• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problem With the Salad Choppers

I have had the same problem with my choppers. The spring pops off and the latch is loose, so it keeps getting in the way when I try and chop.
doughmama
Silver Member
I love my salad choppers but have been having problems with them. The spring on the first one broke so I sent it back and got a new one. Then it happened again. Don't abuse them and hand wash them carefully. Was showing them yesterday at a party and the spring fell out and landed on the floor. Saw that the spring is out of shape. anyone else have this problem? I have had to replace two guests' choppers for the same reason.

Yup, same thing happened to me, spring fell out and I am getting a new set. Don't know what the problem is!

Me too.... same story!

Same here, BUT the best is they can keep getting a new one If it continues to happen....

Same story....spring pops off and the latch is loose, so it keeps getting in the way when I try and chop.

I love them, but sending them back is a pain. Luckily I have a back up set. hope that if enough of us are having this issue, HO might look into improving the design.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Same story....spring pops off and the latch is loose, so it keeps getting in the way when I try and chop.

Send them back.....

The same thing happened to mine, when I borrowed my directors for a while it seemed like her spring was longer than mine. Maybe there was a bad batch? I have not had any problem with my new set.

I have had the same exact problems -- spring pops out, loose latch. How many times do I have to replace them? Waiting for HO to get the hint. I mention it every time I call also.

This is funny, it happened to my first pair, but my second pair have been great until this weekend, the spring started slipping, I am sooo sad! I use them all the time! Guess I'll be sending them back again. Luckily, I have a spare pair on hand that I bought for my son & his fiance for x-mas, I can use those and when my replacements come I'll just put those away for x-mas.

I have had this happen too. The first time, I was at a cooking show cutting the 20 minute chicken fajitas and I lost the spring. Talk about embarassing! I thought that it had gone into the deep dish baker with the food - but the hostess found it on her floor. Needless tosay - they got sent back. Then, my 2nd pair did it too - my husband took the spring out and kind of streched it a little - haven't had the problem since :)

Not sure if this could be the reason or not, but I was told to remove the spring before putting the choppers into the dishwasher.

1. What is the problem with the salad choppers?

The main issue with the salad choppers is that the blades can become dull over time, making it difficult to effectively chop and mix salads.

2. How can I prevent my salad choppers from becoming dull?

To prevent dullness, it is important to properly care for your salad choppers. This includes hand washing them after each use and storing them in a dry place. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges on the blades.

3. Can the blades be sharpened?

The blades on the salad choppers cannot be sharpened. However, if your blades have become dull, you can purchase replacement blades from Pampered Chef.

4. Are the salad choppers dishwasher safe?

Yes, the salad choppers are dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended for longer lasting blades.

5. How do I use the salad choppers?

To use the salad choppers, simply place your desired ingredients in a bowl and use a rocking motion to chop and mix them. Be sure to avoid chopping too forcefully to prevent dulling the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lesliec