• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for 10 Yr Old Dd Who Had Tonsils and Adenoids Out...

a lot of soft, bland foods. It sounds like she's doing better now and is eating more solid foods. If she doesn't start eating on her own, you might have to force it down her throat with a syringe.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Well Dr. King said she had largest adenoids he'd seen in years, not in his career, but in years. They were blocking the back nasal passages, so no wonder she had sleep apnea and all other issues she's had. Tonsils were also VERY large, so that it was a big surgery. The spots in back of her throat are huge, I can only imagine the pain she's in. I've never had mine removed.

Megan was great at hospital, they said she was a perfect patient while there she ate 3 cups of crushed ice, they brought her a "big gulp" of water (like a extra large), a popsicle, 2 cups of sherbet and also a thing of Jell-O. Only when they said they wouldn't let her go if she didn't use the potty did she go, lol. She's got a bladder like a camel, unlike her mother. She was great at home that night...........then Weds. morning happened.....she tried to eat Cocoa Pebbles (after I told her yes, but she had to soak with milk), well she had with NO MILK, so she scrapped up her throat and still won't try to eat anything.

She's been so dizzy and unsteady, she's not even drinking much. She'll get a glass of water, put ice in it and then keep filling with ice during day and not ever finish it, just keep adding ice, but not enough to keep hydrated.

On Weds. she fought with me rest of day and by dinner time, had had only water and not even a full popsicle. Bill gets home was frustrated with how she wasn't eating and got upset with me and I let loose and said, what would you like me to do, sit on her and force it down. You talk to her, maybe she'll listen better. Didn't really improve.

Well by this morning, since she's been home (Tues. evening), she'd eaten a total of 4 popsicles, and 1 1/2 cups of Jell-O, water, and a pedisure* and just today ate a sherbet push up pop. She wanted Watermelon, Bill bought, she won't eat a bite, I made Macaroni salad, she only ate 1 bite, as I told her to at least try it and said no more.

I told Bill to buy some *Pedisure, to try and get her to at least get some nutrient in her, and she doesn't like it, but she did drink one full one yesterday.

She won't eat eggs, applesauce, yogurt, macaroni & cheese, broth, pancakes, runny oatmeal, anything soft we think of she's NO. I'm ready to scream, but I know it won't do any good.

She's getting to point last night Bill and I told her if she doesn't start eating we'll have to call the doctor. He's going to ask what she's been eating /drinking and then we're afraid he's going to tell us to take her to ER and be hooked to IV's (which she didn't have good experience with them removing her IV) and also possibility of feeding tube. I don't want to scare her, but she's scaring me. She only gone potty 3 times since Weds. morning and it's almost noon time on Friday now.

Megan also told us after telling her about calling Dr. "Well that's ok, God's carrying me through this Mom, you said so, so Dr. King can get mad at God not at me." I said God gave you a brain and you need to use it and the common sense to know you have to try and eat.

We've already got one dd with health issues that when she gets sick or doesn't eat/drink proper her colon starts to shut down and she's got to be rushed to ER due to this. I'm trying not to compare, as I know Megan doesn't have the kidney issues Molly does, but I'm getting worried.

Any suggestions?? Tips?? What you found worked??? Help,

Lisa

The only thing I can suggest is Gatorade/Powerade or Pedialyte and a consult with the doctor. She needs to eat. Does she like macaroni and cheese? Warm and soft and it might be a start...

My daughter had her tonsils and adnoids removed last summer...well, her tonsils because her adnoids had disappeared. She had some trouble with bleeding. I know the doctor said she wasn't suppose to do hardly anything except walk...no running, lifting, talking, etc. until her checkup. She ate a lot of mashed potatoes and chicken broth...and of course popsickles and jello. She also drank a lot of milkshakes. It gets better. The only thing I can tell you is to give her what you are already giving her and gatorade and stuff. She won't get better if she doesn't eat.

I was going to say you have to be really careful with eating "hard" foods because that can make the scabs come off and cause bleeding. My daughter didn't eat a whole lot after her surgery, I just made sure she had enough liquids in her to keep her hydrated.

I used to have HUGE trouble w/ my tonsils & the only thing I could eat/drink was warm sweet tea & KFC mashed potatoes & gravy..

&& cookie dough ice cream..

Prayers that she starts feeling better..

Well she just ate a couple bites of Macaroni Salad and said it hurts so bad, I don't even want to drink.

I told her she's got to try. I'm going shopping tonight with my sister and am hoping something else will strike me.

Does anyone have the old Ice Shaver recipes maybe, I got that a couple years ago in goodie boxes and just stumbled across it and wondered if I could "sneak" anything in that when I make for freezer.

Any ideas would be great. I'm more worried about lack of drinking/hydration, but am thinking if I can at least get her to eat a couple of bites at a time when she takes her antiobiotic, it's a start.

Thanks,

Lisa

The liquids are probably the most important right now to get in her. Does she have a favorite popsicle you could get her to suck on?

I think I would concentrate on the liquids at this point. It's better to keep her hydrated than to worry about food right now.

My 6 year old daughter also had huge tonsils and adenoids removed this past June. It was a very traumatice experience~for me!! I felt so bad for my poor baby, I couldn't do ANYTHING to help her feel better. She didn't eat for about 3 days, but sipped on gatorade, thats it, for 3 days. No popsicles or anything. Well, on the 3rd day, I rec'd a call that my grandmother was dying and I had to go see her, but I had to take Lili with me because I had to take care of her. It seems like on the 4th day, when I was not so focused on her, she just got better herself. Children are so resilient and she eventually got completly better and is doing great!! No snoring or loss of breath when she is asleep. Your child will get better, she just needs to rest. Good luck and God Bless!

How about ice-cream or milk-shakes? That would pack in some calories, although I agree with the others, I'd just focus on the fluids for now...

can she try liquid tylenol?

She'd love non stop milk shakes, but milk products can make mucus worse and they've said to limit milk intake.

She's on pretty strong meds for dr.

Today she's drinking more and Dr.'s office called to check on her and when I said how she wasn't eating or drinking, they said she's got to at least increase her fluids, and must go potty 4 times a day, or else we've got to bring her in, so she's now drinking much better, as I put Dr. on speaker phone so she could hear about possibly going back to ER.

So I'm hoping it'll just get better, day by day.

She wants me to call all her friends and relay info, so that's also a good sign. I said I'm a good mom, but not that good.

Thanks for continuing prayers,

Lisa and Megan

My son had his tonsils and adenoids out last November...he was 7...didn't eat for 2 weeks! He lost 9 pounds...he said that even popsicles hurt too much. We lived with gatorade, warm juice, chicken broth and after the first week...carnation instant breakfast. It tastes better than the pedisure and is alot cheaper! It's sooooo hard to see them fight you like that. He was on tylenol with codeine for the whole two weeks. Just keep her fluids up...don't push the foods too hard...prayers are with you!

Someone on here suggested Smart Water when one of mine was soo sick with the stomach bug. It was wonderful. It tastes just like water but it has electrolites (sp?) in it so it's more helpful than just water.

Keep your chin up and good luck!!!

Good luck. You're both in our prayers. It's hard to see our kids sick. The fluids are what are important for now. If it was long-term not eating that would be different.

I had my tonsils out when I was 19, and I didn't eat for almost 2 weeks. Gatorade was my best friend!

Thanks for prayers and suggestions.

Last night we made pancakes in the Bar Pan, she smelled them and wanted to try them........she soaked in syrup and ate quite a bit.

Woke up crying in pain at 5:45 a.m., back to sleep after sherbet and pain meds, she was back asleep by 6:15, meanwhile I was awake and debating, do I try and get more sleep or get up and wake the rest of the house, so I went back to sleep, lol, tossed and turned until after 7, but Megan and I slept quite awhile afterwards.

Last night while I was out shopping, I bought Gogurt, that I've put in freezer before and that's first thing she grabbed this morning when she was more awake, lol..

I also bought the kids drinkable yogurts (which we quit because of $) but I figured for a little while to get more nutrient in her I would do it. I also want her eatting yogurt, 'cause I'm afraid of her not eatting and being on antibiotic that she might get a yeast infection, ugh, don't want to deal with that with her.

She's wanting to play games today, so I'm thinking that's a great sign.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers,

Lisa and Megan

Sooo glad she is doing better, hope this continues!!

Good call on the yogurt!

LOL, I can picture little yogurts with armor on them marching on, lol.

Can you tell I'm tired.

Lisa

Lisa.. I was so sad to hear in your tone that you feel you are not a GREAT mom... you are wonderful to spend all that time worrying about her. Just relax and continue to offer fluids.. she will eat when she gets good and hungry. She will be back to normal soon.. carnation instant breakfast is also a good suggestion. Jello, kool aid, gaterade, slushes, etc are all great suggestions. And have a few yourself... she will be fine!!!!

Ginger,
Some days I don't feel like a good mom, I feel bad because I get frustrated, but I know we all get there sometimes, I know.

I think it's a matter of I'm getting so tired and trying to make sure she's eating and keeping other 2 happy and keeping them as active as I can and yet keeping Megan quiet, it's just getting to me and I've got all this PC things I want to do and just can't be that wonder woman and get it all done.

I told hubby, I think I need a good cry :cry: and some chocolate and lots and lots of sleep :indif: and then maybe I'll be better.

So far today, she's drinking really well, (she ate a pancake piece again for supper last nght) Megan asked if I'd make her more pancakes to eat later today, so I said of course, I might make Bar Pan worth and cut into squares and freeze and she can nuk when she wants.

We go to doctors on Tues for check up and I'm worried about the scabs coming off, she panics when she looses a tooth that she'll bleed to death (can you tell she's a DQ??) so I'm worried about when scab comes loose.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

Lisa

Lisa - You are doing a good job!!! Try to take care of yourself too (this said from a woman who is REALLY bad at doing that LOL)

Also, a hint, if you freeze the pancakes have your DD heat them in the toaster instead of the mirowave. They won't harden up and they taste sooo much better!!

What is a prayer request for a 10 year old who had tonsils and adenoids removed?

A prayer request for a 10 year old who had tonsils and adenoids removed is a request for others to pray for the child's recovery and healing after undergoing surgery to remove their tonsils and adenoids.

Why is it important to ask for prayer for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed?

Asking for prayer for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed can provide emotional support and comfort for both the child and their family during the recovery process. It can also help to bring a sense of peace and healing through the power of prayer.

What should the prayer for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed include?

The prayer for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed can include asking for a swift and smooth recovery, strength and comfort for the child and their family, and for the medical professionals involved in their care.

Can I submit a prayer request for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed even if I am not religious?

Yes, anyone can submit a prayer request for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed, regardless of their religious beliefs. The act of asking for positive thoughts or well wishes for the child's recovery is still valuable and appreciated.

How can I submit a prayer request for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed?

You can submit a prayer request for a child who had tonsils and adenoids removed by reaching out to your local religious community, posting on social media, or contacting organizations or groups that offer prayer support. You can also personally pray for the child and their family in your own way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • elizabethfox