1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pretzel Wreaths

1. pattikake

pattikake Member

I am having a Kids in the Kitchen class this weekend and we will be making the pretzel wreaths. I haven't done them in awhile ... does anyone know how long the melted candy takes to harden? I'm trying to coordinate the rest of our recipes so that these will be ready to take home with the kids.

Thanks

Dec 3, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It really depends on the temp of the room, etc...

What I've done before is place them on a stone that's been in the freezer - that will harden them quickly...I've had people make them on pieces of parchment, and then put their name on the parchment, so we know who's is who's...

Dec 3, 2009
  3. pattikake

pattikake Member

Great idea - I have a porch that doubles as a cold storage area, so this will be a perfect place to keep the stone before & after they're made. Thanks!

Dec 3, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Oh, yes - you're in Vermont...so you have cold weather too. :) I've done that before too - we've just placed them out on a porch or a in a garage...with winter temps, they are hard in no time! :thumbup:

Dec 3, 2009
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I'm doing this for my show on Saturday and I bought a pack of small red paper plates at the dollar store. I plan on everyone writing their name on the plate and putting their wreath on it so they can take it home easily even if it hasn't hardened yet.

Dec 3, 2009
  6. pattikake

pattikake Member

Great idea too! I'll pick up some plates tomorrow!

Dec 3, 2009
Have something to add?