• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Make Personalized Ice Cream Cakes in Prep Bowls?

In summary, Carolyn shared a recipe for personalized ice cream cakes in prep bowls that she adapted from the "I Scream for Ice Cream" cake recipe in the Kids in the Kitchen Cookbook. She used Oreos, butter, and two different flavors of ice cream to create individual ice cream cakes in the prep bowls. She also mentioned that she wished she could attend Carolyn's shows and potentially see her do a live kitchen show at a conference.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
This came down the pike from Julie Kobie in PA

I have been selling the Prep Bowls like crazy ... and eager for a full July with the Pinch Bowl specials....

Here's one suggestion I have offered to my customers:

Our family just loves the "I Scream for Ice Cream" cake recipe from our Kids in the Kitchen Cookbook. When caught with a time shortage on Friday, I adapted the recipe and created individual ice cream cakes in the Prep Bowls. They were a big hit!!

PERSONALIZED ICE CREAM CAKES in PREP BOWLS
For each serving, you need:

3 Oreo cookies

1 teas. butter (melted)

3-4 scoops of your favorite ice cream flavors (2 different kinds is best)

small candy bars, optional

Finely chop all Oreo cookies using Food Chopper. Melt Butter in small batter bowl; add cookie crumbs and mix well. Scoop first flavor of ice cream into Large Batter Bowl; mix until smooth and spread-able (may add chopped up candy bars to this layer). Using the ice cream dipper, scoop 1-2 scoops into a prep bowl; using the back part of the ice cream dipper spoon to spread smoothly. Add a Tablespoon of Oreo Cookie Crumbs, pressing lightly into the ice cream to cover. Set in freezer for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, finish remaining Prep Bowl cakes and put in freezer asap. Repeat with second flavor of ice cream; and top with remaining oreo cookie crumbs. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Enjoy! May be frozen longer -- store with lids on if in the freezer for more than 1 hour. We used vanilla ice cream mixed with Chunks of PB Cups for our first layer, and chocolate for our second layer. With all the flavors available, the possibilities are endless! Enjoy! :)

Just wanted to share.

Oh - yum! I really want one now... darn you, Carolyn!

Me too! It is so HOT and HUMID here, that would hit the spot! Thanks for sharing, I'll will definately make them with the kids :)

dannyzmom said:
This came down the pike from Julie Kobie in PA

I have been selling the Prep Bowls like crazy ... and eager for a full July with the Pinch Bowl specials....

Here's one suggestion I have offered to my customers:

Our family just loves the "I Scream for Ice Cream" cake recipe from our Kids in the Kitchen Cookbook. When caught with a time shortage on Friday, I adapted the recipe and created individual ice cream cakes in the Prep Bowls. They were a big hit!!

CAROLYN ~ We don't sell this anymore though, do we?
This is such a cute and great idea! I have a show on Monday night, and it's suppossed to be 98 with thunderstorms, so that means REALLY FLIPPIN HUMID!!! So, maybe this would be a great idea!:thumbup::balloon: I'm waiting for her to call me back so that we can plan the menu!! I wish I could see one of your shows, Carolyn, I just know you are a blast!!:D;)

MissChef said:
This is such a cute and great idea! I have a show on Monday night, and it's suppossed to be 98 with thunderstorms, so that means REALLY FLIPPIN HUMID!!! So, maybe this would be a great idea!:thumbup::balloon: I'm waiting for her to call me back so that we can plan the menu!! I wish I could see one of your shows, Carolyn, I just know you are a blast!!:D;)

No, that cookbooks has been retired but we can still share the recipe!
Cathy - any time you want to come down to sit in on one of my shows, just let me know!!! I'd be THRILLED to have you with me!:chef:

I'll have to remember that! Hey, if you ever get asked to do a kitchen show live at conference, you had better let me know when, because I just might fly in early or stay later, just to see it! LOL! Or hopefully one day we'll be in the same wave!:chef:
Gosh, I wish I lived closer, but I am truely farther than many are from you! WA is a long way away!:(

MissChef said:
I'll have to remember that! Hey, if you ever get asked to do a kitchen show live at conference, you had better let me know when, because I just might fly in early or stay later, just to see it! LOL! Or hopefully one day we'll be in the same wave!:chef:
Gosh, I wish I lived closer, but I am truely farther than many are from you! WA is a long way away!:(

OMG - I couldn't imagine doing a KSL at NC. I'd have a panic attack!!!
They tell you what recipe to do. I have to practice a recipe like 45,000 times before I'd feel comfy enough to do it in front of several hundred peers...yikes!:eek:

Dang! These sound great.

These sound great! Thanks for the recipe.

How easy are they to get out of the prep bowl for serving? Do you think you need to line them with plastic wrap?

I bet they'd be really good with Chocolate Fudge Sauce drizzled over the top too! Or even that Magic Shell stuff.

What a fun and cool idea! (ha, another play on words) My daughter would soooo love these, and so would my hubby. I wonder if there's a way to mix in something with the cookie layer so it would fudgey like, like DQ does theirs. Hmmmm, ideas??

to get the fudgey concept use the technique they use for the ice cream cake recipe we have.
1 small box of chocolate pudding, 1 cup of milk, and cool whip (I think about 1/2 of a 12 oz. tub...mix together...will be thick..then add some chopped up oreos. This is the filling. When it freezes it tastes just like DQ's center.

Thanks Karlene! I am going to do some of these for my DS. My granny also loves DQ's ice cream cakes, but even the small ones are too big. This will be a great way for me to make some for her too.

Whoa! What a great thread. It would be an awesome idea for a kids summer party or a playdate, scout meetings, etc. You could combine it with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker.

dannyzmom said:
OMG - I couldn't imagine doing a KSL at NC. I'd have a panic attack!!!
They tell you what recipe to do. I have to practice a recipe like 45,000 times before I'd feel comfy enough to do it in front of several hundred peers...yikes!:eek:

I know what you mean exactly! I don't even like to demo at our TEAM meeting. How do you think I felt when I had to speak in front of almost 200 at NC last year! OMG!!!:eek:

The recipe sounds wonderful but with timing and all do you really have time to let them freeze for an hour?

I made these for dessert today - yummo!

I made some with chocolate and vanilla ice crean and some with Tiramisu ice cream (bought that one by mistake, thought I was buying mocha chip... :( .) They were delish! I put the crumbled oreos in the center along with some choc fudge sauce and then drizzeld them with Chocolate Fudge Magic Shell when I plated them. Very good!

MissChef said:

You could also do a Cold Stone show...or a make your own sundae show!!

YUMMY!!! I definately will be trying these!! I'm thinking the vanilla ice cream, PB cups & caramel sauce with some of the cookie crumbs!! I wish we lived closer to a grocery store! I'd be on my way now!!! :D

Thanks for sharing!!

What is a Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake?

A Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that combines layers of ice cream, cake, and toppings in a small bowl for individual servings. It is perfect for parties, gatherings, or any time you want to indulge in a sweet treat.

What ingredients do I need to make a Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake?

The ingredients for a Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake can vary depending on your preferences, but some common ones include ice cream, cake mix, toppings such as chocolate chips or sprinkles, and any additional decorations you may want to add.

Do I need any special equipment to make a Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make a Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake. However, having a small bowl and an ice cream scoop can make the process easier and more efficient.

How long does it take to make a Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake?

The time it takes to make a Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake can vary depending on the recipe and your preparation skills. Generally, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to assemble and freeze the cake.

Can I customize my Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake?

Yes, you can absolutely customize your Prep Bowl Ice Cream Cake to suit your preferences. You can choose your favorite flavors of ice cream and cake, as well as add any toppings or decorations that you like. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • CindysPChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • DebPC