• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayers for My Dad: A Journey to Peace

and back home to Carol.Thank you all for your prayers.Dad is doing well and is in a good place. He is starting to remember things and is looking forward to getting back home to his wife.
Crystal Patton
My FIL (I will refer to him as Dad - since my sperm-doner is out of the picture) went into the local VA for pain relief on Monday morning at 3am. He has been having issues with blood flow in his left foot, he had surgery on it before Christmas and things were looking up. Now he has gangreen (sp?) in two of this toes and the heal as well as a line of blood poisoning running up past his ankle. Today they transferred him to a the VA in Phoenix and tomorrow morning they will remove the foot.

My Dad and I have a GREAT relationship, I know that he will leave a HUGE hole in my life. But we are very big on quality not quanity when talking about how a person's life plays out

If everyone could please pray for ... I don't really want to say a successful surgery, I know that sounds bad. But my Dad will be 80 in May and he has been without his soul-mate (my MIL) for 3 years. I know that he is tired of living in pain. I only want peace for him, even if it isn't here with us. If everyone could please pray, the Lord knows what needs to happen here and I trust that however this turns out it will be for the best.

(((hugs))) I know everything will work out the way it is meant to. I'll keep all of you in my heart!

I pray for his comfort. I also pray for an understanding of what is needed to help with the healing.

I am praying for him.

I'll be praying for your dad.

Yes, you are both in my prayers too....for healing, where ever that may be. It's out of our control, the Lord knows what needs to happen and when....praying for peace for both of you too.

I pray that you and he both will feel comfort and love in the coming days.

I just wanted to update you guys.

Dad didn't have the sugery today He was on Heprin (sp?) a blood thinner and they felt his blood wasn't clotting well enought to do the surgery.
He is scheduled for it tomorrow at 11am.

I am exhasted so I have no witty comments at this time.

Thank you all for your prayers.

I will continue to pray for both of you.

Dad came through the surgery OK and was in recovery for 2 hours. As of last night he was doing well. However my DH called me this morning and said he his having problems with time and place. He wants to get home to Carol (his wife, who passed away 3 years ago). The VA is telling us this is a normal (about 33% of patients) reaction to the anistetic (yeah, like I can spell that), but he didn't go through this after his last surgery.
I can't really go back down to see him today. I went down Thursday morning and Friday morning, it's 2 hours one way and I can't take the kids. I had a show last night and I have one Sun afternoon. I really need to spend the day with the boys because they have been in someone else's care or asleep for the last 48 hours.

I just wanted to keep you guys posted. Thank you for all your prayers.

Update:
My Mom took the kids this morning and my DH and I went down to see Dad. It was the pain killers that were making him confused. He just wants to sleep right now, but he is eating a little and they moved him from ICU to the surgery ward today. They say he is doing well but we are still conserned about his mental state. The staff ther is AMAZING!!
I'll try to keep you posted.

Sounds like things are going well. Hopefully it is just his meds right now and things will get even better.

I'm so glad I kept everyone posted LOL

He is doing soo good now. He was transfered back to Prescott (about 20 mins from us) and put in Good Samaritan Assisted Living so he can do physical therapy. He is still have issues with remember things he wants to say, but he is almost 80. He has a great outlook and is staying very up-beat. He also takes notes through out the day to help him stay on task.
He has been doing very well, and when we talked yesterday he was very proud because he got up, showered, brushed his teeth, dressed and went to breakfast without assistance. I know his goal at this point is to get out of the 'old peoples home' - his words not mine. LOL We think he will be released early next week. His next goal is to drive again and I am encouraging him. He must have a goal to work towards.

I just wanted everyone to know that your prayers worked - THANK YOU!

PS - After explaining the situation to my 6 yr old his comment was, "Cool, Grandpa can be a pirate now!" LOL Kids are great!!

Thats great news! Kids definately know how to speak their minds!

1. How is "Prayers for My Dad" different from other prayer books?

"Prayers for My Dad" is a unique book that combines personal stories, comforting prayers, and reflective journal prompts to guide readers on a journey towards peace and healing. It is specifically written for those who have a father going through a difficult time, making it relatable and heartfelt.

2. Is this book only for those with a religious background?

No, "Prayers for My Dad" is for anyone who is looking for comfort and guidance during a challenging time. While it does contain prayers, the book also includes personal stories and journal prompts that can be used by people of any faith or belief system.

3. Can I use this book if my father has passed away?

Yes, this book is suitable for anyone who has a father who is currently facing challenges, has passed away, or is no longer a part of their life. The prayers and journal prompts can be adapted to fit any situation and can bring comfort and healing regardless of the circumstances.

4. Is this book appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "Prayers for My Dad" is suitable for readers of all ages, from teenagers to adults. The prayers and journal prompts are relatable and can be used by anyone who is going through a difficult time with their father.

5. Can I use this book for group prayer sessions?

Yes, "Prayers for My Dad" can be used for individual or group prayer sessions. The personal stories and reflective journal prompts make it a great tool for group discussions and reflection. It can also be used as a resource for support groups or workshops focused on healing and coping with difficult family situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies