• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pretzel Wreaths for Kids: Easy Recipe for a Fun Kitchen Class!

In summary, it depends on the temp and what you're using, but in general, the candy will harden in about an hour.
pattikake
I am having a Kids in the Kitchen class this weekend and we will be making the pretzel wreaths. I haven't done them in awhile ... does anyone know how long the melted candy takes to harden? I'm trying to coordinate the rest of our recipes so that these will be ready to take home with the kids.

Thanks

It really depends on the temp of the room, etc...

What I've done before is place them on a stone that's been in the freezer - that will harden them quickly...I've had people make them on pieces of parchment, and then put their name on the parchment, so we know who's is who's...

Great idea - I have a porch that doubles as a cold storage area, so this will be a perfect place to keep the stone before & after they're made. Thanks!

pattikake said:
Great idea - I have a porch that doubles as a cold storage area, so this will be a perfect place to keep the stone before & after they're made. Thanks!

Oh, yes - you're in Vermont...so you have cold weather too. :) I've done that before too - we've just placed them out on a porch or a in a garage...with winter temps, they are hard in no time! :thumbup:

I'm doing this for my show on Saturday and I bought a pack of small red paper plates at the dollar store. I plan on everyone writing their name on the plate and putting their wreath on it so they can take it home easily even if it hasn't hardened yet.

I'm doing this for my show on Saturday and I bought a pack of small red paper plates at the dollar store. I plan on everyone writing their name on the plate and putting their wreath on it so they can take it home easily even if it hasn't hardened yet.
Great idea too! I'll pick up some plates tomorrow!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Pretzel Wreaths for Kids?

You will need pretzel sticks, mini marshmallows, green food coloring, red M&M's, and white chocolate chips.

2. Can I use different colored M&M's for the wreath?

Yes, you can use any color of M&M's that you like. You can even use a variety of colors to make the wreath more colorful and fun!

3. How do I make the green food coloring for the pretzels?

To make the green food coloring, mix a few drops of green food coloring with a small amount of water. Then use a pastry brush to lightly brush the mixture onto the pretzel sticks.

4. Can I use regular-sized marshmallows instead of mini marshmallows?

Yes, you can use regular-sized marshmallows, but you will need to cut them into smaller pieces to fit onto the pretzel sticks. Mini marshmallows work best for this recipe.

5. How long do the pretzel wreaths need to set before serving?

The pretzel wreaths should set for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden. This will ensure that the wreaths stay in their shape and are easier to handle when serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gidgetmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gidgetmarie
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
winklermom