• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Religion Will you join me in praying for a job opportunity for my retiring husband?

In summary, Tony is flying out to an interview for a position with a small to medium airline. He is meeting with the head HR person, a VP and a Director at 1 pm Chicago time.
nikked
Gold Member
Hello, all my Lovely Cheffer Prayer Warriors!

My DH is on terminal leave, with an official retirement date of March 31 (after 25 years in the Air Force).

We are starting to make some headway on the jobhunt front (a couple of interviews), but nothing has happened yet. Really would like him working before the income goes away next month!

Prayers for the RIGHT JOB in the RIGHT LOCATION are appreciated. He was supposed to have a meeting/interview at breakfast this morning, but the person got called into the office early, and Tony is supposed to leave tomorrow to fly to Georgia to bring our daughter and granddaughter home (a whole prayer issue), so we don't know when the meeting will happen.

Thanks!

Prayers going your way! And thanks again to your hubby for serving our country and for you for the sacrifices that his abscences caused.

Well, Tony got his meeting/interview rescheduled for tomorrow morning, 6:30 am MST...this job fits him and qualifications, and would keep us from having to move immediately, which would be nice (we are SO set up with services for our special needs kiddos, moving will be a pain).

Prayers said.

Praying. God has a solution - years from now you'll look back and see His hand in all of this. Peace. -Scott

Nicole, I just saw this. How did the meeting go?

Praying for you guys. I am always in awe of what you military families go through. We are really close to one of the Army bases here and I see so many people come and go and move at the drop of a hat. Bless you. I will be praying for you guys. I'll pray for this transition time for your family. Please keep us updated.

Sorry...didn't realize I hadn't posted...the meeting went well, the manager has contacted the HR person and put Tony to the head of the list...now we just wait and see...there are others in consideration, there are others in the chain...

Haven't heard anything yet, but they knew he would be out of town until this weekend dealing with the Mary drama...

Thought I'd give you a quick update...

Still waiting to hear on the best looking so far here in Albuquerque, but are also up for a government job in PHX, which would be fine too. In the meantime, he starts a two-week temporary job tomorrow, teaching at JobCorps. Not near enough money, but two weeks is better than none!

Prayers are still appreciated...thanks!

We'll continue praying for you guys!!!! God has a great plan for all of you.

Wonderful news. Still praying.

Praying. Have him send an email to say he is very interested in the position.

Thanks to all for the prayers, advice and words of encouragement. His temp job at JobCorps ends tomorrow...they interviewed him for the permanent position, but he was upfront from the beginning that while he would gladly take the job (and has already made quite an impact on the students and staff there), he needs a job with higher pay (STUPID ETHICS)...so they went another route. I told him that if something like that comes up again with a temp job, to keep his mouth shut...and if the ethics bothered him, to worry about the ethics of providing for the family...sounds harsher looking at the typed words than I intended :/

So, the job hunt is still on. The one position that has looked so promising from the beginning is still a possibility, but their timeframe on hiring is definitely NOT in line with ours...they are still interested in Tony, but have yet to even begin interviewing anyone.

Seems like he's made it through the first couple of rounds for a rather high paying job with a large company in NJ...not our first choice for location, but right now, location doesn't really matter...as long as our special needs children can get services, we can deal with a move...

Thanks again for your continued prayers...

New Jersey? EESH...praying that you DONT have to move!

An update...

Things have not been going well financially to say the least! We are cutting back as much as possible, and are applying for WIC for our youngest, free lunches for the other two, and possibly food stamps if things don't turn around by the end of the month.

However, there is a bright spot.

A small to medium airline based out of Rockford (right outside of Chicago ::giggle:: ) that Tony had applied for a position with is flying him out on Thursday for an interview. The very interesting thing is that they HAVE NO ACTUAL POSITION, but are looking at creating one specifically for my husband because of his experience. He is meeting with the head HR person, a VP and a Director at 1 pm Chicago time.

I need some prayer about it though...Top on my list of places I do NOT want to live is Alaska, with the mid-west (and Chicago especially) a very close second. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Chicago in the summer time at Conference. And probably would like it in the Spring and Fall. But I really do not like cold or snow. Physically, my body just seems to shut down when it's super cold outside, and I've never really learned how to drive in snow and ice. So, if this is the OPEN DOOR we have been praying for, I need my heart and mind changed (and my body too!). And if it's not, then the door needs to be gently but firmly closed so we have peace.

I'm in Phoenix watching my AD's kids while she's in Hawaii (extra time prior to "official" PC trip), so friends of ours in Albuquerque will be watching the kids Wednesday night through Friday morning. Prayers for them are appreciated as well as a safe flight for my husband.

I'll update Thursday or Friday. Thank you all so much for "listening" and praying!

