• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Printing Color Invites: Is It Worth the Cost?

In summary, at home it may be cheaper to print, but it is also faster and uses less ink. If you print in color, office max is an affordable option.
dwyerkim
I've been admiring a lot of the invites and fliers y'all have posted on here, and I just tweaked an invite to use for a HWC kick off/dessert party at my house. My question is, do those of you who print in color do it at home or have it printed? It just seems so expensive... I want to print 100 of these and, call me cheap, but I know I'll burn through my ink cartridges. And to have them printed would likely be $1 a page minimum. Am I missing something here? And feel free to tell me that I'm cheap and need to suck it up! :rolleyes:

Make sure that you go to one of our approved vendors for your color printing. In CC they are listed under Pampered Perks. For office max copy services make sure you print the special card - click on office max print & document services.

I usually print my color flyers in Fast Draft -- much quicker and uses MUCH less ink yet still have the splash of color and look nice.

tlennhoff said:
Make sure that you go to one of our approved vendors for your color printing. In CC they are listed under Pampered Perks. For office max copy services make sure you print the special card - click on office max print & document services.

What does it wind up costing at office max? I am still guessing it would be less to print at home even if I do have to buy ink refills.

ivykeep said:
I usually print my color flyers in Fast Draft -- much quicker and uses MUCH less ink yet still have the splash of color and look nice.

Oh, good thought! I do most of my printing in draft mode and grayscale, hadn't thought to do it in draft for color.

I think information can be found online. I actually know the last couple of times I priced out printing at a site versus doing my own at home it was cheaper to go out for it but it depends on how much color and what deals we are currently being offered.

I print in B&W and then copy on colored paper.

I do the same as Deb Jennings!

Much cheaper!

I posted a similar question a couple weeks ago and Cheffers suggested color paper. I am now doing that - THANK YOU CHEFFERS. There is an area discount store that I was able to purchase 100 sheets of pink paper (HWC invites) for $2. :) I think sometimes you just need to pull away from the typical postcard invites. People get those in the mail and think "oh, another one of those" and throw it out. Color sparks an interest plus you can personalize it.

i went to staples and color copies are 39 cents and b&W are .06 cents

print at home on colored paper. sadly, sometimes a whole new printer with the ink included costs less than an ink cartridge to refill with :(

FYI when you buy a new printer it usually only comes with a starter cartridge in it. I was told that these only hold about 1/2 the ink of a new cartridge.( or they only fill them 1/2 way.I don't remember which) I take my cartridges to Cartridge
World and have them refilled at a fraction of the price of a new one. They do a great job and they guarantee the cartridge to work. This has saved me a lot of money.

Well that's good to know about the printers. I hate seeing the prices on the new printers with everything and then look over at the cartridge and see it higher! I wish staples was closer than a half hour from me....sometimes the gas prices make it a worthless trip unless I add on a few more errands. Needless to say the home 'DIYS' kits are messy and not worth the headache.

pampermeplease said:
Well that's good to know about the printers. I hate seeing the prices on the new printers with everything and then look over at the cartridge and see it higher! I wish staples was closer than a half hour from me....sometimes the gas prices make it a worthless trip unless I add on a few more errands. Needless to say the home 'DIYS' kits are messy and not worth the headache.

Yes, several years ago ruined a printer by refilling the cartridge and then had it leak out and destroy the printer. I will have to look for a cartridge refill service nearby.

Color Copies at Office Depot, once you are signed up through CC, are .29 ... I don't think we can print them ourselves for that price but I've not figured it out lately.

I am going through ink like crazy!!!! UGH. It is driving me batty. I am not sure if it is my printer or not. I seem to be ink every month. SIGH

1. Can I print color invites at home or do I need to use a professional printing service?

It is possible to print color invites at home, but the quality may not be as high as using a professional printing service. Professional printers have access to better equipment and materials, resulting in a more polished and professional final product.

2. How much does it typically cost to print color invites?

The cost of printing color invites can vary depending on factors such as quantity, paper type, and design complexity. It is best to get a quote from a professional printer to get an accurate estimate.

3. Are there any advantages to printing color invites instead of using digital invitations?

Printing color invites adds a personal and tangible touch to your event. They can also serve as a keepsake for guests to remember the occasion. Additionally, some people may prefer a physical invitation over a digital one.

4. Will the colors on the printed invites match the colors on my computer screen?

There may be slight variations in color between what is displayed on your computer screen and the final printed product. This is because computer screens use RGB (red, green, blue) to display colors, while printers use CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) for printing. It is recommended to get a physical proof or sample from the printer to ensure the colors meet your expectations.

5. How far in advance should I print color invites?

It is recommended to print color invites at least 4-6 weeks before the event to allow enough time for printing, addressing, and mailing. If you are using a professional printing service, it is best to inquire about their turnaround time to ensure you have enough time to receive the invites and send them out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee