• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unboxing the Pretty in Pleats Bag: How to Get Rid of Unpleasant Smells

It smells horrible.In summary, many people have experienced a strong smell with their new bags, particularly the Pretty in Pleats bag. Some have tried airing it out, using Febreeze, or putting in fabric softener sheets to get rid of the smell. Others have suggested washing the bag according to the instructions on the tag, or using vinegar instead of dryer sheets. However, some are hesitant to wash the bag due to past experiences with worsening smells.
Rosechef
I got it about a week ago. It smells horrible. I noticed the first one had the same smell, but it chilled out. The new one has been sitting outside airing out all week and I can't get the smell out. I've febreezed it. Help? Any suggestions. I wanted this one more than the others, because it's more everyday usable. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem.

none of mine smelled either

My first one smelled. I put a few fabric softener sheets in it and it went away. You can call HO and get it replaced if you want -- my PIP bag didn't smell.

I did notice the smell too, but it reminded me of when I used to work in an Organic Clothing store (they all smelled like that from India or somewhere). I think the dryer sheets suggestion is a valid option, or you can always call HO as well. I'm sure they'll rush one out to you :D

All of mine smell. I've been letting them air out and it's getting better. I think I'm going to try the fabric softener sheet trick, too. I have a very sensitive nose and other people don't notice the smell, but to me it's very strong.

I'm allergic to the dryer sheets...............so it would be a no win for me if mine smelled. Live with the stink or die from the allergy...............decisions, decisions.

I just got the Pretty in Pleats bag. If I sniff hard, I can tell there is a slight odor- from manufacturing process I'm sure. But the tag says you can "Remove insert before washing. Machine Wash Cold- Gentle Cycle. Do not bleach. Line Dry"So wash it! And for those with sensitivity to dryer sheets....use a bit of vinegar in the rinse cycle instead. For the other bags (Aug-Sept-Oct), check for the tag, but I bet they are the same. I only received the Sept utility bag, and then bought the 4th bag from someone....so not sure about the other two.

I'm afraid to wash it. I've had things that smelled like this in the past and washing it made it worse. I had to take it to a dry cleaners and they had to send it out to a place that gets the smell of fire out. If I get desperate, I'll do that.

I noticed a slight smell with mine as well.

1. What is the size of the Pretty in Pleats Bag?

The Pretty in Pleats Bag measures 14 inches in length, 6 inches in width, and 12 inches in height. It is the perfect size for carrying all of your essentials for a day out or for storing your Pampered Chef products.

2. Is the Pretty in Pleats Bag machine washable?

No, the Pretty in Pleats Bag is not machine washable. We recommend spot cleaning with a damp cloth and mild detergent if needed. Do not submerge the bag in water or put it in the washing machine as it may damage the fabric and construction.

3. Can the Pretty in Pleats Bag be personalized?

Unfortunately, the Pretty in Pleats Bag cannot be personalized. However, it does come in three different colors - black, navy, and red - so you can choose the one that best fits your style.

4. What materials is the Pretty in Pleats Bag made of?

The Pretty in Pleats Bag is made of a durable polyester material with a water-resistant coating. The straps and trim are made of vegan leather, giving it a stylish and luxurious look.

5. Can I use the Pretty in Pleats Bag for grocery shopping?

Yes, the Pretty in Pleats Bag is great for grocery shopping! It has a spacious interior with multiple pockets to keep your groceries organized and secure. The sturdy straps can also handle the weight of your groceries without breaking or causing discomfort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly