• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Pressing Fruit Without Citrus Press?

In summary, you can juice a lime or lemon by rolling it on a cutting board before cutting it in half, and by squeezing it with a fork.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Hi all I was going to make the triple citrus mojitos to bring to a bbq this afternoon. However I lent my citrus press to a friend that is of course away for holiday!:( Anyway I don't have juicer or alternate press and I know there is a trick with the whisk? Anyone know that trick because I feel as though I tried that and it didn't work like I thought it should. Or should I just sqeeze it manually? TIA

Just hold the whisk close to the wires and grind it in the fruit.Watch for the seeds though. I find myself using this method more than the citrus press.;)

Also, if you push and roll the lemon or lime on the cutting board before you cut it in half, it makes it easier to juice. I have only remembered to take to citrus press to one show. I always forget it and end up using the wisk trick. So glad I learned tha somewhere.

I nuke it for about 10 sec before I roll it.
Don't remember where I learned the whisk trick--CS or PC, but the rolling came from my mom and the microwave from Rachel Ray

I recently heard the microwave thing, but haven't tried it.

I forgot my press last week...I rolled, cut in half and then used the small bamboo spoon (in a turning motion), was amazed at the amount of juice, of course...the seeds were an issue!!!

Like the idea of the bamboo spoon when you can't find a citrus press or whisk around. Thanks!:love:

I was at a friends house for dinner one night and watched her husband as he was cooking. We were all talking while they together were prepping things. (I was making a mental note of all the great things I could recommend to make things easier, so hard not to say it out loud. :D ) Anyway, he just rolled the lime, cut it in half. Grabbed a fork from the drawer and stuck it in and twisted it and squeezed the lime. He just squeezed it pretty easily and clamped down on it and rotated the fork at the same time. I was amazed at how efficient he was. And it took him like 10 seconds to do the whole thing! Needless to say, I mentally removed the Citrus press from my list of products they could use. lol

1. How do I press fruit without a citrus press?

One way to press fruit without a citrus press is to use a fork or a potato masher to mash the fruit and extract the juice. You can also wrap the fruit in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the juice.

2. Can I use a blender to press fruit?

Yes, you can use a blender to press fruit. Simply blend the fruit until it is pureed, then strain it through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth to separate the juice from the pulp.

3. Is there a special tool for pressing fruit without a citrus press?

Yes, there are several tools that can be used to press fruit without a citrus press. Some options include a potato ricer, a garlic press, or a handheld juicer specifically designed for pressing small fruits like berries.

4. What fruits can I press without a citrus press?

You can press a variety of fruits without a citrus press, including berries, apples, pears, peaches, and plums. However, fruits with a high water content like watermelon may not be as effective to press without a specialized tool.

5. Will pressing fruit without a citrus press affect the flavor?

No, pressing fruit without a citrus press should not affect the flavor as long as the fruit is fresh and properly stored. Just be sure to use a clean and sturdy tool to press the fruit to avoid any contamination or unwanted flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • CaribooMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies