• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking Shows in Advance: Overcoming Late Month Dilemmas

C
cookingabcs
How do you book the next month when it's so late in the current one? I have 2 shows in June but both are at the end. I would really like to get some earlier but everyone I know is Pampered out, let along finding people to host a show in the next 3 weeks and actually having it work out.

Any suggestions would be GREAT!!:D

use the dollar days flyer...I haven't downloaded it and hopefully someone that has it can re-post it here for you. I also use the Book to Look and have had great success with it, I actually had a guest (the sister of the host) book and I told her the dates that I had and she yelled out "We are doing my show the day before Father's Day and I don't care if it's too soon for most of you...you are coming anyway!"...

Search "files" and type in Dollar Days and you should find the flyer to help book June shows. Also, check your local Relay For Life event coordinator and see if you can set up some RFL fundraisers with local team captains. I am calling some of our local RFL team captains and coordinators today so hopefully I can get some fundraisers included in my June and July totals.

Good luck!

book to look?What's the book to look? Never heard of that before.

You can search the file and find the Dollar Days flyer. That's actually the incentive I'm running in July and nobody is biting on that one either. I sent out a huge broadcast email to my entire address book and have no repconses yet. I'm getting very frustrated.

Soonerchef, I also wanted to tell you that I really appreciate all your posts. I see them everywhere with such great ideas and encouraging words. Keep up the great work. It's inspiration to more then you know. :D

THANKS!
Alison

Book to look is a free give-away you do with your guests to entice them to book a show. If they book a show with you, and you can even make it a specific date, they will get the gift in the box/bag at their show.

Thanks for the clarification Nancy. I wish it was that easy.....I don't have anymore shows this month either. :eek: I'll remember that for future reference though.

I work a full time job, so I have people through work that helps me. What about connections through your childrens school, if you have any? Or church? I attend a Weight Watchers meeting every week and I am asking them to host shows. I am relatively new myself, so I am not sure where you go to get shows if you don't have immediate connections.

oh well...
AlowayFamily said:
I work a full time job, so I have people through work that helps me. What about connections through your childrens school, if you have any? Or church? I attend a Weight Watchers meeting every week and I am asking them to host shows. I am relatively new myself, so I am not sure where you go to get shows if you don't have immediate connections.

I work for a landscaping company where I'm the only girl and most of the buys don't speak english. I have no kids and church is really really pampered out (@15 shows in the past 12 months) so I'm trying to look for other venues for business. GRRR... I know it's hard but as I read teh posts and people talk about their cleint base etc.. they have been around for a while. It's getting the initial clients that I'm finding really really difficult.:mad:

I would suggest dropping off information at florists/dress shops if you are interested in doing Bridal Showers/registrys...Try getting in touch with some realtors...they may be interested in buying a few closing gifts...you could also try going around to schools to let them know about fundraisers.....I hope this helps!!!

Would it be possible to hook a package of information on the doors of the homes you are landscaping? I don't know if that would be against your company policy - maybe you could do it while you are on break, so you are not taking company time to promote your business.

I just did a show Friday night and I tried the Dollar Days special for the first time. I actually changed it to "It's Summer Dollar Days at the Pampered Chef". I let them pick any date in June, July or August, and then they get one of the items pictured for the price of the date they choose. One girl booked and wanted Aug. 1 so that she could get the food chopper that she has always wanted for $1.

So I will keep trying it and see what happens. I hope to get more takers. But it was nice to see that it worked. Thanks bunches for the Dollar Days Flyer idea.

Hope it also helps others.

Tracy Graham
[email protected]
WAVE 1
Palmer House Hilton

Could you get a co-worker to do a show??I'm assuming (and I know that's bad) that when you're saying they don't speak english, that they speak Spanish?? If that's the case, try to get them to do a show, send a catalog home to their family, as you can sell cookware to them, as they do lots of stove top cooking.

Also, I'd put up signs in grocery, laundry, florist, realtor, etc type places. Anywhere that will let you, put up your information.

I know it costs, but also maybe look in newspapers for "events" that are happening and see if you could do a donation basket, and do little things, with a gift cert through you, where if they have a show, it'll be doubled?? Maybe that will also help get your name out.

HTH,
Lisa

I am thinking about using the dollar days flyer for July and August as well, since I have no shows booked yet. I am going to see how my shows go in June before I roll it out.

Do you know if PC offers any incentives for shows in July or August? I know they have the guest specials, but is there anything else? The new catalog comes out Sept 1, so that will help build shows in Sept, but how do we get through the summer?

Try this: Host your own Phone SaleSAVE BIG!!
SET YOUR KITCHEN TIMER or ALARM CLOCK or BOTH!
AND DIAL IN . . .
Katie'S Phone Sale is Friday, June 9th, 2006

Save 5% between 10 - 11 am
Save 10 % between 11- NOON
Save 15% between NOON - 1 pm.

Add your PHD # (past host within past year) and
save another 10% at any hour!

The highest order will receive a FREE 8" Professional Saute Pan with Lifetime Warranty ($38 value!)

Every $50 order will receive a FREE Classic Batter Bowl ($13 value) with their order!

You can choose to pick your order up at my home when it arrives OR have it shipped by UPS to your door.

There are 4 ways to order. . . choose which works best for YOU:

1. Visit my website during sale hours 10am - 1pm www.pamperedchef.biz/KatieCollins
Then, click on "Order Pampered Chef Products"
Next, enter host's name. . . which is PHONE SALE
You can view the catalog & place your order, including credit card payment.
It is a secure site - I will adjust your total to reflect the sale.

2. Call me the during the sale hours 999-999-9999. If I am helping another customer and you get my voicemail, just leave your order *with product numbers*, your full name and phone number, and I will call you back with your total on Friday afternoon and you can give me your payment option at that time.

3. E-mail your order to me Thurs night, with your full name and phone number and take the full discount. Include your full name, address, phone number and I will call you with your total and get your payment option.

4. fax your order to me Friday between 10 am and 1 pm. Please remember to put item numbers and a phone number where I can reach you. You can see the entire catalog on my web site.

Have fun shopping . . . for yourself, for gifts, for your kids who now have kitchens of their own, for weddings, showers and even Mother's Day! I appreciate your business and I am here to help you with recipe and product ideas any time. Without you, I have no business in the kitchen.

Need new cookware . . . ask me about the two ways to get it FREE! Either Host a show OR do what I do - become a Pampered Chef Consultant and enjoy the same flexibility and expense-paid vacations that my family enjoys. I am just a phone call away or check out my website to learn more.

Thanks for that great tip. I can use that after I add all my customers from my June cooking shows.

See if any friends/coworkers you know outside your church can do a catalogue show for you. Let them start it now that way they can close in the first couple weeks of June. Just make sure to get phone numbers of the people who order that way you can call them and possibly get some bookings.

- Express Show #1: if they hold their show within a week or two from booking, offer to give them a free show (provide recipe ingredients).
- 20/20 show: Have 20 guests, show 20 products in 20 minutes (serve coffee & pre-cooked recipe; do demonstration with potato/cucumber)
- A GRAND Show: Ask 10 people to each collect $100 in orders. Split host benefits into 10, draw to give each person a cut of the benefits. ($100 in orders is only 3-4 average orders of $35 each.. not hard at all) You can scale this down too; 5 people get $100 orders, split benefits into 5 parts, 2 people get $100 in orders, split benefits in half.. etc. my director does these parties all the time and does VERY well with them.

Mega shows are nice, too. You provide a large place, the food, utensils, and host supplies. Sometimes you can ask them to provide a drink or $5 for food. Each host has a table and you can give prizes for the most people at a table, highest outside sales, etc. Anyway, it is doing more than one show, but all at the same time! Each host has a separate show, so no splitting of benefits....although I really like that idea.Another tip is to know your next two available dates without looking at your calendar. That way you book close in. Also, when offering potential dates to hosts, only offer two or three dates. If those don't work, then go further out.

For the June dollar days (or any month for that matter), do I have to first purchase the material that I would be offering? It sounds like a really neat thing and June is my SS1 so if could get a jump start on that, that would be fantastic!

Jason,

You can either purchase it, or add it to the host's order. Whichever you prefer. You will have to send me photo's from last night's meeting, when you get the chance.

If you add it to the host's order (and pay the difference), then you can take advantage of their discount, plus you would still be getting commission - it's a win-win!!!

Beauty Salon IdeaI've really been hurting for bookings and I heard this on a "Move It, You Won't Lose it" CD (an older version). It can be so hard to get bookings outside of a show.

She suggested that you take a bag of your stuff (mini-catalogs, flyers, whatever you want) to a local hair salon. Talk to the owner/manager and tell them that for every person they can get to book a show, you will give the hostess a $10 gift certificate to THE SALON on the night of her show. If the salon owner knows she'll be getting something out of it, she'll be more willing to help you out. And she has a captive audience when she cuts hair! If you live in a large area, you could do several salons.

I hope that helps some! Good luck! :)

I dropped some catalogs off at 3 local salons last week trying to get some extra sales for May. I offered a Mystery Host to anyone who purchased certain things. I got the idea from a thread here on CS. I am following up with them tomorrow to see how sales are going, and I will pick up the catalogs on Friday, to close the show this weekend. I am hoping to get my $1250 for the month, since I am in SS1. I would love to add that stuff to my current collection - I don't have any of it.

I was going to put an ad in the paper because my bookings were looking grim until last evening also. My ad was going to be...

DOLLAR DAYS!!!
With the Pampered Chef
Book a show in June and get your pick of
certain items for the price of the day!
Call for details!!
Suzi Que www.pamperedchef.biz/suzi (name is only an example)

I still have until tomorrow at noon to place an ad. Thing is I only maybe want 2 more for June. What if I get lots of calls. But what if I only get 1 or 2 like I want? I don't know, something to decide until tomorrow for me.
Schel

schel said:
I was going to put an ad in the paper because my bookings were looking grim until last evening also. My ad was going to be...

DOLLAR DAYS!!!
With the Pampered Chef
Book a show in June and get your pick of
certain items for the price of the day!
Call for details!!
Suzi Que www.pamperedchef.biz/suzi (name is only an example)

I still have until tomorrow at noon to place an ad. Thing is I only maybe want 2 more for June. What if I get lots of calls. But what if I only get 1 or 2 like I want? I don't know, something to decide until tomorrow for me.
Schel

You may only want one or two more cooking shows so if you get more calls than that, offer them catalog shows! Can't have too many catalog shows! I wish I could have one catalog show closing for each day of the month!:D Maybe to get the dollar day deal the show will have to close on a specific date. :D

Thanks for the info.
I think I'll give it a try.
Schel

The highest order will receive a FREE 8" Professional Saute Pan with Lifetime Warranty ($38 value!)

Every $50 order will receive a FREE Classic Batter Bowl ($13 value) with their order!

I understand trying to get more sales but how are you making any money when you are giving all of this away?

When offering dates, instead of offering " the 3rd, 7th, or 12th", try going backwards: "the 12th, 7th, or the 3rd." For some reason, most people will choose the last choice offered. Crazy, but it really works!

soonerchef said:
use the dollar days flyer...I haven't downloaded it and hopefully someone that has it can re-post it here for you. I also use the Book to Look and have had great success with it, I actually had a guest (the sister of the host) book and I told her the dates that I had and she yelled out "We are doing my show the day before Father's Day and I don't care if it's too soon for most of you...you are coming anyway!"...

What was the item she wanted?

I wolud call everyone you know, near AND far and tell them how great easy the catalog/web shows are. Send out a mailing to your newsletter list. Offer a free small bar pan stone to all shows that reach $300.

Good luck!

chef.katie said:
Try this: Host your own Phone Sale

SAVE BIG!!
AND DIAL IN . . .
Katie'S Phone Sale is Friday, June 9th, 2006

You can choose to pick your order up at my home when it arrives OR have it shipped by UPS to your door.

There are 4 ways to order. . . choose which works best for YOU:

1. Visit my website during sale hours 10am - 1pm www.pamperedchef.biz/KatieCollins
Next, enter host's name. . . which is PHONE SALE

2. Call me the during the sale hours 999-999-9999. If I am helping another customer and you get my voicemail, just leave your order *with product numbers*, your full name and phone number, and I will call you back with your total on Friday afternoon and you can give me your payment option at that time.

3. E-mail your order to me Thurs night, with your full name and phone number and take the full discount. Include your full name, address, phone number and I will call you with your total and get your payment option.

4. fax your order to me Friday between 10 am and 1 pm. Please remember to put item numbers and a phone number where I can reach you. You can see the entire catalog on my web site.

Have fun shopping . . . for yourself, for gifts, for your kids who now have kitchens of their own, for weddings, showers and even Mother's Day! I appreciate your business and I am here to help you with recipe and product ideas any time. Without you, I have no business in the kitchen.

Need new cookware . . . ask me about the two ways to get it FREE! Either Host a show OR do what I do - become a Pampered Chef Consultant and enjoy the same flexibility and expense-paid vacations that my family enjoys. I am just a phone call away or check out my website to learn more.

Katie, have you had alot of success with that?

cookingabcs said:
How do you book the next month when it's so late in the current one? I have 2 shows in June but both are at the end. I would really like to get some earlier but everyone I know is Pampered out, let along finding people to host a show in the next 3 weeks and actually having it work out.

Any suggestions would be GREAT!!:D

My director suggested a great idea to drum up sales and businesses is to pick a business (library will be my first) to "Pamper for a week".... I'm going to drop off a fluted stone microcake with Dollar-store plates and napkins, and leave a few catalogs, and the recipes with my name on them. Tell them they have been selected to be Pampered, and I will pick up dirty plate later on. Maybe offer a discount on the fluted stone to anyone who books?

Pick a local business every other week or so - you will find people who have been looking for a PC consultant and get interest too. :)

I have heard of a lot of consultants who have done a phone sale. Man, I think I'm going to do it! Why not? It can only help you increase your sales in June! Thanks for re-introducing the phone sale and I will post my results when I'm finished! :D
Thanks again!

Katie~Are you doing it this year? If so, are you going to change the batter bowl to the ice cream sandwich maker? I also found this one in my files:

Friday Night Phone Sale- April 26th!
Pick up or get out your Pampered Chef® catalog to participate in my famous Friday phone sale.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS-- AND WHY ITS FAMOUS! I sit by the phone all day, and you call in your orders. There will be HOURLY SPECIALS, RANDOM FREEBIES, and SHOPPING SPREES!

HOURLY SPECIALS
NOON to 1pm:Quiz Pick- You have 30 seconds to identify a product from a quiz question. You get it right- its yours!
1pm-2pm: All products containing an 'f' for Famous Friday, 10% off!
2pm-3pm: TIME OFF TO PICK UP THE KIDS!! Order by email & take a set of Bamboo Spooners Free
3pm-4pm: All orders this hour entered into a draw for the Small Bar Pan.
4pm-5pm: free gift with every order this hour
5pm-6pm: DINNER BREAK- email orders take a Seasons Best FREE if you let me eat in peace!
6pm-7pm: If your name has an 'F' for Famous Friday in it, 20% off!
7pm-8pm: Mens hour- All men placing orders get a Seasons Best Recipe Collection.
8pm-9pm: BED TIME FOR THE KIDS! Order by email and be entered to win a Classic Batter Bowl for every $15 you spend.
9pm-10pm: first caller this hour gets a half price item!
10pm-11pm: FINAL HOUR- THE TAX FREE ZONE!

RANDOM FREEBIES
I have a list of random numbers from 1 to 100. If you are the right caller you get a FREEBIE from the selection available at that time. COULD BE ANYTHING!!

SHOPPING SPREES
I would appreciate it if you would invite a friend to benefit from this Phone Sale- IN FACT, when you refer 5 or more people to my FAMOUS FRIDAY sale, you will WIN A SHOPPING SPREE! The more people you refer, the BIGGER your SPREE will BE! The spree is based on orders placed by your referrals. You don't have to place a minimum order to win.

