• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Pocket Thermometer Faulty?

When I took the tab out of mine, the battery popped all the way out. Upon inserting the battery properly, it still would not stay in. The thermometer does not have an on/off switch, so I'm not sure how to turn it on.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I went to use the digital thermometer I received in my director pack, and it doesn't seem to work. (Yep, I removed the battery tab.) Anyone else have a problem? I'm hoping I just got a dud...or a bad battery...plan to buy a replacement one today to find out.

When I removed the tab I opened up the compartment and had to "set" the battery in place. I love this change to the thermometer. Cooks food perfectly.:chef:

Okay, the problem must be ME. I just received a replacement digital thermometer and I still can't get the darn thing to work. I've taken out the battery tab and have inserted the battery multiple times and ways....still no power. Can someone offer any insight or help? I'm feeling pretty foolish!:blushing:

I hate to say this, and don't take it personally, but just have to check, did you push the on button on the top to turn it on?:blushing:

ChefPaulaB said:
I hate to say this, and don't take it personally, but just have to check, did you push the on button on the top to turn it on?:blushing:

I was just about to post the same thing. :D :blushing:

Yes, I did. No offense taken. :)

I'm really feeling stupid, but this is the second one I haven't been able to make work. I'll give the Solution Center a call. I can't believe I'd have two dud thermometers in a row. It must be me. (sigh)

Mine has power, but I can't figure out if it's working right. The dang thing keeps counting down numbers 9, 8, 7, then again, but not the same numbers each time. Okay, I haven't read the directions yet so maybe there is a reason!

babywings76 said:
I was just about to post the same thing. :D :blushing:

I was gonna say the same thing also.....;)

Ginger428 said:
I was gonna say the same thing also.....;)

Good, I don't feel bad, but she kept talking about the batteries, but not the on/off... and I've been known to have a brain fart every now and then and forget something like that...

Glad to see that it wasn't that though... it is weird that you've had 2 in a row that won't work... mine works great. I hope you get it figured out!

I am having the same problem!!! I can't turn it on! WTF??

Mine arrived without a battery.

I haven't taken mine out of the box yet - guess I should...

Mine works great! Love it!!! Hope you all figure out what the problem is!

im now on my second and no luck, let me know what the trick is

Mine seems to take forever to count up to temperature.

I just received a replacement digital thermometer and it works. The first one must of been a defect..:rolleyes:

OMG! Here I am at my Open House, took the tab out of the digital thermometer and now the backing doesn't stay on. I've had 3 people try to put it on and it won't lock in. I guess I have to do a pro. adj. on it. I can't have a broken one.

OKay so I still can't get the battery to stay put or the back to stay on longer than 2 seconds. Anyone have this problem too?

Nope, my DH used our and loves how fast it reads the temperature. He really enjoyed using it, and finally, the meat it not getting too well done for his taste.

I wanted to order one of these, but it says product is not avl. yet on PPP. Do yall know when they will be avl.? either for consultants and guests? I'm still kindof new to all of this, this will pretty much be my first full season.

It'll be available to everyone tomorrow... but you can order it from the samples now...

You can order samples for yourself now through the end of September on a sample order type (non-commission order) in P3 or through CC. Customers can order new items starting September 1.

Jane the PC said:
I wanted to order one of these, but it says product is not avl. yet on PPP. Do yall know when they will be avl.? either for consultants and guests? I'm still kindof new to all of this, this will pretty much be my first full season.

Order it as a sample... Go to Consultant's corner, under managing your business and then to Samples and Supplies (Order Product Samples and under Fall/Winter 2009 Sample Packages)...
It's part of Package D...

You can't order any of the new products until tomorrow--September 1. The only exception is the samples.

jbdowd0798 said:
OKay so I still can't get the battery to stay put or the back to stay on longer than 2 seconds. Anyone have this problem too?

When I took the tab out of mine, the battery popped all the way out. Upon inspection, I realized that there a specific way to put the battery back in. There is a little metal tab and you need to slide the edge of the battery underneath it. Then put the back on top of the battery and push down and twist using a dime. It worked for me.​

I believe for customers, tomorrow, Sept. 1st, when the F/W catalog is in effect. If you as a Consultant want to order Package D on our Sample Order, you can get it at half off, along with four other new items. It is a nice package. Note you will be charged the $4.25 shipping and handling and tax, so make it worth it by ordering yourself some of the open stock items, too. I highly recommend the JT67 Forged Cutlery 4.5" Serrated Knife which is 50% off too.

