1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Prayers for my 4yo DS please!

1. khergatt

khergatt Member

DS is a typical 4 yo boy. He is normally running, playing, laughing, etc.

He has been having HORRIBLE headaches. They even wake him up at night. He just holds his head and screams and cries. I am so scared for him.

He has an appointment to see a pediatric neurologist, but they can not get him in for 6 weeks. I am going to call his regular doc today as soon as they open, though. Last night, he would "space out." He would stare at the wall and you couldn't even talk to him. I noticed this about 3 or 4 different times. My husband (his dad) noticed, too. His Wednesday night teacher at church made a comment about it, too. Then you can talk to him, but he just doesn't seem to comprehend what you are saying. It is very weird behavior for him!

Please say a prayer for Sammy (and for me!). I don't want to see him hurting!!

Thanks!

Mar 19, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Wow Kristy - headaches like that in a 4 yr old, and they won't see him any sooner?

I will be praying, most definitely, poor little guy - but I also think I'd be on the phone with the DR's office like a dog with a bone. Don't give in to their scheduling - keep at them until they will get him in QUICKLY!

If nothing else, take him into Emergency - then they have to see him!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    Mar 19, 2009
  3. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

next time he gets one, take him to the ER! Let them see how bad it is for him.

Mar 19, 2009
  4. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Definitely to the ER! Get in touch with him pediatrician and they can probably make the call to the neurologist office to get him in sooner.

Mar 19, 2009
  5. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I'd go to the ER and then I'd find a new Dr.

Mar 19, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Prayed for your little guy and for you.

Mar 19, 2009
  7. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Praying for you both!

8. Kristy--Wow...after reading your first sentence my first thought was get him to a neurologist RIGHT AWAY!!! When I read the next part about 6 weeks I thought "WHAT??!!" At that point I would take him to his ped. and not wait for another episode. They should make the call so he can be seen immediately! You do not want to wait!!! I will be praying for him and your family. Please don't hesitate.

9. khergatt

khergatt Member

My pediatrician got us in with a six week wait. When I called, it was July before he could be seen!!

OK, the ped just called me back. They are going to call the neurologist again and tell them about the new symptoms. She is going to get him in SOMEWHERE sooner.

Keep praying, please!

Mar 19, 2009
  10. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

We will definitely keep praying. Please keep us updated.

Mar 19, 2009
  11. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Oh how scary! Poor little guy! I hope they can see him soon and figure out what's wrong! Please keep us posted on things. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mar 19, 2009
  12. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

We will be praying, praying...

Mar 19, 2009
  13. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

My prayers are with you all I hope you little Sammy gets comfort from his headaches soon. There are so few Pediatric Neurologist it makes it so hard to get in to there appointment books.

Mar 19, 2009
  14. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'll keep praying - I'm praying that someone will see him TODAY!

Mar 19, 2009
  15. PCCHeather0506

PCCHeather0506 Member Silver Member

That is crazy they expect you to wait 6 weeks! If something doesn't change I'd definitely take him to the ER. That doesn't sound right in a 4yo! I'll be praying you get some answers soon and that he'll be ok! Keep us posted!!

16. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

Prayers coming your way- is there another ped. neurologist that is close that you may be able to get in sooner?

Mar 19, 2009
  17. Oh, Kristy... I feel your frustration with the doctors... My DS has M.D. and it can be very frustrating! But it is true about the squeaky wheel getting oiled. You just have to keep after them. The ER suggestion is also a very good one. If nothing else it might help ease both you and your son to get some kind of peace of mind and maybe a few answers. Also if he is having issues at the time of the visit (at the er) they can document and maybe see something in a scan as appose to him feeling just fine when you do get in to see the Neurologist. I will be praying for peace, healing and a quicker appointment. Please let us know how things go....

Mar 19, 2009
  18. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

One of my DD's childhood friends used to have epileptic "seizures" where she would space out. It was always best to "sit her down" if she was in motion because she would keep walking. It made me nuts as her brownie/girl scout leader with her. I asked one of her parents to always be with her or another mother just to monitor her...but not obviously. She had headaches too. This could be what it is or something else. Be that squeaky wheel until your dr is tired of hearing from you!

Mar 19, 2009
  19. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Oh my -- be the squeaky wheel -- keep calling the doctor or get a new one to help you out. This doesn't sound like something I'd wait 6 weeks for. Best wishes -- my prayers are with you for a speedy diagnosis and treatment. Poor little guy.

Mar 19, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted