• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power of Positive Thinking - Need More Thinkers!

In summary, the caller qualifies for the contest by being the caller today. They will receive a 42 inch tv, $500 gc from a local jewelery store, $500 gc from a local bigbox hardware/lumber store, and a $500 gc for groceries. The prize is not the most important aspect to the caller. They are more interested in the experience for their kids.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Background:

I qualified this afternoon for a contest won by the local radio station. Entries are accepted by email and then chosen and read on air 4 times a day. Contestant has 9 minutes and 71 seconds (call number for radio station) to call in to qualify. Also once a day they have a random 'be the __ caller' to qualify. It started Monday and the draw is Friday morning. I qualified by being the caller today.

Prize:

The morning crew come to your home at 5 am :eek: along with a chef from a shi shi poo poo restaurant. He cooks breakfast for you, your family and 15 friends. The radio crew do their broadcast from your home (4 hours).

You also receive a 42 inch tv, $500 gc from a local jewelery store, $500 gc from a local bigbox hardware/lumber store, and a $500 gc for groceries. :D

I don't even really care about the prizes so much as the experience for my kids especially for my 14 DD who LOVES this radio station. If I was lucky enough to win I'd like the gc for the jewelery store to replace the one and only diamond in my wedding ring that fell out and got lost at work, give the gc for the hardware to DH to build a deck (we don't have one) and I'd like to give alot if not all of the grocery gc to my girlfriend and her family who are going through hard times.

And finally for the tv - there was a qualifier who's email was read this morning who's never had anything new. He finally bought his first thing new - you guessed it - a tv. Making payments for 2 years. 2 months after getting it his 5 year old threw a toy car at it, it broke the plasma screen and now it's leaking plasma and won't work. I guess the tv was $1300 but the repairs that he can't afford are $800. And he still has 20 payments to make. When I heard that story I thought 'I hope he wins'...until I qualified :eek: So I'd like to give him the tv. DH just rolled his eyes and said whatever you'd like hun :) Guess he doesn't believe I'll win!

So I have 1 in 20 odds of winning and for some reason I feel I AM going to win LOL I even told the announcer live on the air when he mentions 'well good luck, maybe you'll win and we'll be coming to your house next week' and I said 'oh I WILL win!'

So I told my family it's the power of positive thinking, right? Will my cheffer buddies be positive thinkers for me too? I figure the more the merrier!

Hey, maybe I could have a party with some of the grocery money and have my cheffers come visit for a party!! :D

Last edited:
Well with such an altruistic attitude I hope you win or that dude!

I just KNOW you will win because you will do so much good with your winnings!

Crystal Patton said:
I just KNOW you will win because you will do so much good with your winnings!

I echo this sentiment. Positive thoughts coming your way!

That is soo awesome, you are the most generous person!

When I was reading the prize, I thought to myself that all that sounded awesome, EXCEPT for the home visit! LOL

I REALLY hope you win! Please let us know on Friday the outcome of the contest!

I'm using "The Secret" for you! Wow! You are so very nice!

chefsteph07 said:
That is soo awesome, you are the most generous person!

When I was reading the prize, I thought to myself that all that sounded awesome, EXCEPT for the home visit! LOL

I REALLY hope you win! Please let us know on Friday the outcome of the contest!

My sentiments exactly, Steph! Ha! Ha!

YAH!!! GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you win b/c you have plans for it, & are also being generous!!

Your generosity will be what makes you win!!!

Thanks ladies. I like to think I just want to do what everyone else would but my DH calls me a 'sucker'.

Keep the positive thoughts coming would you please? It's going to be drawn this Friday morning around 8 am EST and then they will visit next Friday ---the thirteenth :)

Jane and Stephanie, how come you wouldn't want the visit? I'm thinking it'll be really neat! I'll let you know when I win ;) Unless of course you'd like to come up as some of my 15 friends?

