• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Me & DH: A Sickly Week with Nursing School & Upset Stomach Worries

In summary, the speaker asks for prayers for themselves and their spouse who have been dealing with illness and a big upcoming nursing exam. They also mention the option of getting health insurance through PC.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
Please keep me & DH in your prayers. Thursday I came down with a fever, chills, sweats, aches, the works. I was so miserable that I ended up leaving work half way through my shift, went home, & went straight to bed. Friday morning, I woke up refreshed & feverless. Thank heavens! I had my final project for nursing school due & had to be in class to present it. Fast forward to Friday night. DH comes home with an upset stomach & doesn't want to eat supper. Figure he may just be full from lunch since they always order from a local restaurant on Friday. Around 7pm, DH starts shaking & his temp is 96. So I have him climb into bed, put on sweats, socks, & along sleeve shirt. Then I wrap a blanket around his shoulders & put a heating pad on his ice cold feet. About 15 minutes later, DH is "hugging the porcelian throne", & in a cold sweat. At this point he says his stomach hurts worse than anything he's every felt before & DH is not one to complain at all!! So back to bed DH & I go. The only thing that I could do to calm him down & stop him from shaking was to wrap him up tightly & have him concentrate on listening to the fish tank (using a little of the guided imagedry they taught us in nursing school). Through out most of the night he made numerous trips into the restroom (I'm sure you can imagine why), so I had only a few hours of sleep, plus I was still extremely congested still & was having a hard time breathing when I laid flat & DH had my pillow, so I used a teddy bear as one, which was quite uncomfortable. So now here we are over 24 hours later & stubborn DH is refusing to go to UrgentCare, so I'm once again leaving work early so that I can be home to make sure he's ok throughout the night. So I'm asking you my fellow cheffers, please pray for my DH & I. We can't afford to continuely take off of work & I don't have health care. TIA!

Might as well throw this in with your prayers too... I have a HUGE test Thursday that determines whether I pass nursing school, so please pray that I pass it & that I'm anxiety free.

Last edited:
Prayers being said for both of you to get well fast! Prayers also being said for your nursing exam - go knock their socks off!

Prayers said.

Sorry to hear you're both not doing so well!On another note, did you realize you can get health insurance through PC?

Dear friend,I am so sorry to hear that both you and your husband are not feeling well. I will definitely keep you both in my prayers for a speedy recovery and for strength during this difficult time. It can be so tough when sickness strikes, especially when it affects both of you at the same time.I am glad to hear that your fever has gone down and that you were able to present your final project for nursing school. I will also pray that you pass your test with flying colors and that you are able to stay calm and focused during it.I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to take care of your husband while also not feeling well yourself. You are truly a strong and caring person. It is great that you were able to use some of the techniques you learned in nursing school to help calm him down.I understand that it can be tough to take time off of work and not have health insurance. I will pray for financial stability for you both and for your husband's speedy recovery so that you can both get back to work soon.Please know that I am here for you and if there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to reach out. Take care of yourselves and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.Best,

What is "Prayers for Me & Dh"?

"Prayers for Me & Dh" is a collection of prayers specifically tailored for married couples. These prayers cover a variety of topics such as love, forgiveness, communication, and spiritual growth.

How can these prayers benefit my marriage?

Praying together as a couple can deepen your spiritual connection and strengthen your relationship. These prayers can also help you communicate your needs and desires to each other and to God.

Are these prayers specific to a certain religion?

While these prayers do have a Christian foundation, they are written in a way that can be applicable to couples of any faith or belief system. The focus is on strengthening the marriage and seeking guidance from a higher power, regardless of specific religious beliefs.

Do I have to be religious to use these prayers?

No, these prayers can be used by any couple, regardless of their level of religious belief. They can simply be seen as a tool for improving communication and connection in the marriage.

Can these prayers be used by same-sex couples?

Yes, these prayers can be used by any married couple, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. The focus is on strengthening the relationship and seeking guidance from a higher power, rather than on specific gender roles or beliefs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
raebates