• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Send Prayers for My Friends Involved in a Severe Accident?

In summary, a request for prayers was made for friends who were involved in a car accident while returning from a boot camp graduation. Five people were in the car, all sustaining injuries but thankfully none were life-threatening. The injuries included a broken neck, sternum, ankles, arm, and pelvis. Later, another person shared about a family member who was also in a serious accident. All of the accident victims are now recuperating in Michigan and are expected to recover well. The request for prayers was met with an outpouring of support and well wishes.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
Hey all,

Could you throw up a shout out to the deity of your choice for some friends? They're actually cousins of a cousin (on the other side of the family) but I know them and used to hang out with/get babysat by them.

They were coming home from seeing their nephew at his boot camp graduation, and were in a horrible accident in Oklahoma (they live in Michigan). Details are sketchy at this time, but there were 5 of them in the car.

One will be undergoing surgery for a broken neck & has a broken sternum (no paralysis, thank goodness).

One will be undergoing surgery for two crushed ankles, and will have to be in the hospital in OK for at least 2 weeks.

One was airlifted to the hospital with head injuries, a broken neck, and a broken pelvis.

One has a broken arm, which will need surgery and to be reset.

And I'm not sure what happened to the last one (10 yr. old).

None of these injuries appear to be life threatening, but will be life changing for sure.

Pray for strength and healing.

Thanks!

Prayers said.

Praying for all of them!Curious: How old is that picture up there? It's very different from the FB one... <Ducking to avoid flying objects>

Wow, that's awful! Sending up my prayers now!!

pcchefjane said:
Praying for all of them!

Curious: How old is that picture up there? It's very different from the FB one... <Ducking to avoid flying objects>

Those two pics were probably taken a year or so apart.

And the FB one was taken about 2 years ago. Ish.

There are more recent pics of me on my FB photo page.

Jean, I am praying for all of those in the accident. I too have had a family member involved in a very serious accident on Sunday morning just outside of Salt Lake City. My x-husband and his wife were moving back from Vegas to TN to be closer to his 5 kids. He flipped the van and was ejected. He is in a coma in Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, UT. We are not sure if he will survive. His wife is out of the hospital and staying temporarily in a guest house waiting on his sister to arrive. We all feel horrible because they are 1500 miles away and we cannot afford to go to UT. Please keep my x-husband (Ricky Cooper, 38) in your prayers as well.

Prayers being said for all the families mentioned.

Thanks everyone!

4 of the 5 are in the hospital in Sullivan, MO. The fifth one was airlifted to a St. Louis burb hospital.

Apparently, the driver ran off the road, hit the guardrail, flipped the car, and then hit an overpass pillar. They are lucky to be alive, methinks.

Jean and Patty, I have been thinkinag about both these accidents lately. Wondering how the people are doing?

All of the accident victims are now recuperating in Michigan. Two got a helicopter ride here from St. Louis, and one got a very long ambulance ride.

They're all recovering well. The one with crushed ankles probably won't be able to walk for another year or so, and has to have a few more surgeries, but she is at least able to see her family.

Thanks for all the prayers...they're lucky to be alive, and they're fortunate to have world class care both in St. Louis and here.

I am glad to hear they are doing well. Thanks for the update.

Prayers for all of them.

1. What exactly are "Prayers for Accident Victims"?

"Prayers for Accident Victims" is a collection of prayers and well wishes specifically designed for those who have been involved in accidents. These prayers can offer comfort, strength, and healing to both the victims and their loved ones during a difficult time.

2. How can I get a copy of "Prayers for Accident Victims"?

You can purchase a copy of "Prayers for Accident Victims" through a Pampered Chef consultant or through our website. You can also host a party and earn the book for free as a hostess reward.

3. Can I personalize the prayers in "Prayers for Accident Victims" for a specific person?

Yes, "Prayers for Accident Victims" includes blank spaces for you to write in the name of the person you are praying for. This allows you to personalize the prayers and make them more meaningful for the recipient.

4. Are there specific prayers for different types of accidents?

Yes, "Prayers for Accident Victims" includes prayers for various types of accidents, such as car accidents, workplace accidents, and natural disasters. There are also prayers for specific injuries, such as broken bones or head trauma.

5. Can I use "Prayers for Accident Victims" as a gift for someone who has been in an accident?

Definitely! "Prayers for Accident Victims" makes a thoughtful and meaningful gift for someone who has been through a traumatic experience. It can offer them comfort and support during their recovery and let them know they are not alone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
winklermom
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
Replies
Views
mary k