Here's a secret to midwest winters.
1. Not all of us love them. I sure don't but I love the other three seasons enough to survive that one. While you never get "used" to the cold, you do learn to dress for it and you do become acclimated to it a bit, just like people in Arizona get acclimated to hotter summers.
2. Not all of us can drive in snow and ice, proof can be seen on the news after snowstorms by all the car accidents and cars in ditches. If we can and we are smart enough, we just try to stay off the road during a storm.

Beyond that, I can say a prayer for your husband that he too finds a job. Mine was laid off in March and is looking. It's a tough market right now.

Thanks, Jane! Unfortunately, as far as staying off the roads goes, we have three special needs children, one of which is High Functioning Autistic. Our current therapy schedule is 8 appointments a week, spread out over four days. Not driving is not really an option! Fortunately we rarely have snow here, and it usually melts very quickly, so I don't have to drive in it for the most part. I know God will take care of us and see us through. Just kind of freaks me out!

Prayers said.

Hello, All. Today was a really hard day...had to apply for food stamps and medicaid. Will be applying for WIC on Wednesday. Made me very sad. Haven't heard anything from the Chicago area job.

The job we had been hoping for in Albuquerque has reopened (the non-filling of the position had been a mistake). And they specifically asked Tony to reapply...That job posting doesn't close until this Thursday. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Thank you for continuing to pray. Hard days are a little easier knowing others are holding us and lifting us in prayer....

God is never late. He's seldom early, but he's never, ever late.

Thanks for the reminder, Rae!

Updates:

Still waiting to hear on the local job...

The Chicago-area job...looks like an offer will be coming, but don't know when or what position...

The most exciting prospect...Tony stumbled across the COO position at the local foodbank (that PC donates to through the Round-Up campaign)...the day after he applied, they called him for an interview! He has an interview on Monday, June 13...this job would be ideal. Something Tony would really enjoy (being involved in community services), keeping us here in Albuquerque where our special needs kids already have all their services set up, close to home, etc.

Thank you so much for continuing to pray!

The interview is today at 1 pm MST...thanks for praying...

We'll be thinking of him and praying for success!

Well, all done! Tony feels like the interview went well. They said they would call in the next two weeks to set up second interviews with the Board of Directors...hopefully something good will come soon! Thanks for the continued prayers!

WWWWEEELLLLLLL...

Tony received a call today from the company outside of Chicago. They will be calling tomorrow morning with a job offer. We would rather stay here in ABQ, so will be calling the two companies interested in Tony on Monday to see where they are in their processes.

Prayers for wisdom, discernment and patience are appreciated. And above all else, for God's will to be accomplished in all of this.

And don't want to sound like a downer in all of this...we knew a job offer was coming out of Chicago. But were hoping something would happen more locally before then. The more I've researched the area, the more I've realized that services are necessarily what we want/need them to be for the kids, especially our Autistic six year old. We'd be looking looking at a sixty to ninety minute commute for most services, or my husband would have to commute to his work...UGH...

Plus, we have things so lined up for our children next year, including our six year old being accepted into a special program for "Twice Exceptional Children" (children who are gifted but have a disability as well). There is no program that even comes close to comparing in Ill...::sigh::

make that "services 'aren't' necessarily what we want/need..."

Just wondering how everything worked out. Are you guys moving to Chicago?

I was just thinking about needing to update today...

Chicago didn't work out. A job offer was made, but it was extremely low paying, and would not cover the expenses involved in long commutes for either my husband to work, or myself for 8 (or more) therapy appointments for the children each week.

Have come to the realization that while originally we were looking anywhere and everywhere, need to be more specific to areas that will take care of our special childrens' needs.

Still looking, still praying, getting nervous about the whole debt ceiling issue (no politics, just worry)...will not have any income in Sept. if issue isn't fixed, and have burned thru the little savings we had...

Thanks for continuing to pray!

Awe, BIG (((hugs))) Nicole! I don't know how I've missed all the updates on this post, but this is my first time reading the thread. I'd love to see you excel in your Pampered Chef business and help offset the loss of income.

Don't answer it here, because it's definitely NOT something you want to advertise, but if he has any kind of security clearance, he should look at contract positions with the government. Depending on his level of clearance, it's sometimes cheaper for them to pay to train for a new field, than it is to pay for a trained person to get a clearance. Just food for thought! ;) Here's the link to research current Government Job openings for regular people: http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ They don't advertise the ones that need high clearances, he'd have to go talk to them in person to get considered for one of those positions.

He's all over USA Jobs, Sheila. Unfortunately, there's a hiring freeze on right now, and unless it's an "essential" position, no body's hiring. And most of the "essential" positions, Tony wouldn't come close to getting (science, high-tech type jobs). There are still contractor jobs available, but you have to know the right people to find those, and there are SO MANY recently retired (read: force out) military (with more to come in the next few months...with the whole Majors fiasco) looking for those positions, the competition is fiece.

I hate being whiney, I know others are in worse shape, it's just so frustrating! Hoping getting the TPC ball rolling again will help!

