• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slow Program Response: Is It My Computer or the Program?

In summary, P3 is a program that is very slow to respond. It takes a long time to bring up the details for a show. Sometimes it will do the not responding in the title bar for a little while and then will go ahead and bring up the details.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
This has been happening ever since I first installed it. When I select a show and double click it to see all the details on the right, it takes FOREVER to show up. And alot of times it does the (not responding) in the title bar for a little while and then will go ahead and bring up the details. It's so brutal when I'm trying to work with a client over the phone and it takes 30 second to bring anything up. I mean, it sounds like so little but 30 seconds of silence while I apologize for a slow computer just doesn't seem professional to me. Is it just the way the program works? Or could it be something with my program and/or computeR?

mine is really slow right now too all of a sudden

Mine too. Sometimes it's quick, others VERY slow..can't figure out why the difference.

I have the same problem--it takes awhile after i open it. And God forbid if I am at a show and entering an order--try to add a number and it takes a second for the number to load after I enter it. Asked Tech Support and of course it's my computer--even though I told him it happens on both my laptop and my desktop.

Have you tried running it while not online? I find mine is faster that way. Of course, I have dial-up, so . . .ETA: Just disconnect from the internet before opening P3. You can reconnect after it's open.

Mine's been running REAL slow the past few weeks too! I get so annoyed entering in item #'s and it lags and takes forever to add another item.

It's for sure not our computers if we are all experiencing the same issues with the program. Hopefully an update will be installed that will fix the problem.

Ok, at least I'm not alone! I haven't heard HO address anything about it, so I wonder if they even know? It lags when entering items numbers for me too. Usually I jsut keep typing fast and eventually it catches up.

glad to know it's not just me!! It happens on my new desktop - 3 months old and on my laptop which is 1 year old. I had both built with 2 gig processors and TONS of RAM, so it's not my computers....I'll have Joe from Tech Support at my disposal for about 1 1/2 hours during Conference...I'll make sure to pick his brain!!

P3 is running normally for me now!! Woo hoo! Today's update must have fixed the problem.

1. Why is my computer running slow when using the Pampered Chef program?

There are a few potential reasons for a slow program response when using the Pampered Chef program. It could be due to insufficient memory or processing power on your computer, a large number of programs running in the background, or a slow internet connection. It is also possible that there may be an issue with the program itself.

2. How can I determine if it is my computer or the program causing the slow response?

To determine if it is your computer or the program causing the slow response, you can try closing any other programs that are running in the background and see if that improves the performance. You can also try using the program on a different computer to see if the issue persists. If the program runs smoothly on another computer, then the issue is likely with your computer.

3. Can outdated software or operating systems affect the program's performance?

Yes, outdated software or operating systems can definitely affect the performance of the program. It is important to regularly update your computer's software and operating system to ensure optimal performance when using the Pampered Chef program.

4. How can I improve the performance of the Pampered Chef program on my computer?

There are a few things you can do to improve the performance of the Pampered Chef program on your computer. First, make sure you have enough memory and processing power to run the program smoothly. You can also try clearing your computer's cache and temporary files, closing any unnecessary programs, and making sure your internet connection is stable.

5. What should I do if the program continues to run slow?

If the program continues to run slow, even after trying the above suggestions, it is recommended to contact Pampered Chef's technical support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or determine if there is an issue with the program that needs to be addressed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • RaggedyAunt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies