• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Religion Prayer Request Needed (Kind of Long)

In summary, the conversation was about a woman's mother who had a liver transplant 8 years ago and has since been in and out of the hospital for various health issues. She is currently in critical condition and on a ventilator, with a possible stroke and infection. The family is asking for prayers for her recovery and strength for themselves during this difficult time. There is also a suggestion to keep the mother engaged in activities while in the hospital to help her mental state.
Karen
Gold Member
OK, we all know that CS has the best prayer warriors out there. I'm asking for an urgent request for my mom (my rock!).

Approx. 8 years ago she had a liver transplant and came through that with flying colors. Everyone (inlcuding her doctors) could not believe how fast she recovered.

Since the transplant she has had a couple of hernia repairs, retaining fluids, etc. However she has pulled through them.

A few weeks ago she had pain in her abdomen and come to find out, she had a kink in her small intestine that had to come out. She had surgery and was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. While in the hospital she started retaining fluids even quicker than normal, however they drained the fluid and chalked it up to it being a side effect from the surgery.

When she came home, she had a horrible cough that she could not get rid of (general MD issued Robitussin with codeine, which helped the cough) as well as retaining fluid very quickly (again). This past Friday her blood pressue dropped so low that she was not able to pick up her feet to walk to the vehicle to go to the ER. Fast forward a couple of days and she is now on a ventilator to make her breathing easier, her bp is being maintained medically, she still has the cough so they are suctioning her every few hours, there is an infection somewhere (that they feel is the cause of the fluid retention), and now there's a possiblity that she had a stroke as well.

Other than her liver transplant 8 years ago she has always been a very healthy person. She worked at our local bank for 27 years (retiring last summer), volunteers for every organization/activity in our community, you name it she's doing it! With that being said, you can imagine that I am totally at my wits end with this whole thing. The doctors told us today that this could turn into weeks or months instead of days. My brother is on the next flight home for a few days and my dad and I are taking turns going to the hospital (which is 2 hours away from where we live).

Right now I'm asking that God make her strong to maintain a good blood pressue, find and heal the infection, and nurse her back to good health. I am also asking for strength for my dad, myself, and my brother to help us get through all of this. It is also very difficult on her family since they are all in AZ and we are in NY.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

I hope they are able to find what is causing it all and get her back to a healthy place.

Karen I will keep her in my prayers..and your family. I hope all goes well for her.

My prayers for your mom and all that love her. Lean on God to help you all through this difficult time.

I'm so sorry to hear this, praying for answers and a quick recovery for her.

Will be praying for her on a nightly basis. God is in control and is your support.

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray right now that you would reach your healing hand down and touch Karen's mom. Give her strength and rest. Also, please give Karen and her family strength and rest during this time. We thank you Lord for your divine intervention. We give you all the praise and honor and glory for the answer to this need. Amen.

Prayers said for your mom and for you.

Thanks everyone! So far today is a better day. She was awake and sitting up in the chair when I got to the hospital. She knew everything that was going on and was telling me (as best she could with a ventilator in) to go home and get something done instead of sitting here! Lol.

She's back to sleep now, but hopefully this is a sign of good things to come!

Your prayers are always appreciated. I will keep everyone posted as the time progresses.

Karen, we're praying for you. Keep your chin up. Something struck me in her past - that her work/volunteering was something that kept her going. Possibly look into something she can do even in the hospital - hemming blankets or knitting caps for homeless folks, or such - some way she can still know she is needed. Our bodies respond when our minds are engaged. Perhaps give her a project of reading books out loud to make CD's for grandkids or such.Praying. -Scott

Praying for your mother, and you and the rest of your family.

Just an update to my prayer request and to ask for more requests...

Mom was able to come off the ventilator, maintain her blood pressure, and get well enough to endure the surgery that was needed to fix the fluid retention that she was having. She had this surgery this past Wednesday and was so happy when she came out of recover and didn't have any "tubes" (ventilator).

Thursday morning she had a turn for the worse and was put back on the ventilator and under sedation. At this point, she is completely sedated and is not able to maintain her own breathing or keep her blood pressure up where it needs to be. Her body has an infection that it is also trying to fight.

We have more or less been told that the doctors will do whatever we ask of them and keep her on the ventilator and blood pressure meds for however long we wish. If she is able to overcome this infection, she will need another liver transplant and they are not sure that her body will be strong enough to endure that.

We (my dad, brother, and myself) know that she does not want to suffer, she does not want to be on support, and she has made it clear that she does not want to go through another liver transplant (she is the type of person that would say "give it to someone else who could benefit from it, I've already had one"). So, you can imagine that we are faced with some tough decisions to be made over the next couple of days.

Dear God, we ask you to place your loving arms around her and heal her so she can continue to lead her life in good health and comfort as she was used to, or to put your arms around us and give us the strength and support to get through this difficult time and to gently take her by the hand and lead her home if that is in your plan.

In your name we pray,
Amen

Thank you to everyone for your prayers.

The last time I posted an updat was on Saturday, May 14, and sadly mom passed away on Sunday, May 15.

It's been a rough week, but I know that God has a plan for me (as he did for mom) and we will all be okay. There are rough times ahead, but we got through the roughest time of seeing her not well and knowing that God had opened his door and his arms to her.

Out-of-town family has gone home (including my brother, my only sibling) and my dad, husband, and I are working on findng a "new normal" in our lives. We will be strong, we will have weak times, but we are close and will always hold eachother up.

Now it's time to focus on the one thing that remained the same, my PC business. Over the last 8 weeks I have set PC aside (after I promoted to Director in April) to spend time traveling to and from the hospital and spending time with my dad. Now I will put all of my energy into phone calls, booking shows, and getting my calendar back to where I want it to be, and regain my Directorship.

Thanks again for all of you!

I'm so sorry, Karen. You will remain in my prayers.

Very sorry for your loss. [[hugs]]

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. We'll continue to keep your family in our prayers. God Bless.

Continue to pray for you and your family...

I'm so sorry for your loss Karen- keeping you and your family in my prayers.

So sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to you and your family.

1. What is the purpose of the "Prayer Request Needed" form?

The "Prayer Request Needed" form is a way for customers to submit a request for prayer to our team at Pampered Chef. It allows us to support our customers beyond their cooking needs and show our care and compassion for them.

2. Do I have to be a customer of Pampered Chef to submit a prayer request?

No, you do not have to be a customer of Pampered Chef to submit a prayer request. We welcome anyone who is in need of prayer, regardless of their relationship with our company.

3. Will my prayer request be kept confidential?

Yes, all prayer requests submitted through our "Prayer Request Needed" form are kept confidential. Only our team members who are responsible for praying for these requests will have access to them.

4. How long does it take for my prayer request to be prayed for?

We have a dedicated team who prays for all the requests we receive. We strive to pray for each request within 24 hours of receiving it. However, please keep in mind that our team is made up of volunteers, so it may take a bit longer during busy periods.

5. Can I submit multiple prayer requests?

Yes, you can submit multiple prayer requests. Our team is here to support you and we understand that sometimes there may be multiple things weighing on your heart. We are happy to pray for all of your requests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • nikked