• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preheat or Not on Stoneware?

In summary, it is recommended to preheat your stoneware before use for 10-15 minutes in a conventional oven. It should not be preheated in the microwave and it is best to preheat it before each use for even cooking and best results. Forgetting to preheat may result in longer cooking time and unevenly cooked food.
missymssy
When using stoneware in oven, is it safe to preheat the oven? I know many people do, but I heard the stone can crack going to a high temp so quickly. So........what's best?

Yeah I've done it for years, in general no issue. The only time it's a problem is if you preheat and then throw a frozen rising crust pizza on it.

Don't set a regular frozen pizza on the stone (in essence "chilling it") while you are preheating the oven. I always tell my customers to wait for the oven to preheat and THEN put the pizza on the stone just before it goes in to bake.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I can assure you that it is safe to preheat your oven when using stoneware. Our stoneware is designed to withstand high temperatures and rapid changes in temperature. However, to ensure the longevity of your stoneware, we recommend placing it in a cold oven and allowing it to heat up gradually with the oven. This will help prevent any potential cracks. Happy cooking!

1. Should I preheat my stoneware before use?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your stoneware before use. This helps to evenly distribute heat and prevent food from sticking to the surface.

2. How long should I preheat my stoneware?

It is recommended to preheat your stoneware for 10-15 minutes before adding food.

3. Can I preheat my stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware should not be preheated in the microwave. It is designed to be preheated in a conventional oven only.

4. Do I need to preheat my stoneware every time I use it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your stoneware before each use. This ensures that it is heated evenly and ready to cook your food properly.

5. What happens if I forget to preheat my stoneware?

If you forget to preheat your stoneware, it may take longer for your food to cook and may not cook evenly. It is best to always preheat your stoneware for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sarah102486
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • MaryannNic