• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Kindergarten Physicals: A Nervous Parent's Tale

In summary, the conversation revolves around a parent expressing nervousness about taking their twins for Kindergarten physicals and shots. They mention bringing cookies and catalogs to the pediatrician's office and trying to keep one twin occupied while the other gets their shots. Others share their own experiences and strategies for dealing with shots, and one parent mentions their child's negative reaction to shots and their decision to not vaccinate their other child. The conversation ends with talk of a surprise for the twins after their shots.
amy07
Ughhh!! My twins are going for their Kindergarten physicals today and will need to get their shots. :yuck: I'm a nervous wreck! :cry::cry:
I'm sure whoever goes first, I will be chasing down the 2nd!

p.s. I'm taking my pediatrician's office some cookies and catalogs!:chef:

Ohhh how I miss those days...... NOT!

at least the Dr office will be happy with the cookies and catalogs..

Can you see if they'll do them both at the same time? Surely they've got enough nurses & staff to handle that. If not, maybe the 2nd one could be at the nurses' station coloring, etc, as to ease the fear?

amy07 said:
Ughhh!! My twins are going for their Kindergarten physicals today and will need to get their shots. :yuck: I'm a nervous wreck! :cry::cry:

Can you get the nurse or someone to keep the 2nd busy while you're in with the first so the other doesn't know what's happening? Of course, I know they are probably too smart for that, but it might be worth a try!

Good luck....kids are tougher then we give them credit for sometimes. And, you must stay calm for their sake.....they know when Mommy's worked up!! ;)

Kids are better at shots than parents! Relax and stop worrying. You are paying for a doctor visit so make the nurses and doctor do some work. :)

Wishing you the best of luck!!

crystalscookingnow said:
Can you see if they'll do them both at the same time? Surely they've got enough nurses & staff to handle that. If not, maybe the 2nd one could be at the nurses' station coloring, etc, as to ease the fear?

My pediatrician does the shots himself. He always says that he is the one who is responsible (Love him:love:). He's probably close to retiring, and I hope my kids outgrow him before he does! He's a rare doctor that doesn't rush thru the visit, and even calls afterwards to check on the kids. Did I already mention how much I love him?

We've talked about today,so they know what is coming. Including the surprise afterwards.:D

amy07 said:
My pediatrician does the shots himself. He always says that he is the one who is responsible (Love him:love:). He's probably close to retiring, and I hope my kids outgrow him before he does! He's a rare doctor that doesn't rush thru the visit, and even calls afterwards to check on the kids. Did I already mention how much I love him?

We've talked about today,so they know what is coming. Including the surprise afterwards.:D

Are you gonna tell us what the surprise is???? :p

I sympathize with u. Luke has to have his 4 next month and COle has to have 4 too and that visit. I am dreading it !

PChefPEI said:
Are you gonna tell us what the surprise is???? :p

Yeah, don't leave us hanging. :)

amy07 said:

p.s. I'm taking my pediatrician's office some cookies and catalogs!:chef:

LOL...I just brought Pecan Tassies to my GYN & she booked for Sept.!!!;):cool:

Ugh, I'll have to do the kindergarten shots next year; I feel for ya!

My son just had his and didn't move an inch or cry for all 6 shots! I did tell him that the shots made his blood strong like superman. It seemed to work! The nurse said she had never seen a kid hold still like that and not cry. I was expecting him to freak! So it shocked me enough to take him out for a chocolate shake after! Yea, he is superman!

Ginger428 said:
LOL...I just brought Pecan Tassies to my GYN & she booked for Sept.!!!;):cool:

You ROCK!!:D:D

oh, the surprise is a shopping trip to the $ store! They LOVE it! Plus my DS has some tooth fairy $$ that is burning a hole in his pocket!:D

I don't do shots anymore. My oldest (almost 14) has been having "major problems" since his 4 year old shots (to start school). We found out a year ago that he may have asperger's syndrome (mild form of autism) which could have been caused from the shots. My cousin also had the same reaction to his shots @ 18 months. My daughter will be home schooled so she doesn't need them right now but I will definitely do more research before subjecting her to immunizations for diseases that rarely exists anymore. Hope I didn't offend anyone. This is just my feelings on the subject.

They did GREAT!!!Stephanie, I used your line and man did they eat that up!

I gotta tell you guys this. My DD is by far the toughest of my 3 even if she is the smallest. So, as we were getting ready for the Dr. to come back with the shots I wanted to give them the opportunity to "go first". So, I asked, "who is the bravest". Without missing a beat (and at the same time), my DD yells out "ME", while DS points to her and says "her".:D:rolleyes:

Oh, and no crying or fits or chasing anyone down! It was a good day afterall!

Glad everyone cooperated! Hope that they had fun shopping at the $ store!

Say - do you still need that chipotle ranch? I've got 5 packets if you do. :)

That's great to hear! My DD (who is now almost 26) used to react to her DPT (the P-part) under 5. I about was crazy when I heard that autism can be traced to that shot all these years later. She told me that they no longer use that P-part in the shots Josiah gets. He has never had any reaction to shots. Now they vaccinate kids against everything anyone over 30 used to have...chicken pox, mumps, etc. Guess it is better in the long run, but they still scare me!

1. What is the purpose of a kindergarten physical?

A kindergarten physical is a routine check-up that assesses a child's overall health and development before they enter kindergarten. It is important for identifying any potential health concerns and ensuring the child is ready for the physical and emotional demands of school.

2. When should I schedule my child's kindergarten physical?

It is recommended to schedule your child's kindergarten physical at least 4-6 weeks before the start of school. This allows enough time for any necessary follow-up appointments or immunizations to be completed before the first day of school.

3. What should I bring to my child's kindergarten physical?

Be sure to bring your child's immunization records, any completed forms from the school or doctor's office, and a list of any questions or concerns you may have. It is also helpful to have your child wear comfortable clothing and shoes for the physical exam.

4. What can I expect during my child's kindergarten physical?

During the physical, the doctor will check your child's height, weight, blood pressure, vision, and hearing. They will also assess your child's motor skills, speech, and social-emotional development. The doctor may also discuss any necessary immunizations and provide guidance on healthy habits for school.

5. What if my child is nervous about their kindergarten physical?

It is common for children to feel anxious about going to the doctor, especially for a physical exam. You can help ease their nerves by talking to them about what to expect and reassuring them that the doctor is there to help keep them healthy. You can also bring a favorite toy or book to help distract them during the exam.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back