• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Cake Mix: How Many Cakes Can You Make?

In summary, the number of cakes you can make with one cake mix depends on the size and type of cake you are making. You can also make multiple cakes at a time with one cake mix by adjusting the recipe and baking time. Different flavors of cake mix can also be used to make multiple cakes, and leftover cake mix can be stored in an airtight container or frozen for later use.
jnsr96
Anyone know how many cakes I can get out of one box of cake mix using the prep bowls?

I think you can get 12 1-cup prep bowl cakes.

cathyskitchen said:
I think you can get 12 1-cup prep bowl cakes.

That would be my guess, too. The lemon cakes and choc/pecan cakes each called for a 9-oz mix and yielded 6 prep bowl cakes. So an 18-oz should make double...

1. How many cakes can I make with one cake mix?

The number of cakes you can make with one cake mix depends on the size and type of cake you are making. A standard cake mix typically makes one 9-inch round cake or one 9x13-inch sheet cake. However, you can also use the mix to make cupcakes, which will yield a larger quantity.

2. Can I make more than one cake at a time with one cake mix?

Yes, you can make multiple cakes at a time with one cake mix. If you have a large enough pan or multiple smaller pans, you can double or triple the recipe to make more cakes. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. Can I use different flavors of cake mix to make multiple cakes?

Yes, you can use different flavors of cake mix to make multiple cakes. This is a great way to offer variety at events or parties. You can also mix and match flavors to create unique combinations.

4. How should I store leftover cake mix?

If you have leftover cake mix, it is best to store it in an airtight container or resealable bag. Keep it in a cool, dry place and use it within 3-4 months for best results. Be sure to check the expiration date on the package before using.

5. Can I freeze cake mix for later use?

Yes, you can freeze cake mix for later use. Just make sure to transfer it to an airtight container or resealable bag before freezing. When you're ready to use it, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using. You may need to adjust the baking time slightly since the mix may be slightly chilled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
anoelle
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jeans Garden