• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Primavera Potato Bites - Perfect for Weekend Shows!

In summary, Primavera Potato Bites are bite-sized appetizers made with mashed potatoes, vegetables, and herbs, topped with a savory cheese blend. They are easy to make using a mini muffin pan and can be customized with any vegetables. They can be made ahead of time and served as an appetizer, side dish, or light lunch, and can be paired with dips and additional toppings for added flavor.
bnlgal
I am making these for two shows this weekend. I thought I read somewhere that fresh tomatoes work better than the sun-dried ones. Thoughts? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if they work better, because I've never tried the sun dried tomatoes. I just don't like them -- they are dried out and packed in oil and taste rotten to me. So I use fresh grape tomatoes. It wouldn't hurt to make two batches, one each way, at home before you go, and you can test out the different methods.The last time I made them I was out of mayo, and the store wasn't open... so I used an egg and some olive oil. That worked well too!

You can buy sun-dried tomatoes that are just dry. I have used them and liked them. I have the ones in oil and find them to make a big mess. I personally don't like instant potatoes and have changed the recipe to accomodate real potatoes. When I do these for a show, I make the potato cups at home and just do the filling at the party. It's quicker and easier.

Here's my tweaked recipe

Attachments

• Primavera Potato Bites real potato.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 312
That's a good idea to try it both ways!
Sun-dried tomatoes are really expensive around here. That's another plus for using roma.
Those sound yum - I have never made them. Good idea for dinner tonight, thanks!

Thanks for the input! I will go to the store and check out prices for the sun dried ones. Depending on how expensive they are, I may just go with roma. I don't want my hosts to have to spend a lot on ingredients.

What are Primavera Potato Bites?

Primavera Potato Bites are bite-sized appetizers made with mashed potatoes, vegetables, and herbs, then topped with a savory cheese blend. They are perfect for parties and gatherings.

How do I make Primavera Potato Bites?

You can easily make Primavera Potato Bites using the Pampered Chef Mini Muffin Pan. Simply prepare the mashed potato mixture, press it into the wells of the pan, and bake for about 15 minutes. Then, add the cheese topping and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

What type of vegetables are used in Primavera Potato Bites?

Primavera Potato Bites are typically made with a mix of diced bell peppers, onions, and zucchini. However, you can use any vegetables of your choice to customize the recipe to your liking.

Can I make Primavera Potato Bites ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Primavera Potato Bites ahead of time and reheat them in the oven before serving. You can also freeze them after baking and reheat them in the oven for a quick and easy appetizer.

What are some serving suggestions for Primavera Potato Bites?

Primavera Potato Bites can be served as a delicious appetizer, side dish, or even as a light lunch. They pair well with a variety of dips, such as ranch dressing or marinara sauce. You can also top them with additional vegetables or herbs for added flavor and presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cr8vKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies