• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Postcard Printing: Tips and Tricks for Perfect Results

In summary, the printer is not catching the postcard properly and this is causing the postcards to print before they are even pulled through the printer.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I used to print all the information my postcards until I switched to mini catalogs. Now that I'm going back this season I cannot get my printer to print correct on them any more! It's like it's starting to print before it even pulls the postcard through. I actually set a postcard setting on my printer before so I'm using the same settings as before. Anybody have any ideas? I'd prefer not to use the new labels as that would be another expense, I'm trying to cut down which is one reason why I went back to postcards.

When I have used postcards I actually do use a lable (sometimes full size and cut it up to fit on the cards). I know it was an extra expense, but I didn't have to worry about my printer eating cards, smearing ink, and I could fit more information on the lable then stick it on the postcard.

I use lables too for post cards (I KNOW I SHOULD USE MINIS) but i have alot of shows and the pst card have been working fine
I use the regular ones that have 30 on a page , then I put one of them on my calender so I have all the info and then I know I sent out the packet to the host

My guess is the problem is your printer, not any formatting. Does it sound like the printer is trying to pull the postcard through, but it is just not catching? I'm thinking the rubbery rollers that grab the paper and feed it through are either dusty or dry rotting.

My problem with using a lable is I'm trying to cut back on my costs and how many times I touch them. I was sending out mini invites for a year and the cost and time got to be too much and I personally didn't notice much of a difference.

ChefCat, I'll check the rollers, maybe they just need cleaned. That's what it sounds like it is doing.

Did you check and make sure the adjustable side thing is up against the edge of your stack of postcards as they sit waiting to get pulled in? (I'm terrible about terminology. :) )

How many are you putting through at a time? Maybe if you put in too many, the printer isn't catching them right.

In Word, I create a special sized document that is the same size as the postcards. I then add text boxes. My printer can feed from the bottom or from the back, so I tell it to feed from the rear tray. I don't use any default settings for postcards. Maybe this will help? You'll have to figure out how to do what I'm talking about on your Mac....but since Mac's will someday save the world, I'm sure you'll be able to do this!! :rolleyes: :p

I had to re-create mine, too, to get it to work, and then feed them in one at a time.

Is it a new creation that will work with the newly designed invites? The lines and spacing are all different from the old postcards. I'd love to see the file of it, if you have it and would be willing to share. :)

I haven't even looked at the new season yet! Are they way different?

My next thought was to recreate it. The lines are spaced out differently than the old postcards. Guess I have some work to do tonight when I get home.

And I'd be ever so grateful if after you slave away tonight, you shared them. :D ;) :) (I'm so terrible about figuring out formatting and spacing, etc. Zero patience for stuff like this. :blushing:)

Oh trust me, trying to format anything in Word when I'm used to working with design programs at work frustrates me to no end! But if I get it to work I will post it!

1. How can I customize the design for my postcards?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of customizable templates for postcards that you can choose from. You can also upload your own design or logo to create a unique and personalized postcard.

2. What is the recommended size for postcard printing?

The standard size for a postcard is 4 inches by 6 inches. However, we also offer larger sizes such as 5 inches by 7 inches or 6 inches by 9 inches, depending on your specific needs.

3. Can I print on both sides of the postcard?

Yes, our postcards are printed on both sides to maximize the space and allow for more information or designs. You can choose to have the same design on both sides or have different designs on each side.

4. What type of paper do you use for postcard printing?

Our postcards are printed on high-quality, durable cardstock paper that is thick and sturdy. This ensures that your postcards will withstand the mailing process and arrive in pristine condition.

5. How long does it take to print and ship postcards?

The printing and shipping time for postcards may vary depending on the quantity and customization of your order. However, we strive to process and ship all orders within 1-2 business days for standard shipping. Expedited shipping options are also available for faster delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • etteluap70PC