Tony had an interview this morning with a local company, and a interview for a great opportunity in CA in about 10 minutes...thank you for continuing to pray!

WooHoo! Hopefully something will work out for him and SOON!

My prayers are being said with you and your family included. I do want to say I cannot thank you (and all the other military families on here) enough for the service given to our country to continue to secure our freedoms and the sacrifices made by families so often. I do not usually share this, but have had to be on WIC, food stamps and medicaid, just hold your head high. You guys are definitely trying. God is just showing you another way... And I totally agree with Jane about the winter weather, I hate it and makes me depressed, but I've never lived anywhere buy the midwest, so I know nothing else (and have no desire to). Peace be with you and your family. I also have a high functioning autistic son, are there any service providers that come to you? I know when he was younger Missouri has a program called first steps that provided everthing from ABA therapy to respite and they all came to our home. That stopped for him at a certain age and now it's trips just like you are making. We have tried and tried to find a counselor that comes to our home, but have had no luck. Sorry to ramble on, I just felt I connected with you on that one. :)

Please continue to keep us posted!!

sherri lynn said:
... I also have a high functioning autistic son, are there any service providers that come to you? I know when he was younger Missouri has a program called first steps that provided everthing from ABA therapy to respite and they all came to our home. That stopped for him at a certain age and now it's trips just like you are making. We have tried and tried to find a counselor that comes to our home, but have had no luck. Sorry to ramble on, I just felt I connected with you on that one. :)

Our insurance doesn't cover home visits, and although active duty families have ABA as an option, it is NOT an option for retiree families (there is a pending class action lawsuit regarding this). And, any programs that will come to your home that are state funded do not go past age 3...My youngest (now 4) was in that program, and it was AWESOME to not have to go out for his appointments!

Thanks to all for your continued prayers! The local job will be calling by Aug. 12 for 2nd interviews (yes or no); The CA job has to start on Aug. 22, so that process will be moving faster...we'll know by the beginning of next week if they're flying him to CA for an interview, and that will happen super quickly.

Prayers going your way. It will all work out in the end
\

Well, the job in CA, which was the most promising in a long time to come our way, is a no go... ::sigh::

It's hard to not be bitter...

Never mind

:( Sorry Nicole!

I know it sounds trite, but I'm a firm believer that whenever a door closes a window to something better opens. Hang in there!

still praying....i hope all is going well!
~carla

You are still in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us updated with the progress!!

Tony just got a phone call for a 2 week temp job. It's an hour away, which is a bummer, but they're working that into the compensation package. It's teaching, which he loves, and two weeks pay is two weeks pay!

thank you for your continued prayers and words of encouragement...Keep 'em coming!

Good news! Prayers offered.

I thought I heard someone opening a window! Sending prayers that it gets slung open wide!

Praying for you and your whole family.

yes....who knows what doors that 2 week job might open :)
continuing to pray for y'all!!
~carla

<h2>1. Can you please pray for a job opportunity for my retiring husband?</h2><p>Of course, we would be happy to pray for your husband's job search. We understand how important it is to have a stable income, especially after retiring from the military. We will pray for the right job to come his way and for everything to work out smoothly.</p><h2>2. When is your husband's official retirement date?</h2><p>His official retirement date is March 31st, after 25 years in the Air Force.</p><h2>3. Have you had any luck with job interviews so far?</h2><p>We have had a couple of interviews, but nothing has come to fruition yet. We are still hopeful and trusting in God's plan for our family.</p><h2>4. What kind of job is your husband looking for?</h2><p>We are open to any job opportunities that come our way, but ideally, we are looking for a job in the right location that will provide stability and financial security for our family. We are trusting in God's plan and know that He will guide us to the right job.</p><h2>5. Can you provide an update on your husband's job search?</h2><p>Currently, we are still waiting for a job offer, but we have faith that the right opportunity will come at the right time. We are incredibly grateful for everyone's prayers and support during this time of transition. We will continue to trust in God's plan and His perfect timing.</p>

1. Can you please pray for a job opportunity for my retiring husband?

Of course, we would be happy to pray for your husband's job search. We understand how important it is to have a stable income, especially after retiring from the military. We will pray for the right job to come his way and for everything to work out smoothly.

2. When is your husband's official retirement date?

His official retirement date is March 31st, after 25 years in the Air Force.

3. Have you had any luck with job interviews so far?

We have had a couple of interviews, but nothing has come to fruition yet. We are still hopeful and trusting in God's plan for our family.

4. What kind of job is your husband looking for?

We are open to any job opportunities that come our way, but ideally, we are looking for a job in the right location that will provide stability and financial security for our family. We are trusting in God's plan and know that He will guide us to the right job.

5. Can you provide an update on your husband's job search?

Currently, we are still waiting for a job offer, but we have faith that the right opportunity will come at the right time. We are incredibly grateful for everyone's prayers and support during this time of transition. We will continue to trust in God's plan and His perfect timing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva