1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Prizes question

1. Christa

Christa Member

If you run an incentive, for instance "Host with highest March show wins the new muffin stone" do you add the item onto a show, or order it by itself under your discount?
    Thanks!

Jan 31, 2006
  2. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

I would add it to the host order because you will make commission on it plus depending on the host discount 20%, 25% or 30%. :)

Jan 31, 2006
  3. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

If I were offering an incentive to the host like get the Food Chopper for only $10, I would add it to the show and use her discount. But an incentive like Host with the highest for the month, I would say you should order it with your consultant discount. Unless you are comfortable asking your current host to use her discount to order something for yourself or someone else. (A contest like this your winner would already have held their show so you wouldn't be able to use their discount) Although if the show was in that same month you could order it on any one of your shows just ask the host if you can add the prize for the month on to her order.

Or is your question should you buy it as a guest/past host? We technically can't order as a guest.

Feb 1, 2006
  4. Christa

Christa Member

What I'm asking is if its wrong to oder a prize for someone else off another hosts show. Probably, since I would get the discount and commission. What about ordering it on another hosts show and putting it under Consultant Gift so there was no commission?

Feb 1, 2006
  5. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

Absolutely not! I would make sure that the Host is a friend. That is what I do. When my friend Host a show I order stuff from her discount 25% or 30%.

Colleen :)

Feb 1, 2006
  6. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

When we pay for something as a "consultant gift" we DO get commission on that. The term means that we paid for the item as a gift to the host (or guest).

We don't get commission on items we buy for ourselves with the discount at a party we hosted or if we place a personal order.

As far as the prize is concerned - if the prize is best show of the month I would ask the first host who hit 30% discount if you can order the prize on her show - she's a front runner to win it anyway. And just explain that by using the discount it makes you able to offer such great prizes. Pay for it as a Consultant Gift so she sees on the receipt that you really did pay for it. :p

Personally I don't do that kind of contest. What I do is my host of the month gets free shipping for a year and an extra 10% off on her next order from me. Then I don't have to worry about guarantees or ordering anything. Another option is to give something you have. We all accumulate products that we already have because of different incentives and that's a good use of those.

Feb 1, 2006
Have something to add?