• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is My 4-Year-Old Son Having Terrible Headaches and Strange Behavior?

made...perfect...sense...to...me that DS is having the same thing! Keep up the good work with your detective work!Thanks for commenting. It is really comforting to know that there are others out there that understand what we are going to go through.We are doing all we can, and we will keep you updated.
khergatt
DS is a typical 4 yo boy. He is normally running, playing, laughing, etc.

He has been having HORRIBLE headaches. They even wake him up at night. He just holds his head and screams and cries. I am so scared for him.

He has an appointment to see a pediatric neurologist, but they can not get him in for 6 weeks. I am going to call his regular doc today as soon as they open, though. Last night, he would "space out." He would stare at the wall and you couldn't even talk to him. I noticed this about 3 or 4 different times. My husband (his dad) noticed, too. His Wednesday night teacher at church made a comment about it, too. Then you can talk to him, but he just doesn't seem to comprehend what you are saying. It is very weird behavior for him!

Please say a prayer for Sammy (and for me!). I don't want to see him hurting!!

Thanks!

Wow Kristy - headaches like that in a 4 yr old, and they won't see him any sooner?I will be praying, most definitely, poor little guy - but I also think I'd be on the phone with the DR's office like a dog with a bone. Don't give in to their scheduling - keep at them until they will get him in QUICKLY!If nothing else, take him into Emergency - then they have to see him!

Last edited:
next time he gets one, take him to the ER! Let them see how bad it is for him.

Definitely to the ER! Get in touch with him pediatrician and they can probably make the call to the neurologist office to get him in sooner.

I'd go to the ER and then I'd find a new Dr.

Prayed for your little guy and for you.

Praying for you both!

Kristy--Wow...after reading your first sentence my first thought was get him to a neurologist RIGHT AWAY!!! When I read the next part about 6 weeks I thought "WHAT??!!" At that point I would take him to his ped. and not wait for another episode. They should make the call so he can be seen immediately! You do not want to wait!!! I will be praying for him and your family. Please don't hesitate.

My pediatrician got us in with a six week wait. When I called, it was July before he could be seen!!

OK, the ped just called me back. They are going to call the neurologist again and tell them about the new symptoms. She is going to get him in SOMEWHERE sooner.

Keep praying, please!

We will definitely keep praying. Please keep us updated.

Oh how scary! Poor little guy! I hope they can see him soon and figure out what's wrong! Please keep us posted on things. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

We will be praying, praying...

My prayers are with you all I hope you little Sammy gets comfort from his headaches soon. There are so few Pediatric Neurologist it makes it so hard to get in to there appointment books.

khergatt said:
My pediatrician got us in with a six week wait. When I called, it was July before he could be seen!!

OK, the ped just called me back. They are going to call the neurologist again and tell them about the new symptoms. She is going to get him in SOMEWHERE sooner.

Keep praying, please!

I'll keep praying - I'm praying that someone will see him TODAY!

That is crazy they expect you to wait 6 weeks! If something doesn't change I'd definitely take him to the ER. That doesn't sound right in a 4yo! I'll be praying you get some answers soon and that he'll be ok! Keep us posted!!

Prayers coming your way- is there another ped. neurologist that is close that you may be able to get in sooner?

Oh, Kristy... I feel your frustration with the doctors... My DS has M.D. and it can be very frustrating! But it is true about the squeaky wheel getting oiled. You just have to keep after them. The ER suggestion is also a very good one. If nothing else it might help ease both you and your son to get some kind of peace of mind and maybe a few answers. Also if he is having issues at the time of the visit (at the er) they can document and maybe see something in a scan as appose to him feeling just fine when you do get in to see the Neurologist. I will be praying for peace, healing and a quicker appointment. Please let us know how things go....

One of my DD's childhood friends used to have epileptic "seizures" where she would space out. It was always best to "sit her down" if she was in motion because she would keep walking. It made me nuts as her brownie/girl scout leader with her. I asked one of her parents to always be with her or another mother just to monitor her...but not obviously. She had headaches too. This could be what it is or something else. Be that squeaky wheel until your dr is tired of hearing from you!

Oh my -- be the squeaky wheel -- keep calling the doctor or get a new one to help you out. This doesn't sound like something I'd wait 6 weeks for. Best wishes -- my prayers are with you for a speedy diagnosis and treatment. Poor little guy.

1. Can you recommend any specific prayer books for young children?

Yes, we have a great selection of prayer books specifically geared towards young children. Some popular titles include "A Child's Book of Prayers" and "Prayers for Little Kids". These books are filled with simple and meaningful prayers that are perfect for a 4-year-old.

2. How can I help my 4-year-old understand the concept of prayer?

One way to help your child understand prayer is by teaching them through example. Make prayer a regular part of your daily routine and involve your child in praying together. You can also use child-friendly language and visuals to explain the concept of prayer to them.

3. Are there any specific prayers for children going through difficult times?

Yes, there are many prayers that can provide comfort and strength for children during difficult times. Some examples include the "Serenity Prayer" and the "Prayer of St. Francis". You can also encourage your child to express their own thoughts and feelings through prayer.

4. How can I make prayer more engaging and interesting for my 4-year-old?

One way to make prayer more engaging for young children is by incorporating hands-on activities such as creating prayer jars or making prayer cards. You can also use props or toys to help illustrate the prayers and make them more interactive.

5. Can you suggest any fun and creative ways to incorporate prayer into our daily routine?

Absolutely! You can try praying together before meals or bedtime, creating a gratitude jar where your child can add things they are thankful for and pray about them, or having a special prayer time during family game nights. Get creative and make prayer a fun and meaningful part of your everyday life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies