• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Printing DCB Recipe Booklet - Can Someone Spot the Problem?

sent the attached DCB recipe booklet to Office Depot to have a batch printed. Office Depot called and said there was a problem with the document, and asked her to resend it. So she did. Then she gets this email:We have still seem to have issues with pages 2&3, 25 and 48. Pages 2,3,25 the words are coming off the box and page 48 is blank. Please Advise…BUT - when she looks at those pages, everything looks fine. Can someone see something that needs to be fixed?I see exactly what they told you.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I sent the attached DCB recipe booklet to Office Depot to have a bunch printed.

Well, they called and said there was a problem with the document, and asked me to resend it. So I did. Then I get this email:

We have still seem to have issues with pages 2&3, 25 and 48. Pages 2,3,25 the words are coming off the box and page 48 is blank. Please Advise…

BUT - when I look at those pages, everything looks fine. ???

Can someone see something that needs to be fixed?

Attachments

• PAMPERED CHEF DEEP COVERED BAKER RECIPE BOOKLET JAN 2010.doc
    314 KB · Views: 607
I see exactly what they told you

pages 2, 3, and 25 the words are not contained only in the boxes

And Page 48 is blank.

Not sure how you can fix it.

on 2 and 3 it is page number for the specific section

Page 25 it is the ingredients for the 30 minute chicken

when i opened the file, the pages they list as having problems, the words go outside the margins. like on page 2, the page numbers are outside your margin outlines

I see it - I'm calling you now...

Becky, it looks fine to me - which probably means the problem is with the format in which you have it saved. I opened it in OpenOffice Writer. Is this how you saved it? If so, try saving as a PDF file, or MS Word doc.

Becky,

I know Linda was calling you but I fixed the problems and reattached the file just in case....

Attachments

• PAMPERED CHEF DEEP COVERED BAKER RECIPE BOOKLET JAN 2010.doc
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,125
Becky, it's probably the font that you're using. They probably don't have that font installed (whatever it is), and the computer is picking one at random (the computer I'm using is picking Arial).

Can you save it as a PDF and then send it to them? Then you won't have font and formatting issues/

By the way, Becky, thanks for this version!! Love the table of contents. It is now saved to my computer.

How frustrating for you. I see on pages 2 and 3 all of the category headings are tabbed into the right margins. Page 25 - 30 Min Chicken the second column of the ingredients also extend into the right margin. As for page 48 I see it plain as day.

I have a feeling the version of Word that you are using vs what Office Depot is using aren't compatible. My Mac reads your document in doc 'Compatibility Mode'. It says it was saved in MSWord 97 as a 2004 doc. My Word version is 2008 and reads it in the Compatibility mode. When I go into pages 2 and 3 it appears that the tab for the page number of the category goes right into the right margin. On page 25 the second column of the ingredients for 30 min chicken is over too far.

If everything is looking good for you can you save it as a PDF file and send that to Office Depot? Or call Office Depot and see what they suggest for you to do. I can't believe they haven't ever run into this before.

Good luck!

Becky , this is great . let us know how much it is to copy and put this together.
Thank you
Laurie

1. Why won't my DCB recipe booklet print?

There could be a few reasons why your DCB recipe booklet is not printing. First, make sure your printer is turned on and connected to your computer. Then, check that you have enough ink or toner and paper in your printer. If those things are not the issue, try restarting your computer and printer. If the problem persists, try printing a different document to see if the issue is with your printer or the recipe booklet itself.

2. My DCB recipe booklet is printing, but the pages are coming out blank. What's wrong?

This could be caused by a few things. First, make sure you have selected the correct printer and that it is properly connected to your computer. Next, check that your printer settings are set to print in color, as some of our recipe booklets have colored images. If the issue persists, try printing a different document to see if the problem is with your printer or the recipe booklet file.

3. I am having trouble printing a specific page in my DCB recipe booklet. How can I fix this?

If you are having trouble printing a specific page, try printing from a different web browser. Sometimes, certain web browsers may not be compatible with our recipe booklet files. If that does not work, try downloading the recipe booklet file and opening it in a PDF reader to see if that allows you to print the page you need.

4. The text in my printed DCB recipe booklet is blurry. How can I improve the print quality?

Blurry text can be caused by a few different things. First, make sure your printer settings are set to print at the highest quality. If that does not improve the print quality, try cleaning your printer's print heads and aligning them. If the issue persists, it could be a problem with the recipe booklet file itself. Contact our customer service for assistance.

5. I am trying to print my DCB recipe booklet, but the pages are coming out out of order. How can I fix this?

If your pages are printing out of order, it could be an issue with your printer settings. Make sure the "collate" option is selected in your printer settings. If that does not solve the problem, try downloading the recipe booklet file and printing it from a PDF reader. If the issue persists, it could be a problem with the recipe booklet file itself. Contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
chefann
  • whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nikked
  • babywings76