• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Prayers for My Mom's Health and Recovery | Kelly V.

In summary, Kelly asks for prayers for her mother who has been unwell and may be experiencing sepsis or a blood clot. She is currently in the hospital and undergoing tests and treatment. Kelly's sister wants to move their mother to a nursing home or assisted living, but Kelly is hoping for her to get better and return home. Kelly updates that her mother is doing better and has been able to come home, but still needs prayers for her strength to return to normal.
KellyRedHead
Just thought I ask for a few prayers for my Mom tonight.

She was not feeling well last night, but didn't want to go to the ER.
She lives with us, has her own little apt in our home. When I check on her to go to bed, she was with it mentally and I wasn't that worried.
This morning I checked on her around 7am and she was still sleeping. I took a shower etc... went again to check on her, she was up and out of it. She though my SIL came to visit her (it was 10am by the way). She asked me when I got home, I never went anywhere and she went to the bathroom with out pulling done her underwear! She is NEVER is like this.

So I had the ambulance take her to the hosptial, my DH and I followed.
They have run blood work and are doing a culture on that and her urine. She maybe septic or have another blood clot like she had in Nov'08. They are really not sure at this point and are starting her on heavy antibotics.
She was better mentally as the day went on, then tonight she was out of it again, cold chills (not much of a fever) and trying to get out of the bed thinking she was home!
I had the nurses but the bed alarm on before I left and gave them my number to call me with any changes.

It is very hard when your parent (who you always count on) gets sick and is not themselves. Mom is 77 years old by the way. It is very upsetting to see them like this.
My sister wants to move her our of my home and into a nursing home or assisting living, not sure what Mom will think about that!

Just pray that she get better and gets her wits back about her.

Thanks-
Kelly V.

Praying for a quick answer to whatever is going on.

Prayer for all of you!!

I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. You and your family are in my prayers.

Prayers coming your way

Praying for your mom and family.

HI everyone!

I just went to see her and I am going back in a little while.
She was much better this morning. She is still a little weak, but they got her up and walking with her walker this morning and she is sitting in a recliner chair and out of bed.
They are still not sure what is going on with her, she had a fever last night. Blood test will be back in tomorrow sometime I hope.
She still isn't very hungry.
Hope and pray the fever doesn't come back tonight!

Thanks for all of your prayers, keep them coming!

Kelly V.

thank you everyone for your prayers!

Mom came home yesterday!! She is doing pretty good, a little weak, but not as weak as it was the last time this happened to her. When it happened before we had to put her in a rehab facility for a couple of weeks to build her strength up. so at least we didn't need to do that this time.
They increased her O2, and the Dr finally said she could have a rapid oxygen tank the small ones you can take to a store, makes it much easier on her.
They had pretty much taken her off the O2 to only at night, but her O2 percentage was in the 80% after walking etc....with out it in the hospital.

So, thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers and keeping praying that her strength returns to normal!
Kelly V. :D

Amen, Kelly! I'm so glad!

sending prayers

1. How can I submit a prayer request for my mom?

To submit a prayer request for your mom, you can either fill out our online form on our website or reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant who can assist you in submitting the request.

2. Is there a specific format or information needed for the prayer request?

No, there is not a specific format or information needed for the prayer request. You can simply provide your mom's name and the reason for the request, as much or as little as you feel comfortable sharing.

3. Will my mom's name be shared publicly during the prayer request?

No, we respect the privacy of all individuals and will not share your mom's name publicly during the prayer request. The request will be shared with our prayer team and they will keep her in their thoughts and prayers.

4. How long will the prayer request be active?

The prayer request will remain active for 30 days. After that, you can submit a new request if needed. Our prayer team will continue to keep your mom in their thoughts and prayers even after the request has expired.

5. Can I request multiple prayer requests for my mom?

Yes, you can submit multiple prayer requests for your mom if needed. We understand that situations may change and our prayer team is always here to support and uplift your mom in prayer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • angel7581
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • KellyRedHead