• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Fair Prize Drawings: Tips and Tricks for a Successful Event

P
PCGoddess
does anybody have veribage/experience for prize drawings at a craft fair?

I've usually just posted a cute sign in a clear acrylic frame (one of those "L" shaped ones) that says "Enter to win $15 in FREE products!" or "Enter to win a $20 Shopping Spree!". I've never had anyone just spend the $15 or $20. I also offer Free Shipping to anyone who orders at the fair. Then I add it to a show that may be struggling and it helps the host out, and I use MY 10% off Past Host Discount to purchase. :)

I have only done two fairs so far and I have had good results. I usually stand beside the display of the the prize and try to catch people's eye. When I do, I ask them if they have seen our (whatever the prize is) and I let them touch it and play with it. While they are filling out their prize slip, I try to ask question that require more than just a yes or no answer. "Do you have any of our products at home? What is your favorite PC product?" After talking for a while I tell them I am offering free kitchen shows to anyone who books at the fair as long as they book before the end of (whatever month I am trying to fill).

Well I did one yesterday and was giving away a $15 gift certificate and 5 free kitchen shows. I had 20 people put in for the draw. Two said yes that they wanted a party, a few maybes, a few said they would do catalogues shows. So I phoned everyone and said (to thoses who were home) that they won a free kitchen show even it they wanted a catalogue show. Two are going to do it as a catalogue and I booked one kitchen show to a person who didn't answer the questions. For the ones that are doing cat. shows I offered to give them an extra $7 towards product that I would have spent on food. Just smile and always stand. Ask questions and offer for them to fill out for the draw and if you have enough, give them a catalogue after they filled out the draw slip because you have there name to follow up with them.

Attachments

• Craft%20Fair%2DApproaching[1].doc
    1.2 KB · Views: 819

1. How can I ensure that my craft fair prize drawing is successful?

To have a successful craft fair prize drawing, it is important to have attractive and desirable prizes, promote the drawing beforehand, and make it easy for attendees to enter. You can also consider collaborating with other vendors to offer a larger prize or offering multiple smaller prizes to increase interest and participation.

2. What are some effective ways to promote my craft fair prize drawing?

Promoting your craft fair prize drawing can be done through various channels such as social media, email marketing, flyers, and posters. You can also ask vendors to promote the drawing through their own networks and offer incentives for attendees who share about the drawing on social media.

3. Should I charge for entry into the prize drawing?

This ultimately depends on your goals for the prize drawing. Charging for entry may discourage some attendees from participating, but it can also help cover the cost of the prizes. It may be beneficial to offer both free and paid entry options to cater to different attendees.

4. How should I select the winners of the prize drawing?

There are a few different ways to select winners for a craft fair prize drawing. You can use a random number generator, draw names out of a hat, or have attendees submit their entry forms with contact information for a chance to win. Whichever method you choose, be sure to do it in a fair and transparent manner.

5. What are some unique prize ideas for a craft fair drawing?

Some unique prize ideas for a craft fair drawing include handmade items from vendors, gift baskets filled with products from multiple vendors, gift certificates to local businesses, and exclusive experiences such as a private crafting session with a vendor. You can also consider asking vendors to donate a portion of their products or services as prizes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• reagan_davis
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • dldunphy