1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Prize drawings

1. PCGoddess

PCGoddess Guest

does anybody have veribage/experience for prize drawings at a craft fair?

Oct 14, 2005
  2. I've usually just posted a cute sign in a clear acrylic frame (one of those "L" shaped ones) that says "Enter to win $15 in FREE products!" or "Enter to win a $20 Shopping Spree!". I've never had anyone just spend the $15 or $20. I also offer Free Shipping to anyone who orders at the fair. Then I add it to a show that may be struggling and it helps the host out, and I use MY 10% off Past Host Discount to purchase. :)

Oct 15, 2005
  3. amya

amya Member

I have only done two fairs so far and I have had good results. I usually stand beside the display of the the prize and try to catch people's eye. When I do, I ask them if they have seen our (whatever the prize is) and I let them touch it and play with it. While they are filling out their prize slip, I try to ask question that require more than just a yes or no answer. "Do you have any of our products at home? What is your favorite PC product?" After talking for a while I tell them I am offering free kitchen shows to anyone who books at the fair as long as they book before the end of (whatever month I am trying to fill).

Oct 16, 2005
  4. cla519

cla519 Member

Well I did one yesterday and was giving away a $15 gift certificate and 5 free kitchen shows. I had 20 people put in for the draw. Two said yes that they wanted a party, a few maybes, a few said they would do catalogues shows. So I phoned everyone and said (to thoses who were home) that they won a free kitchen show even it they wanted a catalogue show. Two are going to do it as a catalogue and I booked one kitchen show to a person who didn't answer the questions. For the ones that are doing cat. shows I offered to give them an extra $7 towards product that I would have spent on food. Just smile and always stand. Ask questions and offer for them to fill out for the draw and if you have enough, give them a catalogue after they filled out the draw slip because you have there name to follow up with them.

Attached Files:

Oct 16, 2005
Have something to add?