• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Prayers Help Ease My Daughter's Fear of Wisdom Teeth Removal?

My daughter had her wisdom teeth taken out at 16 and she was amazing. She was so brave and I was so proud of her. I told her that she just found out how strong she can be.
chefpenny99
Gold Member
My 16 yr. old daughter is having all four wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow morning (7/6) at 9:15am PST. She is extremely worked up over this and on top of it all she doesn't have the best pain threshold! Please pray that her nerves will be calmed and that I will have the grace and patience to care for her in the way that she needs.

I've prayed for you both. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Will be praying for u also, let her know that my daughter had hers done and if you follow the instructions they give you there will be no problems. Especially with the ice packs really cuts down on bruising. My daughter was eating soft foods 4 hours after she was home. Good luck!!

Prayers for you and her. It's not that bad, I had all 4 of mine removed at 16 too. I was on the couch for a week, but lot's of movies and soft foods made it bearable. Make sure she follows the instructions for cleaning - I didn't and ended up with 2 dry sockets - ouch! Use me to motivate her - LOL
Oh and remind her she will be soooo glad she did this now and got them all at once!

Good luck! Tell her it's much easier to have this done as a kid - I had mine out when I was 18 - no problems - eating soft food within hours. My husband had them in his 30's - big time pain for him - I really think the younger you are the better it is!

I too have a low pain tolerance and had all 4 removed when I was 16. I made sure that they knocked me out, didn't even give the doctor a choice. They did give some pain medication which helped alot. I pretty much slept for two days!

Will they give her "goofy gas" during the procedure? I didn't get knocked completely out, but they gave me the gas, and it helped so much! When my kids need cavities filled even, their dr. uses it to help them relax. Good luck!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers! We're back home and she's resting on the couch. They gave her the "goofy gas" and then once she was relaxed they put her under general anesthesia. She's had her first pain killer so hopefully she'll get soem rest and then feel like eating.

We're praying for a quick recovery and no dry socket!!!

When I had mine done, I was 20. My mom took care of me then, too, b/c my ex was worthless. Anyway, mom made me the best mashed potato soup. It tasted so good, was filling & didn't hurt to eat!

My son lived for two days on Sprite and Popsicles.

My dtr-in-law had hers out today at 35! All 4. I watch their 3 boys daily, so they are now back home for dinner. Hopefully everyone will have an easy night --- my DIL and your DTR, and you, of course, Penny.

Just checking in... My daughter is doing fine. The pain killers they gave her a doing their job and so far the swelling doesn't look too bad. I'm praising God for all of the prayers because I'm sure that helpedher stay as calm as she did. (Even though she wasn't aware of the prayers going up for her, I was.)

My 11 year old had 3 perm teeth pulled last week due to over-crowding. She was amazing and I told her that she just found out how strong she can be. I could see a little light go on. Take this opportunity to remind your daughter how strong and brave she was, I don't know if girls get told that enough!!

pjpamchef said:
My 11 year old had 3 perm teeth pulled last week due to over-crowding. She was amazing and I told her that she just found out how strong she can be. I could see a little light go on. Take this opportunity to remind your daughter how strong and brave she was, I don't know if girls get told that enough!!

THAT is so true!!

What is the purpose of "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)"?

The purpose of "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" is to provide a collection of prayers that mothers can use to pray for their daughters and themselves. These prayers cover a variety of topics including protection, guidance, and strength.

Who wrote "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)"?

"Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" was written by Pamela S. Kennedy, a Christian author and speaker who is passionate about encouraging and equipping parents to pray for their children.

Are the prayers in "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" specific to certain ages?

No, the prayers in "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" are not specific to certain ages. They can be used for daughters of all ages, from newborns to adult children.

Can I use "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" if I am not religious?

Yes, "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" can be used by anyone, regardless of their religious beliefs. The prayers are written from a Christian perspective, but the themes of love, protection, and guidance are universal and can be adapted to fit any belief system.

How can I incorporate "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" into my daily routine?

There are many ways to incorporate "Prayers for My Daughter (& Me)" into your daily routine. You can set aside a specific time each day to pray these prayers, or you can incorporate them into your existing prayer routine. You can also use the prayers as a guide and personalize them to fit your specific needs and situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • chefsara
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies