1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Problem w/pocket thermometer

1. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

I went to use the digital thermometer I received in my director pack, and it doesn't seem to work. (Yep, I removed the battery tab.) Anyone else have a problem? I'm hoping I just got a dud...or a bad battery...plan to buy a replacement one today to find out.

Aug 5, 2009
  2. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

When I removed the tab I opened up the compartment and had to "set" the battery in place. I love this change to the thermometer. Cooks food perfectly.:chef:

Aug 5, 2009
  3. legacypc46

Okay, the problem must be ME. I just received a replacement digital thermometer and I still can't get the darn thing to work. I've taken out the battery tab and have inserted the battery multiple times and ways....still no power. Can someone offer any insight or help? I'm feeling pretty foolish!:blushing:

Aug 19, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I hate to say this, and don't take it personally, but just have to check, did you push the on button on the top to turn it on?:blushing:

Aug 19, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I was just about to post the same thing. :D :blushing:

Aug 19, 2009
  6. legacypc46

Yes, I did. No offense taken. :)

I'm really feeling stupid, but this is the second one I haven't been able to make work. I'll give the Solution Center a call. I can't believe I'd have two dud thermometers in a row. It must be me. (sigh)

Aug 19, 2009
  7. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Mine has power, but I can't figure out if it's working right. The dang thing keeps counting down numbers 9, 8, 7, then again, but not the same numbers each time. Okay, I haven't read the directions yet so maybe there is a reason!

8. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I was gonna say the same thing also.....;)

Aug 19, 2009
  9. ChefPaulaB

Good, I don't feel bad, but she kept talking about the batteries, but not the on/off... and I've been known to have a brain fart every now and then and forget something like that...

Glad to see that it wasn't that though... it is weird that you've had 2 in a row that won't work... mine works great. I hope you get it figured out!

Aug 19, 2009
  10. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

I am having the same problem!!! I can't turn it on! WTF??

Aug 19, 2009
  11. kltaylo

kltaylo Member

Mine arrived without a battery.

Aug 21, 2009
  12. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I haven't taken mine out of the box yet - guess I should...

13. ChefPaulaB

Mine works great! Love it!!! Hope you all figure out what the problem is!

Aug 22, 2009
  14. im now on my second and no luck, let me know what the trick is

15. Malinda Klein

Malinda Klein Advanced Member Gold Member

Mine seems to take forever to count up to temperature.

16. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

I just received a replacement digital thermometer and it works. The first one must of been a defect..:rolleyes:

Aug 26, 2009
  17. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

OMG! Here I am at my Open House, took the tab out of the digital thermometer and now the backing doesn't stay on. I've had 3 people try to put it on and it won't lock in. I guess I have to do a pro. adj. on it. I can't have a broken one.

Aug 27, 2009
  18. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

OKay so I still can't get the battery to stay put or the back to stay on longer than 2 seconds. Anyone have this problem too?

Aug 29, 2009
  19. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

Nope, my DH used our and loves how fast it reads the temperature. He really enjoyed using it, and finally, the meat it not getting too well done for his taste.

Aug 30, 2009
  20. Jane the PC

Jane the PC Novice Member

I wanted to order one of these, but it says product is not avl. yet on PPP. Do yall know when they will be avl.? either for consultants and guests? I'm still kindof new to all of this, this will pretty much be my first full season.

Aug 31, 2009
  21. ChefPaulaB

It'll be available to everyone tomorrow... but you can order it from the samples now...

Aug 31, 2009
  22. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

You can order samples for yourself now through the end of September on a sample order type (non-commission order) in P3 or through CC. Customers can order new items starting September 1.

Aug 31, 2009
  23. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

Order it as a sample... Go to Consultant's corner, under managing your business and then to Samples and Supplies (Order Product Samples and under Fall/Winter 2009 Sample Packages)...
    It's part of Package D...

Aug 31, 2009
  24. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You can't order any of the new products until tomorrow--September 1. The only exception is the samples.

Aug 31, 2009
  25. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

When I took the tab out of mine, the battery popped all the way out. Upon inspection, I realized that there a specific way to put the battery back in. There is a little metal tab and you need to slide the edge of the battery underneath it. Then put the back on top of the battery and push down and twist using a dime. It worked for me. ​

Aug 31, 2009
  26. Grandmarita

I believe for customers, tomorrow, Sept. 1st, when the F/W catalog is in effect. If you as a Consultant want to order Package D on our Sample Order, you can get it at half off, along with four other new items. It is a nice package. Note you will be charged the $4.25 shipping and handling and tax, so make it worth it by ordering yourself some of the open stock items, too. I highly recommend the JT67 Forged Cutlery 4.5" Serrated Knife which is 50% off too.

Aug 31, 2009
  27. Grandmarita

I believe for customers, tomorrow, Sept. 1st, when the F/W catalog is in effect. If you as a Consultant want to order Package D on our Sample Order, you can get it at half off, along with four other new items. It is a nice package. Note you will be charged the $4.25 shipping and handling and tax, so make it worth it by ordering yourself some of the open stock items, too. I highly recommend the JT67 Forged Cutlery 4.5" Serrated Knife which is 50% off too.

Aug 31, 2009
  28. zmom58

zmom58 Member

Spetember 1st all of the new products will be available for purchase.

Aug 31, 2009
  29. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I just got mine today and had the same problem ... I opened and closed the tab with a coin, too. HO told me to toss it and they'd send a replacement. I think I am going to try getting a battery to see if that will work before I toss the whole thing. I just hate to waste it.

30. D Levad

D Levad Member Gold Member

I should have tried mine after reading these posts but of course, I did not. Went to use it today and it did not work. I earned these in the sellathon. Is there a way to do an adjustment on it through the web or do I have to email them or call the solutions center? Thanks

Nov 15, 2009
  31. sandilou

sandilou Advanced Member Silver Member

I thought it was just me! I had a horrible getting the back back on, and mine won't turn on at all. I haven't remembered to pick up a new battery yet. I just have been telling ppl that the battery is dead so far . . . Was there a problem with the first ones sent out? Should I get a new one??

Nov 15, 2009
  32. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I just got a call from a host. Someone just got theirs and it isn't working. Any advice? I will try to talk them through it.

Nov 15, 2009
  33. legacypc46

A fellow cheffer and I finally figured out why mine (and the replacement one HO sent) didn't work:

There is a silver thingy that your battery is probably sitting on top of. Instead, the tip of the silver thingy (sorry, I don't know what to call it), should be sitting on the edge of the battery.

Take the battery out; lift that silver thingy up; then slide the battery under the lip of the thingy while pushing the battery down onto the spring. (This will also keep your battery from popping out.)

I hope that makes sense. Both of my digital thermometers now work.

Nov 16, 2009
  34. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

My first one didn't work either...I didn't try to use it till last month and then it didn't work, so I did an online adjustment and had to send it back...at my cost, cause I didn't check it soon enough...and they sent me a replacement. The replacement seems to be working.

Nov 16, 2009
  35. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

I know this is an old thread, but this really helped me! Thank you!
    The battery kept popping out when I decided to finally use mine.

Mar 2, 2010
  36. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

How funny that this thread popped up. My thermometer just freaked out on me. At my show on Friday I couldn't get it to stay on. Then when I went to wash it and figure out what was going on with it, it wouldn't turn off. I did a product adjustment. Hope my new one arrives before Friday's show!

Mar 2, 2010
  37. RMDave

RMDave Advanced Member Gold Member

The instructions are poor. When you open the battery compartment, you'll see on the side a tiny metal tab. You must MANUALLY lift it and slip the battery in. It'll pop right into place. You shouldn't have any problems after that.

Mar 2, 2010
  38. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

this is sooo crazy that I just came on the thread by accident tonite..I have had 5 darn thermometers not working of customers..I figured it was a bad batch, but thought it odd that they have been spread out for a while now through the months. I took it upon myself tonite, (since, yet another, customer returned hers not working) I took my good one apart and looked at it..then opened the bad one...and whooolaaaaaa....noticed that little "silver thingy" we are calling that...why in the world would they package these like that? It makes it difficult for anyone to get them working! And for some reason it wasn't that easy to just "pop it up in place..but I went around telling my kids "WHAT A GENIUS" I WAS BECAUSE I FIGURED THIS OUT ON MY OWN,...then I stumble across this thread and the "solution" had already been posted a while ago...I won't let my kids know!!! LOL

Mar 2, 2010
  39. MLC

MLC

I am so glad I found this post. I was upset that my new thermometer was not working...guess what...the battery was not under the little silver thing. I would have never figured that out for my self. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this website

Apr 14, 2010
  40. RMDave

RMDave Advanced Member Gold Member

Little Silver Thingys RULE!

Apr 14, 2010
Have something to add?