• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make a 1 Egg Omelet in a Prep Bowl - Tips for the Busy Parent!

I'll take them off your hands!!!In summary, the conversation discusses a tip for making a one egg omelet in a prep bowl using a microwave. Other uses for prep bowls are also mentioned, such as making individual servings of Jello or pudding, snipping fresh herbs with kitchen shears, and using them for portion control for diets. They can also be used for melting butter, storing leftovers, and preparing food in advance for parties or shows. The conversation ends with someone regretting giving away their prep bowls and others expressing interest in using them.
speedychef said:
Does this cookie bowl thing work with regular old chocolate chip cookie dough?! I'm having dinner guests and this would be a REALLY impressive dessert!

bed you can grease saran wrap that you have pressed tightly around bowls backside and dip into chocolate? Of course you can use little balloons too and that would be easier to hold?

I tried the omelets over the weekend, and they ROCK!

Then I tried the "poached" egg today. I think you must have to use the lid or cover with plastic because it EXPLODED all over my microwave. Because I'm a little crazy, I let it continue cooking after the explosion and it turned out really yummy -- just very messy!

Last night I did the chicken pot pies. They were good, and looked really cute! I just used a bag of frozen veggies, cream of chx soup, can of water and topped with a biscuit, baked 20 min. YUM! Someone else posted that here earlier on. I love this thread!!

Try poking the yolk with a toothpick once or twice. My husband makes these all of the time and never has a problem.

If you put some cake batter in several of the bowls and bake, then turn them out upside down and line them up, frost and cover with colored coconut you have a great fuzzy caterpillar cake *grin* Its cute!;)

WOW!! I'm impressed:)That's really cool, thanks for posting it. I'm going to try it with my sister

I read this on another thread somewhere.... so I am giving 1 bowl to my May Hosts and filling with pink kisses and wrapping with translucent cello wrap and giving them as my special thank you gifts for hosts and HWC collectors.

I'm one of those "looks like a tornado just hit" cooks! My tiny kitchen looks like a disaster area when I'm only half way through! But if I pretend I'm Julia Child and measure everything out into prep bowls FIRST --and put away all the jars and boxes etc.... WHAT a difference! I also don't forget the salt!

heat123 said:
I read this on another thread somewhere.... so I am giving 1 bowl to my May Hosts and filling with pink kisses and wrapping with translucent cello wrap and giving them as my special thank you gifts for hosts and HWC collectors.
I got chocolate molds in teh shape of the awareness ribbons. i'm getting the pink chocolate wafers from ACMoore and making these, and presenting them in the prep bowls as suggested. :D Very cheap - a pound of chocolate wafers is only $1.79 and makes probably 6 dozen at least!

Where did you find the ribbon mold?

I got the ribbon mold off of ebay. With shipping I think I paid $3! Just go to www.ebay.com and search ribbon candy mold and a bunch of cool (cheap) things will come up, including soap molds, too!

Her'es the ebay store I used. She shipped FAST and packaged it beautifully. I ordered a few other molds for my daughter's bday party next month. For 3 molds she only charged me $3.50 in shipping. :) Btw, I don't know her personally, lol!!!

http://stores.ebay.com/Candy-Molds-and-Supplies-Unlimited

I separate the small garlic cloves from the large clove and keep them on my stove in the Prep Bowl. That way it's easier to use fresh garlic when cooking without having to deal with the mess of the garlic skins getting everywhere. I cross sell this with the garlic press.

I separate the small garlic cloves from the large clove and keep them on my stove in the Prep Bowl. That way it's easier to use fresh garlic when cooking without having to deal with the mess of the garlic skins getting everywhere. I cross sell this with the garlic press.

I love the Prep Bowls! We frosted Christmas cut out cookies, tonight. I separated the frosting into four different bowls. A couple of the colors were very dark, and I was worried that when putting the lids on the color would stain. So, I just put wax paper over the bowl before putting the lid on top.

This morning I stirred up an egg inside of one bowl, and then I sprayed another bowl with olive oil and poured the stirred up egg inside. I cooked it on medium heat in the microwave for one minute for a fast scrambled egg for my son.

I may need another set. All the bowls are either dirty or holding food in the frig.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these bowls! :) :) :)

I have to tell you these little bowls are tough. I came home from a show the other day and when I opened the back of my suburban, one of the bowls fell out and hit the driveway and then bounced a couple of times. I thought well there goes that one. Nope. not a chip or scratch on it.

Prep Bowl Lava CakesAttached is a recipe for Prep Bowl Lava Cakes - I haven't tried it but sounds really yummy!!!

Attachments

• Prep Bowl Lava Cakes.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 708
Here is another useI found these recipes and they make great "fillers" for the prep bowls to be given as gifts in sets of one, two, three or just fill them all and give them in the box they come in!

Attachments

• Prep Bowl Gift Set Recipes.doc
    1.7 MB · Views: 682
heat123 said:

I like to fill one of these with M&Ms or chocolate kisses and a bow - and use them for that "pass the gift" while asking me questions about my job game I know when I've given them one, they'll want to call me later to buy the entire set! Who doesn't love them?

My recent new uses for these are... I put my kosher salt in one by the stove so I can sprinkle on whim (kosher salt is great to season with ~ doesn't dry meats/fish).

I keep one in my car for my pooch. I've tried them all (tupperware, containers meant for dogs); our prep bowl is the only one that doesn't leak!

I get my kids to eat alot more salads when I set it up as a salad bar, keeping separate ingredients in the prep bowls. They go back for seconds and thirds. Same thing when making tacos. Leftovers get the seal and go in the fridge.

I do them for a very elite group of 7 year olds who are extremely spoiled---they ask for hot brownie sundays---with vanilla ice cream----CUTE HUH--Lots of mad parents when they are wondering what there lil ones are asking about----DID YOU REALLY SERVE THEM WARM BROWNIES AND ICE CREAM YESTERDAY-----or are they dreaming???? they order them soon after---

I loved using the batter bowl to do an over the hill cake. Chocolate chunks to look like rocks and at the top a "RIP" headstone. Great for a party in geezerville. Hey, sorry this is a thread for prep cups... little brain dead today. How about prep cups for easter egg colors?

Last edited:
ok i have to tell this story, on two occasions i used my 2 prep bowls to put ranch dressing in one and i put cottage cheese in the other one, well hubby left them at work,these were left there for about probably 2 weeks AARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! so one day while at his work i told him to go in the kitchen and get them for me, well when he handed them to me they both were still full, i was so mad because i knew i would be the one to have to come and and clean them, so i went to open them and dump them out just waiting for that gross smell, i just knew these were science projects in the making, well i couldn't believe it both looked just like the day i put the stuff in the bowls, and the dressing smelled like dressing and there was no smell to the cottage cheese i was so surprised. just goes to show these are some really great products just as everything pampered chef is.

great story! thanks for sharing. :)

The individual pudding sizes are also great for people on weight watchers!! Much easier to not take too large of a portion if it is already portioned out!

Wow, I had never seen this OLD threat before. Glad it was brought back to life. :) It is perfect for portions, especially for those of us who tend to over do it with the desserts.

Microwaving brownie batter in the prep bowls works awesome!

Also, when I'm running late in the morning, I scramble 1 egg in a prep bowl. I do not add any cheese or anything else to it. Microwave 40 seconds & it's perfect! So that the egg does not stick so much to the prep bowl, it does help to briefly rinse the prep bowl with water b4 scrambling the egg in it.

I see references to microwaving brownies but don't see time. Can you help with what you do?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksmedic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • atpchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies