• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: How Online Advertising Boosted Consultant's Monthly Earnings

In summary, the home office has taken away online advertising privileges from some of the top sellers in the company, and this may be related to the television show where a consultant was picked, at random, from a "Pampered Chef" search, to be on a talk show without consulting home office. I agree that higher level consultants should have perks, but I think that they are too strict in their restrictions.
WoodenSpoon
I think I've discovered why some consultants are so upset about the prohibitions against online advertising. I'd be upset too if the Home Office took away $10,000+ in monthly sales.

I just got the January 2006 Consultant Newsletter in the mail. On page 15, Sara Philbin is recognized as having the top sales for the month of November, with a remarkable $33,747.41 in sales. (Wow! Well done, Sara! :) )

But is it any coincidence that Sara was one of the heaviest advertisers on Yahoo and MSN during the month of November?

OK, then I flipped the page and looked at the list of Personal Achievers. Those consultants who advertised on Yahoo, AOL, MSN, and Google led all the top catagories. Check out their sales!

Patsy McGovern $13,075
Beth Jacobs $9,771
Shan Eisler $6,813
Sara Philbin $33, 747
Donna Landy $17,073
Breanna Doyle $19,374

AMAZING!

Last edited:
But why...?So the question I have for the home office is this: Why do you now prohibit online advertising? Why would you take this opportunity away from the top sellers in the company? And why shouldn't all consultants have the same chance for this kind of success?

WoodenSpoon said:
So the question I have for the home office is this: Why do you now prohibit online advertising? Why would you take this opportunity away from the top sellers in the company? And why shouldn't all consultants have the same chance for this kind of success?
My website was picked up at random from someone and put on the web in a list. I am way down on the list. No one who is looking for a consultant is going to go that far down on a list to find ME. The only way you can find me in a search engine (without REALLY searching) is if you KNOW my name.

So how is it fair to allow people to pay to get their name at the top or to disregard the guidelines? They are the only ones who have any chance to make that kind of sales. I agree that higher level consultants should have perks. After all they have proven themselves and they have lots of downline consultants to help so they don't have time to go out and do shows every night. That being said I think that they're requirements at the highest levels, especially for things like Circle of Honor, are way too low.

I think that PC is too "strick" about our involvement on the web - if we can't put our site address out there how will people find us? - but I also think that PC has heard enough complaints and had enough of people taking things too far that they felt a need to make tougher statements. Our company is very generous to us and we are made aware of the "rules" (at least we SHOULD be reading our contracts) when we sign on. I do believe it will all iron out and it won't take too very long so let's all be patient.

Website postingsThis may have something to do with the television show where a consultant was picked, at random, from a "Pampered Chef" search, to be on a talk show without consulting home office. Perhaps they want more control over media contacts that might result from web sales. I agree, however, the future is the web and, in time, maybe home office will realize that.

In Canadawhen (if) we are approached by a media outlet, we are supposed to refer them to Head Office in Markham. They will work it out with the consultant & the media to make sure that the message delivered is consistant with the companys.

As for the online advertising, I think it is too strict. As far as I understand it, I can't have a link on the community programs/sports that I support through my business. So I help sponsor my hubby's football team, my kids swimming, hockey and clubs but on their sites, they have all offered me a small spot on their websites in return for my $ and time but I am unable to accept... I have asked head office for clarification, but haven't got a clear answer so haven't done it so far. The websites are designed to promote customer service to existing customers, but do nothing for the average client looking for info on the web.

Esther

Oh dearafter posting my last message, I went to search to see how well my customers could find me if they wanted to, on the web. It turns out I do come up if they try to search "Pampered Chef Esther" I am not sure how all the search engines work, but I know I haven't signed up to be on any list or paid anyone either. So I guess if people search for Pampered Chef & remembers the party lady's name was Esther, they should be able to find me. I can't say that I've recieved more than 10 orders from "new" customers that weren't sent to my website via my catalogues, at shows, from friends, my answering machine etc. I do like the website option because it allows me to keep my customers current - they can check at their convenience & I think I have a lot of traffic due to the fact that I post mini contests on my site (for a "free" show, an office lunch our show, host benefits, free shipping etc) monthly. I still wish we could track the traffic our sites are seeing.

Esther

As a new consultant...Since September, I see nothing wrong with the home office making individual websites a more even playing field. I personally do not think it is fair that some people have so much traffic to their sites because of their "linking" while others of us have hardly any. I continuously talk my website up to hosts and guests, and I've only had 1 web order. Sometimes I think it simply is not worth it.

Besides, what business are we truly in - the kitchen show business or the online sales business?

ltkacz said:
Since September, I see nothing wrong with the home office making individual websites a more even playing field. I personally do not think it is fair that some people have so much traffic to their sites because of their "linking" while others of us have hardly any. I continuously talk my website up to hosts and guests, and I've only had 1 web order. Sometimes I think it simply is not worth it.

Besides, what business are we truly in - the kitchen show business or the online sales business?

