.

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

Is your recruiter the director as well? If not ask your director if she minds you tagging along to one of yours or one of hers. You could help her out at hers and learn some things. My director encourages us to go to other consultants shows to get new ideas on things. Hope this helps.

I would very politely remind you recruiter that one of the things for you to do in the Welcome Booklet is to go to another kitchen show for ideas there is even a spot in the booklet to fill out your observations. Also when you get you kit it has training materials in there to included a kitchen show video. If your that unhappy with your recruiter I would contact home office for a different consultant one who is more willing to help you. It's sad that someone is willing to sign people up on her team and then not help them succeed. Maybe your her 1st recruit and she's not sure how to handle you. Good luck.

Last edited:
From what i getis that you havent signed yet right. Well if you have not allready signed I would suggest finding someone who seems to have more time for you ! The agreement with Pc is very simple. In order to qualify or to for fill your contract you need to do one of two things. submit 4 shows , a show is $150.00 in sales or more to count as a show. Or if you submit$1250.00 in sales. Which ever comes first. You have 3 months to do this !!! I tell my recruits to think of it as a date, you go out on 4 dates if after the 4 th date you dont like it , you break up ! Your done out of your contract , you like it buy all means continue ! It is a you have nothing to loose situation , you get $350.00 worth of products and commission. Pc make it so easy for everyone to give it a try ! when I first signed i will be honest i only wanted to earn the FREE products and then quit ! Well a year and a half later iam still here !! It is adicting ! I love it !! If you have any questions please feel free to email me ! Iam always here !!

cla519 said:
Is your recruiter the director as well? If not ask your director if she minds you tagging along to one of yours or one of hers. You could help her out at hers and learn some things. My director encourages us to go to other consultants shows to get new ideas on things. Hope this helps.
I agree to go upline to your director if this woman isn't your director as well. Or maybe there are other consultants in your cluster whose show you can observe. I think that's good training. As well as the teleclasses. Our cluster runs new consultant conference calls/training that is in addition to our monthly cluster/training meeting. good luck to you!!! I'm sorry to hear that your recruiter hasn't provided much support and guidance. That's one of my favorite parts about being a recruiter (and soon-to-be director). It's so exciting to watch consultants' businesses grow! I hope things start looking up for you.

ThanksThank you so much for all of the advice u all have given me. It is helpful. But now i am in a sticky situation. Well, I got a hold of another consultant. And she is willing to help me out. She brought me over my pamperwork part of my kit after 2 days of speaking to her. But i dont have the money to order my kit. And i talked to the 1st consultant, she said i could be a hostesss and get a discount on my kit. So now i dont know what to do. I am gonna have them both mad at me. I feel so bad. I started filling out my contract online didnt finish. cus i didnt have the $95. But i did sign the paper contract. And my 1st consultant apologized for steering me wrong and is willing to help me out. What should i do?

I would go with the second consultant who brought you the paperwork kit. She can schedule your show, which you would be hostess and get all the hostess benefits and bookings. There you can earn up to $40 toward your kit. She would get the commision from sales because you're not a consultant yet. The paperwork kit is a jump start sor you to get knowledge of PC. You can also ask the second consultant if she would be willing to let you attend some of her shows. You could even borrow some PC products to have a pratice show. Go with the consultant that was quick to response to your needs. Remember you can put the kit on credit card and by time the bill arrives you should have your first commission check.

Good luck
Charlene

by hosting a show, you can also get bookings for you to start your business with!!

The second oneI agree with Charlene ;)

Go with the second consultant who gave you the info and attention you deserved! I recommend having a show and telling all of your guests that you are becoming a consultant and will be receiving credit towards your kit depending on your sales. If your guests cannot make it, ask them to host a show or place an order. It never hurts to ask ;)

Good luck to you

1. How do I set up my Pampered Chef account?

To set up your Pampered Chef account, go to the website and click on "Sign Up" in the top right corner. Follow the prompts to enter your information and create a password. Once your account is created, you can start shopping and earning rewards!

2. I'm having trouble logging into my account. What should I do?

If you're having trouble logging into your account, first make sure you are using the correct email and password. If you've forgotten your password, click on "Forgot Password" and follow the prompts to reset it. If you're still having trouble, you can contact customer service for assistance.

3. How do I redeem my rewards points?

To redeem your rewards points, log into your account and go to the "Rewards" section. From there, you can choose what rewards you would like to redeem and follow the steps to claim them. You can also redeem rewards at checkout when making a purchase.

4. I'm having trouble placing an order. What should I do?

If you're having trouble placing an order, make sure you have added all desired items to your cart and have entered the correct billing and shipping information. If you continue to encounter difficulties, you can contact customer service for assistance.

5. How can I track my order?

To track your order, log into your account and go to the "Orders" section. From there, you can view the status of your order and track its shipment if applicable. You will also receive email updates regarding your order's progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Kelly8