I believe for customers, tomorrow, Sept. 1st, when the F/W catalog is in effect. If you as a Consultant want to order Package D on our Sample Order, you can get it at half off, along with four other new items. It is a nice package. Note you will be charged the $4.25 shipping and handling and tax, so make it worth it by ordering yourself some of the open stock items, too. I highly recommend the JT67 Forged Cutlery 4.5" Serrated Knife which is 50% off too.

Spetember 1st all of the new products will be available for purchase.

I just got mine today and had the same problem ... I opened and closed the tab with a coin, too. HO told me to toss it and they'd send a replacement. I think I am going to try getting a battery to see if that will work before I toss the whole thing. I just hate to waste it.

I should have tried mine after reading these posts but of course, I did not. Went to use it today and it did not work. I earned these in the sellathon. Is there a way to do an adjustment on it through the web or do I have to email them or call the solutions center? Thanks

I thought it was just me! I had a horrible getting the back back on, and mine won't turn on at all. I haven't remembered to pick up a new battery yet. I just have been telling ppl that the battery is dead so far . . . Was there a problem with the first ones sent out? Should I get a new one??

I just got a call from a host. Someone just got theirs and it isn't working. Any advice? I will try to talk them through it.

A fellow cheffer and I finally figured out why mine (and the replacement one HO sent) didn't work:

There is a silver thingy that your battery is probably sitting on top of. Instead, the tip of the silver thingy (sorry, I don't know what to call it), should be sitting on the edge of the battery.

Take the battery out; lift that silver thingy up; then slide the battery under the lip of the thingy while pushing the battery down onto the spring. (This will also keep your battery from popping out.)

I hope that makes sense. Both of my digital thermometers now work.

My first one didn't work either...I didn't try to use it till last month and then it didn't work, so I did an online adjustment and had to send it back...at my cost, cause I didn't check it soon enough...and they sent me a replacement. The replacement seems to be working.

I know this is an old thread, but this really helped me! Thank you!
The battery kept popping out when I decided to finally use mine.
Take the battery out; lift that silver thingy up; then slide the battery under the lip of the thingy while pushing the battery down onto the spring. (This will also keep your battery from popping out.)

How funny that this thread popped up. My thermometer just freaked out on me. At my show on Friday I couldn't get it to stay on. Then when I went to wash it and figure out what was going on with it, it wouldn't turn off. I did a product adjustment. Hope my new one arrives before Friday's show!

The instructions are poor. When you open the battery compartment, you'll see on the side a tiny metal tab. You must MANUALLY lift it and slip the battery in. It'll pop right into place. You shouldn't have any problems after that.

this is sooo crazy that I just came on the thread by accident tonite..I have had 5 darn thermometers not working of customers..I figured it was a bad batch, but thought it odd that they have been spread out for a while now through the months. I took it upon myself tonite, (since, yet another, customer returned hers not working) I took my good one apart and looked at it..then opened the bad one...and whooolaaaaaa....noticed that little "silver thingy" we are calling that...why in the world would they package these like that? It makes it difficult for anyone to get them working! And for some reason it wasn't that easy to just "pop it up in place..but I went around telling my kids "WHAT A GENIUS" I WAS BECAUSE I FIGURED THIS OUT ON MY OWN,...then I stumble across this thread and the "solution" had already been posted a while ago...I won't let my kids know!!! LOL

I am so glad I found this post. I was upset that my new thermometer was not working...guess what...the battery was not under the little silver thing. I would have never figured that out for my self. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this website

Little Silver Thingys RULE!

Luckily HO let me know about the "Little Silvery Thing" when I was doing a product adjustment!!

What is the chance I just saw this and had one to send back tomorrow? Now I did the adjustment already but now its working fine with the help of the little silver thingy :). Do I still have to send it back?

OK -- I'm on my second one. How far up do you pull the silver thingie? Mine was W-A-Y down and it took me awhile to see it. This is a major PIA! I know I would like it if I could just get it to work!!!Sandi

Melissa78 said:
What is the chance I just saw this and had one to send back tomorrow? Now I did the adjustment already but now its working fine with the help of the little silver thingy :). Do I still have to send it back?

No, just call HO tomorrow and tell them to cancel the adjustment - and why! I don't have the thermometer (nor have I sold any), but it sounds like they need to either re-write the instructions, or re-style the new style!

RMDave said:
Little Silver Thingys RULE!

I won't say it. I'll be a good girl. I won't say it.:blushing::balloon:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
saliahkako
Replies
Views
Zsu