I completely agree that there should be a level playing field. As I've said in another section of this forum, the new policies are an attempt to level the playing field. No longer will executive directors and above be given exclusive access to online customers. That's good.

Consultants with personal web sites will have to stay active by meeting the normal monthly minimum with kitchen shows. That too is good. We don't want this to turn into an all-online business.

But there are a lot of flaws with this new policy, too. The worst is this: Consultants will be held responsible for the actions of persons and web sites beyond their control. The email from HO stated that if anyone posted a link "to your Personal Web Site, you would be in violation of this policy." Well-meaning consultants could be penalized for the actions of others. That's not right.

Yes, there should be a level playing field. But as I've explained in other forum threads, it is just not practical to level the playing field by naively saying no one can link to bring traffic to their site. The only way to create a truly level playing field is to allow everyone to use the Internet tools provided by the company to their fullest advantage (yes, that means links) and not to penalize consultants for the actions of other people (like search engines). If you want a fuller explanation, see my posts in this discussion thread (click here.) I really agree with your basic idea, ltkacz, but I think HO is going about it in the wrong way. (Follow that link if you want to know why.)

The only real problem I've had so far with the internet policies is that we cannot have a link to our site during a fundraiser. I plan to work with my son's hockey association next month to have one, and it's just plain silly that I can't have a link to my page from the hockey website. It's not a national thing, just a kids site.

I keep debating doing it anyway (having them link to me for the 3 weeks of the fundraiser) but I have this amazing sense of guilt about it:)

You can get by with three weeks...Christine,
Here's the thing - Richard and the other folks involved in the Quest Against the Reps can only use Google, Yahoo, etc. to check for links. It usually takes google about 2-3 weeks to update and also, if the page has a lower page rank of 1-4 (install google toolbar to see pagerank) then google will most likely not even index the page for quite some time and won't list the link as a back link for even longer. So... 3 weeks you can easily get away with.
But... I think I read somewhere that fundraisers are one way that you can legally link with a written approval from PC.
Good luck!!!
Seth

pamperedchristine said:
The only real problem I've had so far with the internet policies is that we cannot have a link to our site during a fundraiser. I plan to work with my son's hockey association next month to have one, and it's just plain silly that I can't have a link to my page from the hockey website. It's not a national thing, just a kids site.

I keep debating doing it anyway (having them link to me for the 3 weeks of the fundraiser) but I have this amazing sense of guilt about it:)

No need to feel quilty, you can link for up to three months, but you MUST submit it in writing for approval to the HO. This is the only exception about linking (fundraisers) but it must have prior authorization.

FundraiserChristine,

Actually one of the exceptions is if you are doing a fundraiser. You will have to read it exactly for yourself, but I know it to be a fact as I called home office since our youth group is doing a fundraiser for our missions trip and we are going to be allow to put my website on the churches website because is SPECIFICALLY a fundraiser for a NONPROFIT organization. I don't know if that makes the difference or not. Check with HO because I know they have and exception for the fundraisers.

God Bless,
Dee

ltkacz said:
Since September, I see nothing wrong with the home office making individual websites a more even playing field. I personally do not think it is fair that some people have so much traffic to their sites because of their "linking" while others of us have hardly any. I continuously talk my website up to hosts and guests, and I've only had 1 web order. Sometimes I think it simply is not worth it.

Hi Liz,
I read your posting on chef success from 12/27/05 regarding whether your website is worth it. I am in my 3rd month in PC and to get going I asked a cousin who lives all the way across the state to host a party for me. She said she would do a catalog show for me but couldn't promise anything else. I set up my website, gave her the info and directions and sample of e-vite letter and she took it from there. Long story short, she had more orders from the website than from the catalog she took to work. We ended up with a 700 show and 2 bookings for "internet shows". My website has more than paid for itself. Best part is I could keep my prime dates open for real "cooking shows", and I have a larger base to cover for my newsletter and updates. Win, win for me!

1. What is the "Power of Online Sales" and how does it benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The "Power of Online Sales" refers to the ability to sell Pampered Chef products through our online platform. This allows you to reach a wider audience and make sales outside of traditional parties or events. It also provides convenience for your customers to shop at any time, from anywhere.

2. Do I need any special training or skills to be successful with online sales?

No, you do not need any special training or skills to be successful with online sales. Our platform is user-friendly and we provide resources and support to help you navigate and maximize your online sales.

3. Can I still earn commission on online sales?

Yes, you can earn commission on all online sales. Our commission structure remains the same for both in-person and online sales, allowing you to earn the same rewards for your hard work.

4. How do I promote my online sales to potential customers?

There are various ways to promote your online sales, such as through social media, email marketing, or your personal website. We also provide marketing materials and tips to help you effectively promote your online sales.

5. Are there any fees or costs associated with selling online?

There are no additional fees or costs for selling online. Our online platform is included in your Pampered Chef consultant membership. However, you may choose to invest in digital marketing tools or materials to enhance your online sales strategy.

Back