• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking Show in Southern California

In summary, the Power Cooking show will be this Wednesday, June 21 at 7:00pm in Brea, California. 200 people have already prepaid for this event, and Cindy from Gardena (near Torrance) is interested in attending. There will be a $12.00 fee at the door, and attendees are expected to bring their own food. Laura Morris of Houston, Texas will be sharing how to do Power Cooking Shows.
jcwarr
is anyone going to the power cooking show out here in southern cali?

Where and when?

Yes, I'm going along with 2 gals from my downline. I'm really looking forward to it. Where will you be coming from? Us three are coming from the city of Paramount which is just about 15 minutes away from the event.

My director sent an email saying that there were 200 that have already prepaid for this event. It's going to be very interesting.

wow - 200!!!! i am coming from culver city - quite a drive - but i have been trying to do this on my own and was so excited when my director told me about this. i have so many friends who go to dream dinners and who are moms with young families and this is such a great idea!!! maybe we could try to meet up before or during a break if there is one.
jen
ps - it's in brea for anyone who was wondering :)

I'm interested in going when? where? and most important How do I sign up. I live in Gardena (near Torrance).

Cindy

It will be this Wednesday, June 21 at 7:00pm

Power Cooking with Special Guest Laura Morris
PC Director from Houston, Texas
Place: Christ Lutheran Church 820 W. Imperial Hwy, Brea 92821
Cost: $12.00 at the door (seating will not be guaranteed since a lot of us prepaid already).

Thank you! Thank you!
Hope to see you there.

Sorry forgot to ask, is there a flyer on this event or a contact phone number. If so please let me know that way I can check to make sure there is room for me. Please either post or e-mail me the information.

Thanks once again.
Cindy
[email protected]

Thanks for the info. However, I do not think I can make the drive from NoCal to SoCal in 3 hours :( I have to work that day and am really bummed that I will not be able to attend this event. I am really interested in the power cooking concept, not so much for shows, but for me personally.

I look forward to reading all of the great information those of you who attend post.

my3jjjs said:
It will be this Wednesday, June 21 at 7:00pm

Power Cooking with Special Guest Laura Morris
PC Director from Houston, Texas
Place: Christ Lutheran Church 820 W. Imperial Hwy, Brea 92821
Cost: $12.00 at the door (seating will not be guaranteed since a lot of us prepaid already).

What are you all making? Will you post details about the event please. Is this something we could duplicate in our area or as small "classes"?

What is a Power Cooking event?

Laura Morris, of Houston, Texas, will be sharing with us how to do Power Cooking Shows. You won’t want to miss this! Why?

Laura has a very distinguished track record, selling over $20,000 in her first three months of business, beginning in March, 2005! She earned SIXTEEN Super Starter Plus Bonus packages! Once she decided to pursue Directorship, she achieved it in about TWO MONTHS!

Laura had a 4-6 show a month show schedule that she couldn’t break through – till she learned how to do a Power Cooking Show. She now does 12-14 shows a month!!!

Power Cooking show your guests and hosts how they can pre-package 8 delicious dinners that they pop in their freezers and defrost when needed. Laura does this by sharing a mini-version in which the host will get 3 dinners that Laura prepares at her 45-minute show. Oh, and did I mention she also has a $1,000 show average and gets 3-4 bookings at each one?

Guests see how investing in our tools let them make these wonderful meals in their own kitchens, whenever they like, without paying someone else for supplying the convenience. Also a great show for those who cook for one or two.

Laura has hosts invite 80 people…and you thought 40 was a big deal!

OOOO, I am SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!You all that are going better take GOOD NOTES.....and share them when you get back. I want to go!! :whine: :whine: I had bought a cookbook from a school fundraiser that was like this, but I never got to use it before I have no clue where it drifted off to, no telling when hubby cleans up. :rolleyes:

I heard some (make that read) things about this when someone brought up the speedy suppers or whatever they are called where people go and do parties in these restaurant-like kitchens and make up a week's worth or more of dinners, but when I looked them up they seemed expensive to me and for people in my area, not that there are any of those places in my area :rolleyes: The closest would be over an hour away. It sounds very interesting and something you could 'market' to the crowd when you pick your kids up from school, practice, or whatever.

PLEASE keep us posted on this, I had wondered if anyone had tried it with any success and seeing that post makes me realize that it is as great of an idea as I thought it sounded.

That sounds like Social Suppers in my area. I was thinking of going to them to ask what kind of tools they use, and if they'd be interested in PC products. :D I had also thought of copying their format to do for a show, and have all the guests help out and take home a dish with them. I'd love it if someone would post recipe ideas for this!

chefmelody said:
That sounds like Social Suppers in my area. I was thinking of going to them to ask what kind of tools they use, and if they'd be interested in PC products. :D I had also thought of copying their format to do for a show, and have all the guests help out and take home a dish with them. I'd love it if someone would post recipe ideas for this!

