• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Is My Dad Okay? Prayers Needed for His Health Emergency

In summary, the conversation revolved around the caller's father experiencing high blood pressure and symptoms that could potentially indicate a heart attack. The caller's sister, who is an EMT, is with him at the ER where he is undergoing tests. It was discovered that he has gall stones, but the cause of his symptoms and elevated blood pressure could not be definitively determined. The caller asks for prayers for her family and expresses relief that the situation was not as severe as it could have been.
esavvymom
Staff member
My dad called me this morning saying his BP was "149 over 100...Is that bad? I also have pain in my left arm and have had pain in my back all weekend". Uh .YES please get in to be checked out.

He has a history of blood-clot disorder (he's on blood-thinners permanently because it clots easily).

My sister (who's an EMT) just called and was with him. He's in the ER right now being checked out and waiting for a CAT scan. They said it looked like he was throwing PVCs and his BP was up to 190+/ I forget the other number...but it was higher. My sister said that he's likely NOT had a heart attack- YET, but all the symptoms are pointing towards it.

Please pray for my mom and dad. They are a wreck and obviously scared. He's only 59. I'm 3 states away, so a little prayer for my sanity wouldn't hurt! :) Thankfully my sister is there, and she's a SPITFIRE plus educated in this area (all-but a Paramedic, and her BF is a paramedic too).

I'm so glad he's in the ER being checked out and your sister is with him. My thoughts and prayers go out to your dad, you and your entire family - it is a very scary situation. Thinking positive thoughts for all of you!!!

Thinking of you and your family...

I spoke to my sister and my dad. He was discharged and sent home. He has to go visit his doctor tomorrow and then have a Stress Test. They couldn't definitively find what caused the pain or the elevated BP...but they did discover gall stones. That's good I guess....I did warn him though that knowing he had gall stones could also be 'bad' in that if he has chest pains (which they can cause...I know, I had gallbladder issues in college)- then he may just assume it's the g'stones and do nothing. But then again, if he thinks it's something more serious, it could just be gall stones. Either way...at least it sounds like it wasn't as severe as it could be- but still something he'll have to check out further. Given his medical history, he can't afford to ignore it either.Thanks all.

Prayers said that the doctors will be able to figure out what's going on and treat it.

Bobbi,

Sorry to hear about such a scary situation. Will add your dad and the family to my prayers. May it be something simple and may it get figured out quickly!

What is "Pray for My Dad Please!"?

"Pray for My Dad Please!" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef to honor and support fathers who are battling illness, injury, or other challenges.

How can I participate in "Pray for My Dad Please!"?

To participate, simply visit our website and submit a prayer request for your father. You can also join our online community to show support and connect with others.

Is there a cost to participate in "Pray for My Dad Please!"?

No, there is no cost to participate in "Pray for My Dad Please!". We believe in the power of prayer and want to offer this event as a free service to our community.

Can I submit a prayer request for someone other than my own father?

Yes, you can submit a prayer request for any father figure in your life, such as a grandfather, uncle, or mentor. We welcome all requests for fathers in need.

How can I show my support for "Pray for My Dad Please!"?

You can show your support by joining our online community, sharing the event with others, and by participating in our virtual prayer vigil. You can also purchase our limited edition "Pray for My Dad Please!" merchandise, with a portion of proceeds going towards supporting fathers in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • Crystal Patton