• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Can You Help Support My Mom's Hospice Project?

In summary, Noora's mother is meeting with leaders of the Social and Health Care District to try and convince them that her hospice is a better option than the hospitals. If the meeting goes well, she may start receiving referrals.
NooraK
Gold Member
I wanted to ask some help from all of you wonderful Cheffers, because I know that if anyone can do it, you can.

My mom embarked on a journey to open a hospice in her hometown several years ago, and last September they were finally able to open the doors. Unfortunately, they have not had any patients sent to them by the local Social and Health Care District (I don't want to start any discussions about the pros and cons of socialized medicine, this is just the way it is where she is).

She has a meeting with the leaders of the district tomorrow, Friday March 23rd at 9:30 AM local time (3:30 AM EDT), and they've been allotted 10-15 minutes to make a presentation. It is extremely important for them to be able to convince these leaders that they are able to provide better palliative care than the hospitals (which they are), without any extra expense, because they cannot continue to operate much longer without receiving business from the Social and Health Care District.

This is very much a calling for my mom, she hated seeing her father stuck in a hospital at the end of his life when she knew he didn't want to be there, but there was no other choice. She has invested years of her blood, sweat, and tears into this project.

Any prayers, or even good vibes, you could send her way would be greatly appreciated.

Noora,
You've got my prayers for your mom and her dreams of helping others!! Hospice homes are such a wonderful blessings to those who need them!! God bless your mom for doing such a wonderful thing! Hopefully she can open others eyes to what an opportunity and benefit she's offering not only to the patients but their families also.

Lisa

Wow - what an incredibly wonderful & selfless gift your mom is giving to her community. I'll be praying Noora!

Thank you, ladies. She's fighting the good fight for those who can't do it for themselves. The patients who deserve the level of care they provide are too exhausted to fight, and may not even know there is a better option. They certainly aren't going to come back later and complain about the care they received. The families of these patients are too exhausted from all that goes into taking care of a loved one needing hospice care.

Your mom is a very special person and a desire to help others in such a way. I will be praying that she will convey that during the meeting and get their support.

Is she marketing to the Social Workers for each hospital in the area? They are the ones who help the families find alternative places to go. If not, she definitely needs to go introduce herself to them too! :DHopefully the meeting will go well for her & she'll start getting some referrals. (((Hugs))) to her!

I will pray! We put our mom in hospice last year and I am so glad we did! Not only did they take care of her but they took care of us, made sure we were aware of what was going on, where there when we had questions, etc. It made the whole thing a lot easier knowing that they were use to what was going on, how we were feeling, etc. I have nothing but great appreciation for anybody in that field. It can't be easy!! They even followed up with our family a couple weeks afterwards to see how we were doing.

Praying for your mom and her calling.

Sheila said:
Is she marketing to the Social Workers for each hospital in the area? They are the ones who help the families find alternative places to go. If not, she definitely needs to go introduce herself to them too! :D

Hopefully the meeting will go well for her & she'll start getting some referrals. (((Hugs))) to her!

Noora's Mom is in Finland - not sure if the system works like that there...

Sheila said:
Is she marketing to the Social Workers for each hospital in the area? They are the ones who help the families find alternative places to go. If not, she definitely needs to go introduce herself to them too! :D

Hopefully the meeting will go well for her & she'll start getting some referrals. (((Hugs))) to her!

ChefBeckyD said:
Noora's Mom is in Finland - not sure if the system works like that there...

Right. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. If the doctor doesn't write orders for the patient to come to my mom, they have to pay out of pocket if they wish to use their facility, and most people can't afford it. And the doctor won't write the orders if the Social and Health Care District hasn't approved them as a service provider.

The most frustrating thing has been that she thought it had been all agreed on and straightened out before they opened their doors in September, but so far they haven't had but one self-pay customer, and even she was there for physical therapy, not hospice care.

Just talked to my mom. She says she feels the meeting went well, and they have only received positive feedback so far. No signatures on paper, so it's not all said and done, but she feels good about it all.

Thank you all for your support!

Glad to hear that the meeting went well. I really hope things work out for her. :)

1. How can I incorporate prayers into my mom's meeting?

You can start the meeting with a moment of silence for prayer or have a designated time during the meeting for prayer. You can also ask for volunteers to lead the prayer or rotate this responsibility among the attendees.

2. What types of prayers should I include?

The prayers can be tailored to the specific needs and intentions of the group. They can include prayers for guidance, strength, gratitude, and intentions for loved ones. You can also include traditional prayers or use prayer cards as a guide.

3. Can I use different prayer formats?

Yes, you can use different prayer formats such as group prayers, silent prayers, or guided prayers. You can also ask for specific intentions from the group and have individuals lead the prayer for that intention.

4. How often should I include prayers in my mom's meetings?

It is up to the discretion of the group and the purpose of the meeting. Some groups may choose to include prayers at every meeting, while others may only include them on special occasions or when there is a specific need for prayer.

5. What if some members are not comfortable with praying?

It is important to respect the beliefs and comfort levels of all members. You can offer a moment of silence for those who do not wish to participate in the prayer or provide alternative options such as reflection or meditation. It is also important to communicate and discuss with the group to find a suitable solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • ChefBeckyD