• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Chicken Broccoli Braid for Sunday Show: Parchment Paper the Way to Go?

In summary, the Chicken Broccoli Braid can be made on a parchment paper-covered large bar pan to keep it clean, and the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies will be made on a medium stone.
sklay723
Gold Member
So this may seem like a silly question, but if I don't ask and then I mess this up at my show on Sunday, I'll feel terrible! I only have one large bar pan, the one that came with my kit. I'm arriving at the host's home early, and together we're going to make a Chicken Broccoli Braid. If I prepare it on the large bar pan on a sheet of parchment paper, that will keep the bar pan from getting dirty, correct? That way when the guests have arrived, we can scoop the braid onto a platter to serve, and then use the bar pan to make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies as the actual demo? I know the bar pan has to cool, but we should have plenty of time for that, since I'm giving myself a good amount of time between the braid and the brownies. If anyone thinks the parchment paper might not help, please let me know so I can plan accordingly...I've used it to make the Berry Patch Brownie Pizza, and it seemed like the stone didn't have anything on it.... TIA!

Hi! I would think that the parchment would keep the board clean just try to make sure you get it up the sides of the pan so that you don't get Chicken Broccoli Braid tasting Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies lol. Also would you care to pm me this recipe....I looked for it and couldn't find it....I am new so I don't have a huge collection of recipe books just a couple s/b and a dessert. I would greatly appreciate it and if anyone reading this has any "braid" recipes please send them my way I would love to give them a try! They sound like a show stopper!

Let us know if this works out so we can utilize it if we need too!
Good luck hope you have a AMAZING show!

It's not a silly question! Yes...the parchment paper will keep it clean! You can slide the entire ring off of your bar pan using the parchment paper. That way, it will cool even quicker!

PamperedPrincess02 said:
Hi! I would think that the parchment would keep the board clean just try to make sure you get it up the sides of the pan so that you don't get Chicken Broccoli Braid tasting Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies lol. Also would you care to pm me this recipe....I looked for it and couldn't find it....I am new so I don't have a huge collection of recipe books just a couple s/b and a dessert. I would greatly appreciate it and if anyone reading this has any "braid" recipes please send them my way I would love to give them a try! They sound like a show stopper!

Let us know if this works out so we can utilize it if we need too!
Good luck hope you have a AMAZING show!

Here are some!

Attachments

• Apple Cranberry and Almond Twist.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Bavarian Sausage Snack Ring.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Broccoli Chicken Braid.doc
    21 KB · Views: 245
  • Chicken Enchilada Ring.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 322
  • CREAMY CARAMEL APPLE BRAID.doc
    20 KB · Views: 325
And some more....

Attachments

• Taco Ring.doc
    19 KB · Views: 377
  • PICTURE of how to make a crescent wreath.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 353
  • Lemon Herb Chicken Ring.doc
    35 KB · Views: 216
  • Ham Florentine Wreath.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 348
  • Turkey Cranberry Wreath.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 222
Parchment paper is AWESOME! I have one large bar pan and one medium stone and when I made batch upon batch of cookies, I use parchment paper. I can bake the cookies right on it, pop the paper off to let them (and the stone) cool down faster AND keep on making cookies faster too. PLUS, we can load up cookie onto parchment paper and just transfer them to the stones... and keep on going. PLUS the paper is reusable a lot of times, especially for cookies AND no need to clean the stones then. LOVE parchment paper and ours is nice and wide and THICK... I bet it'll cover your large pan just fine and help keep it clean. I never thought parchment paper was necessary until I tried it on our stones!

I looked for it and couldn't find it....I am new so I don't have a huge collection of recipe books just a couple s/b and a dessert. I would greatly appreciate it and if anyone reading this has any "braid" recipes please send them my way I would love to give them a try! They sound like a show stopper!
You are definitely in the right place. You'll find tons of PC recipes, braids included, in the file section. I have also found many PC recipes on this website, Razzledazzlerecipes.com-- very handy! :D HTH

Thanks everyone...I am glad to know I won't totally mess this up! I just feel like the better prepared I am, the better things will go. I have the cranberry accent platter, and I think it will be perfect for putting the braid on. This is my "cranky" host who didn't take well to host coaching calls...apparently she knows all there is to know about hosting, and didn't feel she needed any of the information I offered. I suggested two different recipes before she finally gave in on this one...yikes!

sklay723 said:
Thanks everyone...I am glad to know I won't totally mess this up! I just feel like the better prepared I am, the better things will go. I have the cranberry accent platter, and I think it will be perfect for putting the braid on. This is my "cranky" host who didn't take well to host coaching calls...apparently she knows all there is to know about hosting, and didn't feel she needed any of the information I offered. I suggested two different recipes before she finally gave in on this one...yikes!
We all run into those hosts now and again. They'll usually be a little less resistant if you ask if you can practice your coaching on them, since they're so knowledgable. ;)

sklay723 said:
Those are my favorite hosts, NOT! I had one like this who ended up having only 1 person show up to her party because she didn't want to send out invites, didn't want to do follow up calls. After her show she wanted to close the next day only to have two more people try to place orders later on in the week. Crazy people! They don't think we know what we are talking about when we try to host coach them!

Well, I'm home. The recipes went smoothly...parchment paper was AWESOME for the braid I did (which turned out absolutely beautiful, BTW...wish I had thought to bring my camera!). I slid it off the parchment and right onto the Cranberry Accent Platter...what a great presentation that was. And the brownies were VERY yummy looking...good, good, good.
Show total is still pretty low...not even at $300. She isn't closing til Wednesday, but claims to have tons of other people who are planning to order. I'm not holding my breath, since she told me she was expecting a couple dozen people tonight...and eight showed up. Three didn't even order. One booked a catty show and didn't order. Yikes! I think what killed me most was me telling her that I would have been happy to make reminder calls to all of her potential guests, and then she told me that would have been nice if I had offered (um, yeah, that was actually offered...she just didn't think it was something she'd be interested in...basically turned me down flat!). Sometimes I just have to shake my head and sigh...
I hope you've all had wonderful weekends, and that you're ready for a great week ahead. :) Take care and have a good one!

Just a quick thanks
KellyTheChef said:
And some more....
Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe collection... we will be fat and happy here!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe collection... we will be fat and happy here!
When you go to conference, you'll see that the average size of PC consultants is probably slightly larger than the average size of the general population. :) Never trust a skinny consultant!

chefann said:
When you go to conference, you'll see that the average size of PC consultants is probably slightly larger than the average size of the general population. :) Never trust a skinny consultant!
They're families too :D

Ann your toooooo funny!

1. How do I properly fold the parchment paper for the Chicken Broccoli Braid?

To fold the parchment paper, place the paper on a flat surface and fold it in half diagonally. Then, unfold it and place the chicken and broccoli mixture on one half of the paper. Fold the other half over the mixture and crimp the edges to seal it.

2. Can I use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper?

While aluminum foil can be used as a substitute, parchment paper is recommended for this recipe as it allows the chicken and broccoli to cook evenly and prevents sticking.

3. Do I need to grease the parchment paper before placing the Chicken Broccoli Braid on it?

No, greasing the parchment paper is not necessary as the paper has a non-stick coating. However, if you prefer, you can lightly spray the paper with cooking spray.

4. How long should I bake the Chicken Broccoli Braid for?

The baking time for the Chicken Broccoli Braid is approximately 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 375°F. Make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure it is fully cooked before serving.

5. Can I use frozen chicken and broccoli for this recipe?

It is recommended to use fresh chicken and broccoli for best results. However, if using frozen ingredients, make sure to thaw them completely before assembling and baking the braid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
  • PamperedSheep