I forgot to mention when I told my DH the details and then later told my 11 yo DS they both said the exact same thing. 5 am? Guess you're not going to bed that night? I'm known as the night owl in my home and regularly go to bed around 1/1:30. Since I'd want to be up around 4 to make myself presentable, or at that hour maybe 2 or 3 since I'll need sooo much more time LOL, maybe they're right! :)

Did I mention that the two hosts come in their pj's? :eek: Not sure about the crew or chef.

kcjodih said:
Thanks ladies. I like to think I just want to do what everyone else would but my DH calls me a 'sucker'.

Keep the positive thoughts coming would you please? It's going to be drawn this Friday morning around 8 am EST and then they will visit next Friday ---the thirteenth :)

Jane and Stephanie, how come you wouldn't want the visit? I'm thinking it'll be really neat! I'll let you know when I win ;) Unless of course you'd like to come up as some of my 15 friends?

Stephanie at 5am is NOT a good thing..I am NOT a morning person, not even for a cool prize! AND 4 hours at my house for a radio broadcast? Eeeks! LOL
I like it nice and quiet in the morning, tip toeing, my cup of tea in hand while I sit in silence waiting for the day...NOT a rowdy radio morning show! LOL
But, I REALLY hope you win! You will do so many people a world of good WHEN you do! :angel:

Good luck Jodi - sounds like a lot of fun - I really hope you win!:)

chefsteph07 said:
Stephanie at 5am is NOT a good thing..I am NOT a morning person, not even for a cool prize! AND 4 hours at my house for a radio broadcast? Eeeks! LOL
I like it nice and quiet in the morning, tip toeing, my cup of tea in hand while I sit in silence waiting for the day...NOT a rowdy radio morning show! LOL
But, I REALLY hope you win! You will do so many people a world of good WHEN you do! :angel:

I'm not a morning person....AT all! My DH says we've been happily married for 15 years because he leaves 30 minutes BEFORE I get up. My children are angels in the morning, probably because they're scared. I get up one hour before I have to leave for work because I want every possible second of sleep I can get. Just enough time to make breakfast for the kids, make their lunches, head for the shower and get myself out the door. If I could sleep in my clothes comfortably and get an extra 15 minutes sleep, I would! That's why both my DH and DS said I might as well just stay up..better off for everyone!

And don't even mention caffeine! I need at least 2 cups of tea before I get to work :)

kcjodih said:
I forgot to mention when I told my DH the details and then later told my 11 yo DS they both said the exact same thing. 5 am? Guess you're not going to bed that night? I'm known as the night owl in my home and regularly go to bed around 1/1:30. Since I'd want to be up around 4 to make myself presentable, or at that hour maybe 2 or 3 since I'll need sooo much more time LOL, maybe they're right! :)

Did I mention that the two hosts come in their pj's? :eek: Not sure about the crew or chef.

What's to get ready for, it's a radio show, not t.v.! lol!

Good luck!
that is one heck of a prize! seems like around here they mostly just give c.ds or premier movie tix!

Wow! This sounds really cool!

I hope you win, too! Be sure and keep us updated!!

Paula

Our small town/city has a population of 20,000. This radio station is in the neighbouring city and population is 30,000. They too give away CD's etc. CD's every weekday at noon if you're the correct caller, Burger King meals for 2 every weeknight if you're the 'guest DJ' (kid thing) for the top 6 at 6pm and then they do different bigger promotions throughout the year. This one, a trip to Jamaica with them and an organized tour group so they all go party. That one just happened a few weeks ago and I never even qualified but this one would be so much better. Fun for the whole family and gifts for everyone!

Jolene, I don't care if it's radio or not....noone outside of my immediate household is gonna see me 'just outta bed'! EWWW! They'd go back to the station and put a disclaimer in for next year's contest LOL ... plus probably yak about it on the radio!

So, do they broadcast on the internet? That would be totally cool if you (oops, I mean WHEN you) win and we could all listen in!Good luck to you and if you're buying the ticket, I'll come visit :D!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
So, do they broadcast on the internet? That would be totally cool if you (oops, I mean WHEN you) win and we could all listen in!

Good luck to you and if you're buying the ticket, I'll come visit :D!

Depends on the price of the ticket. Where exactly IS lala land? :)

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
So, do they broadcast on the internet? That would be totally cool if you (oops, I mean WHEN you) win and we could all listen in!

Good luck to you and if you're buying the ticket, I'll come visit :D!

Yes they do, I just checked. Go to Mix97.com and at the top right it says 'listen live'. After 8 pm is boring since it's all prerecorded music. The best is 6 - 9am because of the morning crew but all day is pretty good.

And yes it's WHEN I win. Remember, power of positive thinking!

I'm with Steph on not wanting to get up that early, but like you said if it's a good enough prize... But, sheesh, I don't know! I might just have to stay up too! I think I'd have to ask that they don't actually talk to me on-air until about 8:30, when the caffiene sets in, but if I stayed up all night, maybe right away and then no more. I really don't do mornings! If your kids are at school, can you just crash at 9 when the radio people leave?

Plus, I wouldn't want to clean my house! But, I guess a week is good enough notice! For some reason, when I read it first, I thought they were surprising whoever wins THAT morning at 5am. Soooooo couldn't handle that! I'm imagining you winning and entertaining at 5am now! You've got to picture it and believe what you see in your mind for it to happen! I hope I can listen in WHEN you win though! How cool will that be???

Well tomorrow morning is the day! I'll be bringing the phone in my room when I go to bed tonight waiting for WHEN (not if) they call to tell me I won. I'm not sure what time they're calling. I just know it's before 9 am.

Jane, there's NO way anyone would be knocking on my door at 5am to 'surprise' me and actually live to tell about it. However, like you mentioned, I can stay up and 'party' and then crash when they leave. If my kids go to school, great. If not because they're tired as well that's fine too. They're 11 and 14 so they can do whatever while I get some zzz's. I've already told the boss that I need next Friday off to party with the morning crew and then get some sleep ;)

Lifting you up in prayer, Jodi. I start driving at 6:30am, but should be at the office by 8am. I'll try to listen online for them to call your name. Of course, I don't know your last name, so when they call you be sure to mention your Cheffer friends, so we know it's really you!

We haven't heard from her yet, so maybe she DID win! What do you all think??

That would be soo cool. She deserves it!

I cannot believe we haven't heard back from her...yoohoo...we are waiting....(tapping fingers!)

Hey All

Sorry I should have mentioned that I work during the day. They hadn't called by the time I left at 8 and halfway to work they make the call ..... and I hear a recording for some business in town! NOT me! However, the person I was going to give the tv to if I won, was the winner so it's still all good...kinda LOL

I do have 3 more chances since they are doing it for four Fridays in a row. Hubby said the 20th is better for us anyway since I'm off and kids are out of school for March break. ;) So no worries of getting them to school or skipping it.

I'm kinda bummed but I'm going to keep trying to call in and qualify again (which they do twice a day). The odds aren't as good since between 5 emails and 2 calls a day during the week there are 35 more names next week and 35 more the week after but it only takes one right? At least they do still keep your name in the pot instead of starting fresh.

Thanks for thinking of me!

You did get it because it was bad timing and now you have to try to figure out who to give the TV to. (Uhgm - I'll be your best friend!! JK) I just KNOW you will get it the 20th.

What is the "Power of Positive Thinking"?

The "Power of Positive Thinking" is a concept that focuses on the idea that having a positive mindset can lead to success and happiness in life. It involves changing your thoughts and attitudes to be more optimistic and hopeful, even in difficult situations.

How can I become a more positive thinker?

Becoming a more positive thinker takes practice and effort. Some ways to do so include surrounding yourself with positive people, practicing gratitude, reframing negative thoughts into positive ones, and setting realistic goals for yourself.

What are the benefits of positive thinking?

Positive thinking has been linked to numerous benefits, including improved mental and physical health, increased motivation and productivity, better relationships, and overall happiness and satisfaction in life.

Can anyone learn to think more positively?

Yes, anyone can learn to think more positively. While some people may have a natural inclination towards positive thinking, it is a skill that can be developed and improved upon with practice and persistence.

Are there any potential downsides to positive thinking?

While positive thinking can have many benefits, it is important to acknowledge and address negative emotions and situations in a healthy way. Constantly suppressing negative thoughts and feelings can be harmful and it is important to maintain a balance between positive thinking and acknowledging reality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • chefmoseley