• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would Make for an Exciting Prize for My Fair Prize Drawing?

In summary, when deciding on a prize for a fair, it's important to consider your target audience and event type. A gift basket filled with goodies could be a hit for a family-friendly fair, while a gift certificate may be better for a niche or industry-specific event. Displaying a picture of the prize in a clear plastic stand is a good idea, and making the gift certificate redeemable only through you can help drive future business. A cookbook is also a great prize option that is easy to ship or deliver. Ultimately, the key is to choose a prize that will be appealing to your attendees and aligns with your event.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am trying to decide what I should have as my prize drawing for my fair on Tuesday. Should it be a gift basket filled with stuff? I don't know if the extra things I have are that exciting. What would make for an exciting prize? I was wondering if I should print out a picture of what the prize would be and have it in one of those clear plastic display stands in front of the entries. Then I would order it along with the other orders that come in between my fair and my Open House that Saturday. Or should I have a gift certificate, redeemable only through me?

For fairs, I sometimes offer a free show (I bring all ingredients and paper goods, plus mail all invitations). There has been some debate here about whether that's an ethical choice, because it implies that our hosts usually pay to have shows. But you'll get leads who are genuinely interested in hosting and not just the free goodies.A gift certificate is nice because it's easy to ship, or you can just tell them to call you with an order and you'll knock that much off the total.Another good prize is a cookbook. I buy several when they're on sale and use them as prizes. They ship easily, so I don't have to bother making a delivery.

First of all, it's great that you're planning a prize drawing for your fair! It's always a nice touch to have something special for attendees to look forward to.In terms of what would make for an exciting prize, it really depends on your target audience and the type of fair you're hosting. If it's a family-friendly event, a gift basket filled with goodies could definitely be a hit. However, if it's a more niche or industry-specific fair, a gift certificate may be a better option as it allows the winner to choose something they truly want or need.As for displaying the prize, a picture in a clear plastic stand is a good idea. It gives people a visual of what they could potentially win and adds to the excitement. Just make sure the picture accurately represents the actual prize.If you do decide to go with a gift certificate, I would suggest making it redeemable only through you. This ensures that the winner will come back to your business or event, and it also gives you the opportunity to engage with them further and potentially turn them into a repeat customer.Overall, the most important thing is to choose a prize that aligns with your audience and event, and to make sure it's something that people will actually want. Good luck with your fair and prize drawing!

What is a prize drawing?

A prize drawing is a promotional activity in which participants have a chance to win a prize by entering their name or information into a raffle or drawing. The winner is randomly selected from all entries received.

How do I enter a prize drawing?

To enter a prize drawing, you will need to follow the specific instructions provided by the host or organizer. This may include filling out a form, purchasing tickets, or submitting your information online.

What kind of prizes can I win in a prize drawing?

The prizes available in a prize drawing can vary greatly. They can range from small items like kitchen gadgets or gift cards, to larger prizes like vacations or electronics. The specific prizes offered will depend on the event or promotion.

Are prize drawings free to enter?

In most cases, yes, prize drawings are free to enter. However, some events or organizations may charge a small fee to enter the drawing or require a purchase in order to be eligible to win.

How will I know if I have won a prize drawing?

If you are the winner of a prize drawing, you will typically be notified by the host or organizer through email, phone, or mail. They will provide instructions on how to claim your prize and any other necessary details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
kittychef
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
Replies
Views
DebbieJ