• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Can You Pray for a Military Family Facing Tragedy?

In summary, [***] husband was injured in Afghanistan and has lost both of his legs above the knee. He is starting physical therapy this week and is waiting to see what the best course of treatment is for his elbow. His wife is also very supportive and is waiting for her husband to get better.
nikked
Gold Member
Please be praying for the following family:

Prayer Request said:
My friend [***] received word this morning that her husband stepped on an IED in Afghanistan and he lost both his legs above the knee.
As we were talking he was still in surgery and they were trying to save his left arm. Please pray for [****] and [****] and their two little
girls [****] and [****] as they learn to deal with this. Pray for [****] as I am sure he is not out of the woods yet. I will try to update on his condition as I hear it. Also pray for safe travels when [****] goes to Germany to be with him. We just left town yesterday and she called me this morning so I feel helpless not to be there with her but she has many wonderful friends surrounding her, but prayers are always welcome. Also please pray that if at all possible I can be with her some in Germany if she is still there when we arrive on Thursday.

I do not know this family personally, so blanked out their names...God knows who they are! Pray as the Lord leads you...there is so much...But He is never overwhelmed!

I will post an update when I receive it.

Thank you, my CS Prayer Warriors!

Prayers being said!

My heart goes out to them. Their lives have been forever changed. Once they get past the stages of grief they will find a new normal. Life changing injuries are always unfair. I'm sorry that they are having to deal with this at all. :(

Update...from the friend:

Prayer Request said:
He lost one leg above the knee and one below the knee. I believe his elbow was broken but other than that his arm is fine. Initial results are almost always worse as they try to assess the situation and get word out to the family. Please continue prayers for him and the family. He has been moved from Afghanistan, not sure where just yet, last I heard I think they are trying to get him to Walter Reed rather than staying in Germany. Please pray for strength for his wife too as she also tries to be a support for her in-laws who don't really understand everything.

Thank you for your continued prayers...

I am always praying for our military as 2 of my guys are navy but I will say a very special prayer for this family and this soldier!

Prayers their way and for all our devoted soldiers/families past and present.

I will say a special prayer for this family. Prayers to you too!

Only update currently is that he is DC...will post when I have more info...

Sending prayers!!!

Have had no new updates...please continue to pray for this family as the Lord leads...

I'm sure many of you have been waiting for an update, even as I have been! I have been hopeful that "no news is good news", and it was...please continue praying for this brave man and his lovely wife...

Prayer Update said:
This is an update on my friend [***] who was injured in Afghanistan written by his wife, [***]. Thanks for all your prayers!

[***] did lose both legs above the knee. The doctors are thrilled that his legs are doing so well. The physical therapists are hilarious but pushy. They are a perfect match for our family. We have a very similar attitude. He will start physical therapy this week. His elbow was shattered and right now we have to wait to see what is the best course of treatment for that. They can't decide if they should "put humpty dumpty back together" or just build a new elbow. Hopefully we will have that decision this week. He and I both are ready to get on with the healing!! He has tested negative for Tramatic Brain Injury 3 times.....a very big blessing. He knows what day it is (better than I do) He can tell you the exact play by play of what happened. Yes, he has re-lived the incident and is talking about it. But, he is also finally getting some great sleep and is having happy dreams, which sounds trivial, but is actually a really big deal.

I cannot stress enough the wonderful care we have received at Walter Reed. They are focused on [***], but they have taken excellent care of me as well. We even have someone who is there for our kids when they arrive. We all have the same feeling, we hate that we have to be there, but there isn't a better place for us to be. God has put all of these key players in our life to help us through this battle. We can feel his arms around us. It is an incredible feeling and I am so thankful. Please keep praying for us. It is your prayers that is making all of this possible. Don't stop anytime soon! Please feel free to ask me questions. I will answer them the best I can!

Thanks! [***]

Thanks for the update Nicole!

What is the "Prayer for Injured Military" event?

The "Prayer for Injured Military" event is a special gathering organized by Pampered Chef to honor and show support for our injured military personnel. It is a time to come together and pray for their healing and well-being.

Who can attend the "Prayer for Injured Military" event?

The "Prayer for Injured Military" event is open to anyone who wants to show their support for our injured military members. It is not limited to Pampered Chef consultants or customers, but anyone who wants to join in prayer is welcome to attend.

Is there a fee to attend the "Prayer for Injured Military" event?

No, there is no fee to attend the "Prayer for Injured Military" event. It is a free event organized by Pampered Chef as a way to give back and support our injured military personnel.

Can I bring my children to the "Prayer for Injured Military" event?

Yes, children are welcome to attend the "Prayer for Injured Military" event. We believe it is important for them to learn about the sacrifices our military makes and to join in prayer for their healing and well-being.

How can I get involved with the "Prayer for Injured Military" event?

If you are interested in getting involved with the "Prayer for Injured Military" event, please reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information. You can also consider making a donation to a military charity or volunteering at a local VA hospital to show your support for our injured military members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • nikked