Me too! Would make a GREAT fundraiser idea! Have the ingredients for them - to take home a ring on a stone, wioth a baggy for all their new tools! :)

I Love Email....YEAH!!!I just recieved these in an email from my director, it is a document from the woman who is doing the power cooking and an mp3 file. The doc has all the recipes she is doing in it and lots of other stuff, I haven't even really went through it yet, I am going to have to go get more black ink this weekend :rolleyes: so I can print it out and take it with me wherever I go until I finish reading it all.

I can't get the MP3 file to load:confused: :( :confused: :( If anyone knows how I can maybe change it so I can get it to load onto here I would greatly appreciate it.

Until then if you PM me on here I will forward the email to you if you want it right away. I might not get to you right away since I have ballgames tonight.

Attachments

• POWER COOKING file with edits.doc
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,100
chefmelody said:

We have Dream Dinners in my area. It's basically gourmet power cooking in a restaurant quality kitchen. You can attend "class" type evenings, or have a private show for your friends. 12 meals is about $200.00 and will feed 4-6 people/meal. The website states most meals are approx $3/serving.

So, what do you make and how do you organize the demo? Does the demo go quickly? Can you include recipes? Are there choices of dinners that work togther?

Ok, the doc from above is open now and I see them, sorry!

Last edited:
Paige Dixon said:
So, what do you make and how do you organize the demo? Does the demo go quickly? Can you include recipes? Are there choices of dinners that work togther?

Check the post I made above, there is an attatchment that has lots of information in it, I still need to get that darn thing printed, I just got a new cartridge, lol.

Thanks for posting that file! It is just what I was looking for!

So...did anyone take fabulous notes that you want to share with your hungry virtual cluster?

hi everyone - just wanted to apologize for not writing sooner with all the handouts - i was waiting for them from my director b/c mine was missing a few pages - i'm glad to see someone else posted them. i have also been traveling across country alone with a 2 year old as my husband is in europe!!! so life has been crazy and not much time for pampered chef - or at least the fun things like chef success. i have barely had time to take care of 'business'!!! if i get any more ideas i will certainly post them as i think this is such a great theme!!!!

Do you have anything that this file is missing?

gilliandanielle said:
Do you have anything that this file is missing?

Where does this lady hold her power cooking shows?

Will you describe how she went about assembling the meals please?

Was it really only 45 min demo?

What did she put the dinner in to freeze?

Can you tell I'm more than a little interested? lol.

Thank you!

Where does this lady hold her power cooking shows? - in texas

Will you describe how she went about assembling the meals please? she put the ingredients together in a bowl and then put it all into the ziplpoc bag.

Was it really only 45 min demo? yes!!!! it was slightly longer for us as she was demonstrating and adding info that she wouldn't at her show.

What did she put the dinner in to freeze? ziploc bags - she actually double bagged them in think. but she did say ziploc is the best and that she has tred them all.

Thanks for the tips jcwarr!

Does anyone have another set of recipes? If she is getting so many bookings how does she keep it fresh doing the power cooking?

i don't think she has even been a consultant for a year yet - or maybe she is just made it to a year. so she hasn't needed to change her recipes yet - however she did mention that she is going to come up with new ones soon. she just looks through the cookbooks to find freezable recipes. i am actually trying to come up with other recipes as i don't like tex mex style food and i also want a little healthier recipes - something many freezable recipes are not :)

How do you know if a recipe is freezable or not?

DVD of California Show - Did anyone receive?Hi there. I contacted Michele Rossie in California who processed DVD copies of the Laura's California presentaion. I received copies tonight, but they are missing 1/2 of the Show. The DVD cuts out right in the middle. Has anyone else ordered and received copies? Are you having the same problem? Or do I just have a bad batch?

Thanks.

DVD and recipesI just got my DVD today and haven't watched it yet. I'll let you know.

I've done several of the power cooking shows myself. I still need to hone them in to make them more streamlined, but it's definitely a show people are interested in. I had 23 RSVPs for my show yesterday. The host originally only wanted to have a catalog show (herself, her mom and sister), but when she found out I was offering this show she booked on the spot, and now she's on her way to a $1000 show. Pretty cool stuff!

I have some other recipes I got from my Ex. Dir. that I'll try to hunt up. I do know that the Mexican Chicken, Caesar Chicken and Ribs turn out beautifully. I've done all 3 of those for my family. The Ribs were amazing!!! I took them out of the freezer and after they softened up a bit (not at all completely thawed--just enough so it wouldn't break my stone) I put them in the oven at 250 and let them cook all afternoon (about 5-6 hours). They were the best ribs I've ever eaten!

