• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Attending a Conference While Pregnant: Stories and Advice

In summary, the conversation is about a pregnant woman who is considering attending a conference while being a surrogate for a friend. She is concerned about the challenges of being pregnant with twins and the amount of walking involved at the conference. Others share their experiences and offer advice, with some suggesting she consult with her doctor and the biological parents before making a decision. They also mention the possibility of using power chairs and bringing snacks and water for comfort.
supergirljennie
I'm just wondering how conference was for you cheffers out there who have gone while pregnant. How pregnant were you? Any challenges?

I need to decide soon if I'm going. I'm a surrogate for a friend, and it's twins. I'm very short, and without much torso I started growing out very quickly. I'm concerned about being exhausted and uncomfortable for 3 days straight. I'll be 27 weeks during conference (which is like 80 with twins).

Any stories or advice would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

WOW! How awesome of you to be a surrogate! THough I haven't been to conference being pregnant, I wish you much luck going!!!

Congrats!!:D

From what you said, I would think long and hard about going. It is a HUGE amount of walking (some people had pedometers last year, and it was CRAZY the numbers they were posting each day).

I went barely pregnant last year, and my Director was about 5 months. She was exhausted. Had a blast, but exhausted. My concern for you is having twins, you will tend to be more prone to problems. It's do-able, and I know they have power chairs available at the convention center, but I don't know what's involved in getting one.

It's really gotta be a judgement call for you. How has the pregnancy been so far? Any complications? What does your doctor say, and the biological parents? I would want their input in a situation like this.

BTW, congratulations, and thank you for helping your friend. I'm sure it's a sacrifice, but I also know it must be a joy!

Will you be flying? I Know with a regular pregnancy the dr.s say not to fly after 32 weeks I didnt go last yr cause I was 36 weeks preggo and my Director saod they do a ton of walking as eveyone else stated. Good luck with this pregnancy and it is awsome what you are doing for your friend

Good luck with the pregnancy & how great of you to be a surrogate!

I'll also be 27 weeks at conference (what are the odds?), but this is a single baby. I went last year & there was a lot of walking, but if you are used to walking, probably not a big deal. My thought is sharing a bed--I'm already feeling bad for the one who has to share a bed with me & I'm not having twins! I'm planning on packing a lot of water & snacks. I may also bring a backpack instead of using the bag we get so that I can keep my balance better.

Well here is my experience from when l went in 2005 being 6-7 months pregnant would have not gone had I not been walking across stage as a Director.
Was alot of walking and I was put on bed rest after I got back, not saying that is what caused it but it was alot for me not to mention almost getting run over by a taxi while I was getting in.
I don't regret going but diffently be prepared and wear something comfortable.

Last edited:

What are the dates and location of the Pregnancy and Conference event?

The Pregnancy and Conference event will take place from June 15th-17th at the Pampered Chef headquarters in Addison, Illinois.

Is this event open to the public or just Pampered Chef consultants?

This event is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, as well as their guests who are also pregnant or currently trying to conceive.

What can attendees expect to learn at the Pregnancy and Conference event?

Attendees can expect to learn about the importance of proper nutrition during pregnancy, tips for balancing work and pregnancy, and how to effectively share the Pampered Chef opportunity with other expectant mothers.

Will there be any hands-on cooking demonstrations at the Pregnancy and Conference event?

Yes, there will be hands-on cooking demonstrations featuring delicious and healthy recipes that are perfect for pregnant or nursing moms.

Are there any special accommodations for pregnant attendees at the Pregnancy and Conference event?

Yes, we will have designated seating in comfortable chairs, as well as frequent breaks and snacks to ensure the comfort and well-being of our pregnant attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Leigh0725
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Leigh0725
  • dianevill
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pcchris
  • Kevin Ranoldo