• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Prayers for Husband: Seeking Healing and Peace for My Ailing Spouse

In summary, Nicole's husband is having a lot of pain, and the military is being slow to find out what is wrong with him. Nicole is praying for her husband and others.
nikked
Gold Member
Hey, all you prayer warriors.

Some of you may remember back in Sept. when my husband had his "heart" issue, which at the time was believed to be something called pericarditis.

Well, fast forward to now. Cardiologist and pulminologist have ruled out a heart or lung issue. The pain has continued, and for the past month or so, DH has had a headache that won't quit. DH is not one to take meds, and has an EXTREMELY high pain tolerance, but has been popping tylenol like they're M&Ms (his favorite candy).

We were at urgent care on Tuesday because of the chest pain...we needed a redocumentation to remove him from physical training (he's Air Force), and the base docs can't see him until June 14th (he made the appointment a couple of weeks ago because of the headache).

He was on "quarters" yesterday (basically, doc said to rest a day, no PT, followup with base doc), and given vicoden for the pain, and supposed to go back to work today. He woke up this morning throwing up from the pain in his head, with an extremely low body temp. DH usually runs hot (when first married, I always thought he had a temp). At first this morning, thermometer wasn't even registering. Now, it's showing about 95 degrees.

Anyways, sorry for the long story. It's just so frustrating to see this strong, vibrant, healthy male collapsing before my eyes. I worry about what he was exposed to while in Iraq, and am so frustrated with the slowness of the military medical system...

Prayers are appreciated...for healing, for wisdom, for the docs to get off their behinds and figure out what's wrong with him, for peace...

thanks...

Praying for you both. ...and thank you both for the sacrifices you have made to keep us all safe.

Nicole,If his head is hurting that much, he should go back to the Dr. (Emergency room if necessary). It could be something serious! Praying for both of you.

Thanks, beth & jeanine...

I'm trying to convince him to go...but that takes some doing...

Thank you both for your service! Bless you both! Now I need to get serious okay-take him NOW to the ER. My husband was there 10 days ago-with a severe headache (felt like something was on his head and squeezing-top, sides etc) this happened after an MRI-first suspect was a stroke. After a blood test determined his potassium was depleted (his blood pressure meds HTC is a huge offender of doing that) this can kill them!!!! Insist they check his potassium level!!! My husband was on potassium pills also-so I took him off the HTC blood pressure meds and he is doing much better. But they did have to replace potassium in the ER also! You would not believe what that does to them! RUN don't walk!!!! Prayers!
On a note-my husband has to utilize the VA system so you can imagine how easy it is to have to deal with that-but I must say-they have treated him very well here!!! Please discuss this with your husband immediately so he realizes it does happen to others and it is a very serious issue!

Not to scare you - think of Bret Michaels and his recent brain issues - if he hadn't gone to the ER when he did - he might not be here today to tell others about it. Get your husband to the ER ASAP!!

Finally have him convinced to go...he can be SO stubborn sometimes...just getting the kids off to school, then we're going...will update later...

thanks for prayers, words of advice & encouragement!

Nicole, also look up, and talk to DH's doctor(s) about, Lyme Disease and Hypothyroidism. I just Googled his symptoms, and these two look like viable suspects.

In the meantime, I'll be praying!

Sending prayers your way. Please let us know how he is doing.

Also, thank you both for all of the sacrifices you have made, so we can live as we want in this beautiful country.

Praying for you guys. Remember, God is in control.

Well, back home. They did a CT scan, and found a sinus infection, which apparently has been brewing for a little over a month. Because we couldn't get seen at the base clinic, it was left to build until it got so bad...

At least it was a simple answer (at least at this point)...antibiotics & pain meds, and he should be good to go!

thanks for your prayers...

Glad to hear that he is going to be ok.

Gosh me too! So happy he will be fine. Sorry didn't mean to scare you but that headache can be a very serious sign to a few things. They also gave my husband a CT Scan after the MRI to rule out a bleed or stroke. Honestly, the potassium depletion I am sure was the last thing they were looking for-but finally when they found it-they were on it immediately and a huge difference! So for all of you who may have loved ones on blood pressure meds, please look up the symptoms for potassium depletion and the meds that cause it to see if that med is listed. Could save a life!

My brother has low potassium and does not take a diuretic, so he takes a supplement. I went through some episodes a year ago with very, very low potassium--I didn't realize I was supposed to drink OJ with my BP med, which has the HCT (diuretic) component. I feel so much better taking the potassium supplement, and am conscious about eating bananas, potatoes, etc. My cardiologist likes the levels a bit over 4.0, and mine was down to 2.8, which they said was pretty serious. Made me stay and take a few doses before they'd let me leave followed by blood work.

You know, I have never heard about the drinking OJ with the BP meds. I wonder if that is something that was an oversight on someone's part but I do keep checking his blood pressure randomly and he is fine without the meds. He still takes the supplements and he is also a diabetic so Metformin can hurt to but the biggest offender was the HCT they said.
So good to hear that you take care of yourself and know how sick it can make you.

Thank goodness, as you say, it is something simple and manageable.I have to take this opportunity to second smart2cook and Gina's advice. We just had bad news about a friend's husband today...they had put off going to the doctor because they had a physical coming up...and it turns out to be very serious, and--hindsight is always 20-20, isn't it?-- those 3 weeks might have made a difference. But you can't second guess yourself. I just don't ever want to say "I should have gone in sooner."Friends, when you or your loved ones have unexplained symptoms, get them checked out.May all your loved ones be healthy and wellmarghi

Hurray for simple answers! Hope he's feeling better soon.

1. What exactly are "Prayers for Husband"?

"Prayers for Husband" are a collection of prayers specifically written for husbands, with the intention of strengthening and enriching their relationships with their wives, families, and God.

2. How can these prayers benefit my husband?

These prayers can help your husband grow in his faith, find strength and guidance in difficult times, and improve his communication and connection with you and your family.

3. Do I have to be religious to use these prayers for my husband?

No, these prayers can be used by anyone regardless of their religious beliefs. They are open to anyone who wishes to seek guidance and blessings for their spouse.

4. Can I customize these prayers to fit my husband's specific needs?

Absolutely! These prayers are meant to be personalized and tailored to your husband's individual needs and situations. You can add or change any words or phrases to make them more meaningful to you and your spouse.

5. Are there different types of prayers for different situations?

Yes, there are prayers for various situations such as seeking forgiveness, finding strength and guidance, expressing gratitude, and more. You can choose the prayer that best fits your current needs or use them as inspiration to create your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies