1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Prayers please...

1. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

I am heartbroken tonight for a friend of mine going through a terrible ordeal. She is early in her second trimester with her pregnancy and has had non-stop complications. She was put on bedrest early on because the pregnancy was high-risk to start with (her son is 2 and was born after four previous pregnancies resulted in miscarriage). Unfortunately she is the primary full-time worker in her home, and her husband has not been able to find much work with the economy in its current state, so she had to continue working full-time to keep them covered with health insurance.

Fast forward to now...today I got an email from her telling me that the most recent ultrasound shows a terrible defect with some of the baby's internal organs...with the current complications he only has a 5% survival rate and most likely will not survive to be full-term. For the record, it wasn't the lack of bedrest that caused the defect. Right now she is around 14 weeks. They are going to do an amnio on Monday to determine the severity level of the defect and see if he's in the 5% window that would allow for major corrective surgery...she told me she's holding out hope for that 5%. I think she knows the chances are slim and is just having so much trouble dealing with it...crying all the time, not able to sleep...and who can blame her.

Basically I would just like to ask for prayers for her, and her family, that they will have the strength to endure whatever happens next. I am hoping for the best for them but mentally preparing myself for the worst...sadly the baby will not live much longer if the defect is as progressed as the doctors believe. Thank you in advance for your prayers...I know that God does listen to prayers, even if the outcome isn't always what we wish it would be.

Apr 16, 2009
  2. DebbieSAChef

DebbieSAChef Senior Member

I will be praying for your friend. No miracle is impossible for the Lord!

Debbie :(

Apr 16, 2009
  3. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

I'm praying for them. Remember to tell her many times the Dr.'s are wrong - they are only human. Plus like Debbie said no miracle is impossible for the Lord!

4. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

I'll be praying, too.

5. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

I'll say an extra prayers for this mother & her family..

Apr 16, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm praying.

Just remember that doctors don't know everything. There is a young couple at our church who were told that their baby could not survive. The doctor sent her home to wait for the baby to die and scheduled a D&C for 3 weeks later. The baby was born Jan 22, which was 14 weeks early. He's had some struggles, but he's getting stronger every day.

Apr 17, 2009
  7. brendaivette

brendaivette Member

She is in my prayers...............and remember The LORD is in control..................

Apr 17, 2009
  8. twinchefs

twinchefs Advanced Member Gold Member

Sending prayers too.

Apr 17, 2009
  9. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

Sending prayers and hoping they have FAITH to carry them thru the days to come

Apr 17, 2009
  10. ~*Heather*~

~*Heather*~ Member

Sending my prayers and thoughts.Hoping everything ends up alright

Apr 17, 2009
  11. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

More prayers coming!

Apr 17, 2009
  12. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

Update: The baby is due sometime in October! The amnio results weren't the greatest, but they went through several additional rounds of testing, and while they aren't out of the woods yet, the pregnancy has continued. I truly believe in miracles and I really believe this child is a miracle baby. I got an email from her last week saying that they are officially announcing to others that they are pregnant (she was scared to tell too many people because they didn't know if the baby would make it). And I spoke with her a couple of nights ago...turns out the defect is still a possibility. At least one of his kidney's is functioning normally...they won't know the status of the other until he is delivered. The road is still going to be an uphill battle, but with prayer warriors like you all on her side I know she'll pull through and have another happy, healthy son. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for her and her family...I know she is very grateful!!!

May 28, 2009
  13. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

I will pray for all of them.

May 28, 2009
  14. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Praying..............

15. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

I'm praying too - my God protect them all.

16. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

God, touch that child, heal completey to your honor and glory. Give strength and courage and perseverense to the family and just pour out your love and spirit... Jesus, hug them tightly for all of us. This fear, this unknown, tugs at the hearts of every woman and tears flow but prayers ascend more mightily. Bless them Jesus, touch and heal. Amen

May 28, 2009
  17. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I second that Diane!!

18. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

That's some better news...there is still plenty of time for God to heal and the baby to grow.

I have a friend who is in her 30's now and her dad recently told of her ordeal. She was born with many of her organs OUTSIDE her body. Her stomach, intestines, and much more. She was delivered and immediately had corrective surgery to place them back in. She was told it was doubtful she'd ever have kids or survive childbirth. She almost died with #2, but has 2 beautiful little girls. God works miracles when we think it can't be done.

May 29, 2009
  19. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Definition of a Miracle!

May 29, 2009
  20. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

Sending Prayers!!!!!

May 29, 2009
Have something to add?