• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Out a Request for Prayers - Abdominal Hysterectomy Tomorrow

tired,... and cranky but I am home!!!Well, I am home!!! It was a tough time on Wedns. I am allergic to codiene so they had to find some pain meds and sedation meds to help me after the surgery... Well they gave me some kind of mophine drip that had no components of codiene in them and lucky me, I had an allergic reaction anyway... So I awoke Wedns morn to swollen hands, feet, face, throat... a rash... oh what a beauty I was!!! They took me quickly off that drip and gave me some med that had neither components and well... that decided to make me have nausea... so they gave me
PamperedDor
Gold Member
As many of my FB friends from here know, I am having a full abdominal hysterectomy tomorrow. Please say a prayer all goes well and I recover quickly! Thanks all!!!

Praying for you on FB...and here too, Dor!

Dor you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have a fast and easy recovery.

Praying for you....may it be smooth and simple, and may your recovery time be painless and quick!

Dor, I am here for you!! {{{{hugs}}}} You will recover quickly!!!:)

You know I'm praying.

I'll be praying for you too!

I'm praying for you.

Done!!!

Take care!

Prayers are being said for you, from Da Bronx....((((((DOR))))))

Prayers on their way for you even as I type this...keep us posted on how you are doing!

Thank you everyone!! And thanks Rae for listening ~ Hugs!

Ginger428 said:
Prayers are being said for you, from Da Bronx....((((((DOR))))))

LMAO - that made me laugh Ginger!!!

Sending up prayers, too, Dor. May God guide the hands of the surgeon, and may your healing be complete and quick.

Praying for you Dor. Praying for Speedy recovery, and no complications.

Prayers for quick healing and no complications with surgery.

I had mine in 1997. Prayers for healing and easy recovery.

Praying here too.

Just think; soon you'll be a Punctured Princess.

Praying that all goes well! Take care and rest!! Don't overdo!

Thanks all! Off to the hospital now !! Will be back soon! Hugs!!

PamperedDor said:
Thanks all! Off to the hospital now !! Will be back soon! Hugs!!

Finally had time to get online...praying for you too!

I'm sure all will go well - had mine 15 years ago and it was much easier than I anticipated. My prayers are with you.

As of 12:45 pm, I received a message that she was in recovery all ok. I will be seeing her tomorrow and keep you all updated. Thank's for all your prayers for her!! Sorry that I did not post this earlier but I was at work.

letscook04 said:
As of 12:45 pm, I received a message that she was in recovery all ok. I will be seeing her tomorrow and keep you all updated. Thank's for all your prayers for her!! Sorry that I did not post this earlier but I was at work.

Thanks for the update Colleen - give her our love and let her know we are praying!

We appreciate the update. Glad to hear she came through it okay.

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks for the update Colleen - give her our love and let her know we are praying!

Sure will! Knowing Doreen she will find a way to get on line while she is in the Hospital!! LOL

Doreen is not feeling all that well today, and was not up to seeing anyone. I did tell her that her fellow cheffers were wishing her the best and misses her.

Aw, I've heard that sometimes the second or third day is the hardest.

Glad the surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Don't feel bad if you feel bad!!

I had mine 7 years ago. It takes time to heal but what a blessing afterwards! I'm sure Doreen will be doing great with all of us behind her!!

I'm so glad to hear her surgery went well. Wishing you the best Dor!!

Continuing to pray for you, Dor!

And still more prayers. Hope you're feeling better today!

Continuing to pray for you, Dor!

just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and full recovery, didn't see the thread until now...

Jess

Hi All!!!

Well, I am home!!! It was a tough time on Wedns. I am allergic to codiene so they had to find some pain meds and sedation meds to help me after the surgery... Well they gave me some kind of mophine drip that had no components of codiene in them and lucky me, I had an allergic reaction anyway... So I awoke Wedns morn to swollen hands, feet, face, throat... a rash... oh what a beauty I was!!! They took me quickly off that drip and gave me some med that had neither components and well... that decided to make me have nausea... so they gave me meds for that. Those meds gave me a whopping headache... SO the nasty hormonal b*tch in me said just give me motrin and I will be fine with it! Sooo the moral of my story is I can't do prescription meds!!! Anyhow I slept most of that day away and then Thursday felt so much better!!! I broke out on Friday and received a call as soon as I got home to go back today for more blood work since my counts were going lower and the Dr was concerned with internal bleeding. I am waiting my results but am sure its nothing! I am sore, swollen (look like I am about 6 months prego) and tired.......BUT I am home!!!!!!! :)

Colleen called and texted me and told me you all were praying and asking - thank you so much for all your wonderful wishes and support!!! Dr said 6 - 8 weeks recovery, but I am a bit of an over achiever and plan to be back to normal in 4 weeks!!

Just had to check in and let you know I am all good and feeling better every day! Thanks again everyone!!!

Dor, Glad to read that you are feeling better everyday...praying for you and a speedy recovery!! But....."pamper" ;) yourself, put your feet up, pop a few (10 or 20 sounds good to me!!)chocolate bonbons, and relax!!!!! Take advantage of your recovery time, because before you know it your family will be needing you at full speed..... (While you are relaxing get that Irish hubby of yours to bring home some shepherds pie or other goodie from your restaurant!!! Take care!!!

Thanks Barbara! Yes food is not a problem in our house! I prepped before the surgery, to make sure they were well fed while I was in the hospital, still have a few meals planned and prepped, and When those run out, I should be able to do a little more on my own! Its only day 5 and already I am getting bored with relaxing... I never did that well, and still haven't mastered it yet.... Counting the days till I can do more!

The hardest parts were me were not driving and not being able to push my own grocery cart. As for relaxing, I'm a reader, so I stocked up on books I wanted to read. I also had really good drugs for the first couple of weeks so I slept a lot. Then again, they weren't able to do mine laproscopically, so mine was considered extensive abdominal surgery.

I have some magazines and books near my bedside. Mine wasn't lapro either Rae, and the only thing I have been ok with for the pain is Motrin (over the counter, 2 tabs) anything prescription has bad effects on me. The pain is manageable, just uncomfortable, but the laying around is making me nuts! I have to say, after being up for about 15 minutes, I am totally wrecked tired and have to lay down for a few minutes but after about 10 minutes, I am climbing the walls! Yesterday I did lay poolside and got some color but today the walk to my pool area seems like miles! I just can't wait till I feel a little more strong and less tired! (and to get my staples out on Tuesday!!)

Glad your home but sorry that your not feeling well. Your such a busy bee to begin with it must be hard. Hope the kiddies are taking care of you. {{{hugs}}}

Yeah, those walks to the kitchen or the bathroom can really wear you out. ;) I guess I'm just better at being a slug than some people.The funny thing is that people around me thought my recovery time would drive me crazy. I loved it. I caught up on books, talked on the phone (very little business-related), watched movies. I do slug well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies