• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bring Prescription Drugs on Planes?

In summary, Just wondering If anyone here takes drugs everyday. My DH had a Quad Bi-Pass in 05 & he takes about 7 different pills twice a day. Hes coming with me to Conference & hes wondering what to do with his pills!! He doesn't want to put them in our checked baggage just in
Ginger428
Gold Member
Just wondering If anyone here takes drugs everyday. My DH had a Quad Bi-Pass in 05 & he takes about 7 different pills twice a day. Hes coming with me to Conference & hes wondering what to do with his pills!! He doesn't want to put them in our checked baggage just in case they get lost, but I'm not sure If they will give him a problem at security? Can anyone help me out.....TIA

I am almost positive that if they are in the original bottles (with this name, info on them they are fine), but you might want to confirm with the airline!

Check the TSA website. All the info you need about traveling is there.

DebbieJ said:
Check the TSA website. All the info you need about traveling is there.

Thanks!! :D

I went to the Delta Site & it says they want you to take them on the airplane with you....but I think I'll put all the bottles in a clear plastic bag & have it outside his carry on so they can see it faster.

Bring them on the plane in a carry one. Put them all in a plastic zip lock bag, make sure they are in the prescription bottles with his name on them, etc. When I flew to Denver that's what I did. Didn't have a problem at all. In fact, I had those, and things like my lipgloss, hand lotion, breath mints in the same bag. Made it easy to see and didn't have any problems.

I take allergy pills every day (prescription) and always put them in their original Rx bottle in my carry-on. I've never had a problem...but like they've said above - check with your airline just to be certain.

Hi
I travel alot and take syntroid, tramadol & celebrex, also some herbal supplememts. I have always used the daily pill boxes - labled for the days of the week and put my pills in each slot for each day and carry them on in my purse. In 3 years, flying coast to coast - have never had a problem {knock on wood}

Yes, I take 3 daily perscripttions and as Carolyn said, keep them in their original and current prescription bottle. Make sure they are in your carry on luggage because if you ever get separated with your checked luggage you will be without them until they find your luggage.

WOW! GREAT tips everyone, thank you SO much!

I just went to Reno and I did what was mentioned above, original bottles in the ziploc bag with my other toiletries. No problems.

1. Can I bring my prescription medication on a plane?

Yes, you are allowed to bring prescription medication on a plane. It is recommended to keep the medication in its original packaging and bring a copy of the prescription or a note from your doctor.

2. Do I need to declare my prescription medication at the airport security?

Yes, you will need to declare your prescription medication at airport security. This is to ensure that the medication is allowed on the plane and to avoid any delays or issues during the security screening process.

3. Are there any restrictions on the amount of prescription medication I can bring on a plane?

There are no specific limits on the amount of prescription medication you can bring on a plane. However, it is recommended to only bring the amount that you will need for the duration of your trip.

4. What if my prescription medication needs to be refrigerated?

If your prescription medication needs to be refrigerated, you will need to inform the airline before your flight. They may be able to provide a cooler or ice pack for your medication during the flight.

5. Can I bring my prescription medication in my carry-on bag?

Yes, you can bring your prescription medication in your carry-on bag. This is recommended in case your checked luggage gets lost or delayed. However, make sure to follow the TSA's 3-1-1 rule for liquids and gels, and declare the medication at the security checkpoint.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KimmyDarling
  • pampered1224