• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Pray for my dad please!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
My dad called me this morning saying his BP was "149 over 100...Is that bad? I also have pain in my left arm and have had pain in my back all weekend". Uh .YES please get in to be checked out.

He has a history of blood-clot disorder (he's on blood-thinners permanently because it clots easily).

My sister (who's an EMT) just called and was with him. He's in the ER right now being checked out and waiting for a CAT scan. They said it looked like he was throwing PVCs and his BP was up to 190+/ I forget the other number...but it was higher. My sister said that he's likely NOT had a heart attack- YET, but all the symptoms are pointing towards it.

Please pray for my mom and dad. They are a wreck and obviously scared. He's only 59. I'm 3 states away, so a little prayer for my sanity wouldn't hurt! :) Thankfully my sister is there, and she's a SPITFIRE plus educated in this area (all-but a Paramedic, and her BF is a paramedic too).

cathyskitchen

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2007
I'm so glad he's in the ER being checked out and your sister is with him. My thoughts and prayers go out to your dad, you and your entire family - it is a very scary situation. Thinking positive thoughts for all of you!!!

dkitten13

Mar 23, 2009
Thinking of you and your family...

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I spoke to my sister and my dad. He was discharged and sent home. He has to go visit his doctor tomorrow and then have a Stress Test. They couldn't definitively find what caused the pain or the elevated BP...but they did discover gall stones. That's good I guess....I did warn him though that knowing he had gall stones could also be 'bad' in that if he has chest pains (which they can cause...I know, I had gallbladder issues in college)- then he may just assume it's the g'stones and do nothing. But then again, if he thinks it's something more serious, it could just be gall stones.

Either way...at least it sounds like it wasn't as severe as it could be- but still something he'll have to check out further. Given his medical history, he can't afford to ignore it either.

Thanks all.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Prayers said that the doctors will be able to figure out what's going on and treat it.

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
Bobbi,

Sorry to hear about such a scary situation. Will add your dad and the family to my prayers. May it be something simple and may it get figured out quickly!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views