• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer for Roofing Leak Fix

Trish in Texas

Gold Member
Apr 22, 2008
Well, that last bit of rain (hail) we had did our roof in. We have a leak in the kitchen. The ceiling is slowing caving in. The roofing people and the insurance adjuster will be out today to check on it. We didn't even think to go up in the attic to check after that last rain! Not exactly good timing either..the deductible is $2,600 !! Pray for the right kind of help in getting it fixed.

pampchefrhondab

Feb 18, 2005
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I have had nightmares about my roof leaking and caving in!

If it makes you feel any better I know what you are going through. We had water in our duct work in the slab for our heating and cooling and had to have all new duct work put in the attic. I'll be paying the bill for 3 years! We are still dealing w/the water in the old ducts. I pumped out over 50 gallons yesterday w/our shop vac! We husband put in a new French drain system we hope will work. We're waiting for the first rain to see if the ducts stay dry now. We will eventually fill them w/cement, but want to make sure we take care of the water first.

I will be praying for you. Troubles like this are no fun at all and very stressful!

Take Care

Trish in Texas

Gold Member
Apr 22, 2008
Found out it was an air conditioner condenser leak. My cousin came and cleared the blockage but, that still leaves all the soggy insulation, wet wood and sagging kitchen ceiling. I've never had anything like this happen. What type of a person do I can to get an estimate to repair it?

pampchefrhondab

Feb 18, 2005
I would call a local home builder and ask for a recommendation or many of them have a remodel dept.

Get many estimates and opinions before you make a final decision and look up info. on the internet about them.

Good luck,