Email orders will be checked once an hour so that you can benefit from the hourly specials. Shipping and taxes apply to all orders. Shipping in town, $4, all others subject to actual UPS shipping charge. Credit card orders ONLY for this sale please.

I'm not sure which one to do or which one to tweak. I have a show on Friday night so I'll probably do the one Katie posted. :confused: Hmmm, decisions, decisions!:p

Okay, here's what mine looks like. Before I send it out, I am asking everyone here if they could give me any suggestions on what to improve, please! Am I missing the boast on something?:confused: :rolleyes:

SAVE BIG!!
AND DIAL IN . . .

Kristi’s Famous Friday Phone Sale is Friday, June 2nd, 2006

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS-- AND WHY ITS FAMOUS! I sit by the phone all afternoon, and you call in your orders. There will be HOURLY SPECIALS and SHOPPING SPREES!

Hourly Specials:
10 am – 11 am Save 5% on your entire order!

11 am - NOON All products containing an 'f' for Famous Friday, 10% off!
NOON - 1 pm Men’s hour- All men placing orders get a FREE Seasons Best Recipe Collection.

1 pm – 2 pm Nap time! E-mail me or go to my website to place your order and you’ll be entered to win a FREE JAR OPENER!

2 pm – 3 pm Save 15% on any order!

3 pm – 4 pm FINAL HOUR- THE TAX FREE ZONE!

Add your PHD # (past host within past year) and save another 10% at any hour!

The highest order will receive a FREE product valued at $25! Your choice!

Every $60 order will receive a FREE Ice Cream Sandwich Maker ($12 value) with their order!

There are 3 ways to order. . . choose which works best for YOU:

1. Visit my website during sale hours 10am - 4pm www.mywebsite.biz!

Next, enter host's name. . . which is PHONE SALE (Type Phone in first name box and Sale in second box)

2. Call me the during the sale hours at 123-456-7890. If I am helping another customer and I don’t pick up, I will call you right back.

3. E-mail your order to me Thurs night, with your full name and phone number and take the full discount of 15%. Include your full name, address, phone number and I will call you with your total and get your payment.

Have fun shopping . . . for you, for gifts, for your kids who now have kitchens of their own, for weddings, showers and even Father's Day! I appreciate your business and I am here to help you with recipe and product ideas any time. Without you, I’d have no business in the kitchen.

Need new cookware? . . . ask me about the two ways to get it FREE! Either Host a show OR do what I do - become a Pampered Chef Consultant and enjoy the same flexibility and expense-paid vacations that my family enjoys. I am just a phone call away or check out my website to learn more!

SHOPPING SPREES
I would appreciate it if you would invite a friend to benefit from this Phone Sale- IN FACT, when you refer 5 or more people to my FAMOUS FRIDAY sale, you will WIN A SHOPPING SPREE! The more people you refer, the BIGGER your SPREE will BE! The spree is based on orders placed by your referrals. You don't have to place a minimum order to win.

Email orders will be checked once an hour so that you can benefit from the hourly specials. Shipping and taxes apply to all orders. Shipping in town, $4, all others subject to actual UPS shipping charge. Credit card orders ONLY for this sale please.

ALSO Book your show with me on June 2nd, and you’ll receive Any product (valued at $30 or less) for the price of the day. Example-choose the Food Chopper and book your show on June 5th and receive the chopper for $5! Must book your show for June, July or August to receive this special! Hurry, this deal won’t last long and dates are filling quickly!

As I had only one show for June, I decided to do an open house for next weekend. I am making it a Mystery Host, so someone wins the host benefits, and emailed all of my friends (across the country) and am putting bags on neighbor's doors with a mini catalog, invite and business card so to try to meet more people and get a wider customer base. It's not until next weekend and I already have one order from Kansas and I haven't even put them on my neighbor's doors. I am giving them an extra like 10 chances of winning the benefits if they do a show in June, 8 in July, etc. I am hoping that I can turn it into 2 shows, so to help my cluster get the cluster challenge and give 2 people the benefits! I will also put signs on the major roads, so to try and get some random people... That is just my idea; I hope that you find something that works; and if it does share! :) ~Alison

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MrsNetNut404