Crystal Barron
Independent Consultant
[email protected]

WOW, I am absolutely stunned by this, it is great!!!
I have a few questions though.
1) She asks on the shopping list for grated cheeses, but in the recipes, she says that she is going to shred the cheese w/ the DCG?
2) She states that before show she prepares the soup, bread and brownies, why is this done prior to the show, when the show really only consists of throwing items in a bag to freeze?
3) The recipes are given at the show, should this be used as a luer (sp?). Ie, "attend my show get a free gift". The recipe would be the gift, right?
Thanks for this thread!
Wish I would have known sooner, I live in So. Cal. too.
Where did the info come from in the beginning?

Melissa, Always full of questions, LOL!! And me, with no answers for you!!

This is really interesting.
Is there a way to get the DVD of her show that someone mentioned?

Just this morning I was flipping through my new Weight Watcher's magazine and there is a blurb in there about Super Suppers and Dream Meals. Sounds like something is catching here!

Kris

I am interested in the DVD's also - please post the info to obtain.

Thanks!

Chozengirl said:
1) She asks on the shopping list for grated cheeses, but in the recipes, she says that she is going to shred the cheese w/ the DCG?
2) She states that before show she prepares the soup, bread and brownies, why is this done prior to the show, when the show really only consists of throwing items in a bag to freeze?
3) The recipes are given at the show, should this be used as a luer (sp?). Ie, "attend my show get a free gift". The recipe would be the gift, right?
Where did the info come from in the beginning?

I think the grated cheese is to save time. Since the recipes call for several kinds of cheese, I have the host purchase one in a block, and the rest shredded, because I really don't want to shred all the cheese for her :)

I don't do the soup, because it's July and freaking HOT! I do the taco ring instead. But I serve it at the beginning of the show, because you do have to do a lot more "lecturing" than a regular show, to explain the concept of power cooking. It takes up some time.

Recipes are a great idea for a free gift. I hadn't thought of that. you could print them up nicely and label it your "Power Cooking Cookbook" or something. Just make sure you keep the credits clean.

I found out about this show from my hospitality director, but was unable to attend, because, ironically, I had a Power Cooking Show scheduled that same night. I pulled it out of my butt--not my best show, but I made it work :eek:

For my shows, I try to mix it up a little, instead of just throwing everything in the bags. I do the ribs, a chicken, and the tater tot casserole for sure, to show them that it can be done with casseroles as well. You just have to think outside the box a little. :D

I am going to start offering this as a baby shower, where guests pool together some money for the food, and make the frozen meals for the mother-to-be. I think it will be more of a bonding show, which will hopefully make the guests more comfortably with me, therefore booking shows!? I hope it works for me!

I just had to laugh about power cooking. When I mentioned it at a recent show, I got one lady very interested. When I called her in hopes of booking a power cooking show, she told me she didn't have any room and really would prefer that just she and her mother who lives with her do it. I explained that I would not do it that way because the purpose was to demo to other people and sell products. I really wish I could recruit her, but she said now right now.

Jeanie Gay

I've done two power cooking shows now, which just happen to be the only two shows I've ever done! Both have gone very well, the second with screaming children involved. Yes the recipies are simple, but it's opening peoples eyes to the concept that is what makes it work so well. I don't do the soup mostly because I don't have the stockpot yet as a new consultant, but I agree it's too hot. I've been doing a pasta salad, I cook up the pasta at home and trade out the bag of uncooked for it with the host just like the brownies, then prep the rest there. It's pretty quick.

Gillian,
Great idea about the baby shower and Pampering the Parents!!

Thanks! I actually thought of it myself too, instead of stealing it off here LOL!

That is a great idea, I will just have to steal it from you Gill, LOL. Everyone's having babies all around, I only saw about 100 of them at conference, lol.

jdavis said:
That is a great idea, I will just have to steal it from you Gill, LOL. Everyone's having babies all around, I only saw about 100 of them at conference, lol.

PC and expectant mothers must go together! Every where I turned there was another consultant that appeared to be due any day. My last pregnancy was so difficult (37 yr old's are not meant to be pregnant :eek: ) that I cannot even imagine trying to do PC. All the packing, bending and lifting and standing, its exhausting now and I am not pregnant!

I know, Shari. My last child about killed me. I was hurting from the moment I became pregnant. I thought he was trying to shove his way out as soon as he became a blip on the screen, even sitting didn't make it feel better, and I was working on my feet in a factory in the heat, by the middle of August I was in tears every day by lunch. I sure wish I would have started this biz before that. I might have not had to go back to work if I would have had the time to work on it while prego, now it's all go and no breathing room. I have to get going on these bookings.

I made an invite for this. It is still rough, but I thought I would share it anyway.
Leslie

Attachments

• power cooking.doc
    41 KB · Views: 702
Is there still a way to get a DVD copy of Laura's Power Cooking presentation?
Thanks,
Amy

Hey -- how about calling it "storking the refridgerator?"

So, do the guests all take home 3 dinners to freeze?? Sorry, I am a bit behind in all of this...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • bsaxman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef