• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Master the Art of Power Cooking?

In summary, Michelle is working on a workshop that allows all participants to take entrees home. She is looking for hosts and their homes to host the workshop. She has takers from her Power Cooking show last weekend and from the host this weekend. She is also looking for hosts and their homes to host the workshop.
Great thanks! I'm going to be providing ingredients for my show, so I'm going to choose 3 recipes and only do those ones...but this helps a lot!

I think I'm also going to pre-cook the chicken so it doesn't take too long...I'm going to have 5 pairs of people going through, so 5 people X 7-10 minutes is a lot of time.

When doing a workshop, if they've already chosen the recipes, have them bring their meats already cooked and take away the "Cookware" Station.

I'll start working on the Power Cooking Beef Workshop Stations and post them here too!

Trish

I know it goes by weight, but if I'm using CHicken Breast, how many chicken breasts would you estimate each person needs??

The sizes of chicken breasts vary... you'd need to use a food scale and thawed chicken.

Hope you don't mind I copied your flyer. So far I don't have any takers but they have 1 more week to register. How about you? How's your interest?

Promote it as everyone can stock their freezer for the summer with quick, easy meals that are around $2 per serving, not just the Host. Maybe explain to guests and hosts that they will work together... it's quick, easy and you instantly go home with 3 meals.
All you need is a volunteer to donate their kitchen for a short (afternoon, morning, evening, etc.) and that volunteer will receive Host Benefits.

My first one went extremely well; only 6 ladies were able to make it on that day, but I had 2 more power cooking workshops book before we even began because they couldn't make it to the first one! Plus, it was also about a $600 show.

"If they book in June, they may be able to get their own rubs for FREE to continue Power Cooking at home!"
"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"... You're "teaching" them to Power Cook to save money and time while feeding their families! (Plus, instant gratification of taking meals home while waiting for ordered tools to arrive...)
These have both worked for me to entice people to book Workshops.

My interest is great! I got the church reserved and have two dates for them to choose from. Mine is a little different than Trish's as I am self hosting. I completely agree with Trish in that this is a two-fer...they get meals to take home (in my case it's four) PLUS the plan so that they can recreate this at home. With the recipes I'm using (all except soup and Greek Orzo) it's a dollar per serving. It's a no brainer for anyone really.

Hey Michelle, did you have your Workshop yet? If so, how did yours go?

Hi

I'm a PC consultant in Scotland and I love the power cooking concept - just read through all the posts and I want to give it a go over here. Could someone post the recipes for me please as it looks like they're in your CN and ours is completely different!

Thanks

Kirsty

I'll post what I can...

Attachments

• pc_chx_make_ahead_chicken.pdf
    138.6 KB · Views: 332
  • pc_chx_greek_chicken_orzo.pdf
    156 KB · Views: 290
  • pc_chx_dijon_chicken_noodle_toss.pdf
    145.8 KB · Views: 316
  • pc_chx_chicken_stir_fry.pdf
    155 KB · Views: 291
  • pc_chx_cheesy_chicken_tortilla.pdf
    153.1 KB · Views: 302
Here's more...

Attachments

• pc_gb_make_ahead beef.pdf
    128.9 KB · Views: 299
  • Power Beef recipe summary.pdf
    176.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Power Cooking Beef Shopping List.pdf
    199.1 KB · Views: 383
  • Power Cooking Chicken Shopping List.pdf
    248.6 KB · Views: 362
  • Power Cooking Chicken_recipe_summary.pdf
    179.4 KB · Views: 401
...and more...

Attachments

• pc_chx_smokey_black_bean.pdf
    150.1 KB · Views: 276
  • pc_gb_bbq_sloppy_joe.pdf
    131.5 KB · Views: 276
  • pc_gb_easy_beef_stroganoff.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 310
  • pc_gb_Italian_beef_hoagies.pdf
    129.9 KB · Views: 293
  • pc_gb_saucy_beef_chili.pdf
    132.3 KB · Views: 264
last one...
Best wishes...
What do your Power Cooking recipes look like?

Attachments

• pc_gb_zesty_beef_tacos.pdf
    137.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Power Cooking Display Card.pdf
    363.8 KB · Views: 523
Thank you Trish and others for these posts. You have inspired me to try my first Power Cooking Workshop. I will try it out next month as this month I am doing Mystery Host.

Wow! Thanks Trish! I've not done any power cooking yet - it's not really happening in the UK yet as far as I know, but I'm going to give it a whirl once I've adapted the recipes for UK customers. Will post any that I try that work and let you know how I get on.

Thanks so much for your help.

Kirsty

PS We're just back from our incentive trip to Chicago and I was totally blown away by our trip to the home office - thanks to any of the team who are reading this for making it a memory that will last for a lifetime :)

OK... so I know some of you did or intended to do Power Cooking Workshops this summer... My first one was in April; since then I've done 4 more PC Workshops (about 1 per month amongst regular Cooking Shows, etc) and I've given a workshop to other Consultants in our cluster about it...

Does anyone have any feedback they're willing to share on how their PC Workshops went? I've already learned to not offer cooking & cutting the chicken for all guests before the show. Cooking was not the issue; cutting 24 pounds of chicken into 1-inch cubes, even with Forged Cutlery was too much! (My hand was tingling for over 1 week!)

Also, for the Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup, pour 3 cups of tortilla chips into a mixing bowl, then crush them - not 3 cupfuls of crushed tortilla chips (no one likes to eat mortar!)

Anyone else?

I did one PC Workshop with 2 recipes and made the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder to eat there, "Comfort Food Workshop". Anyone know if you can premake the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and freeze it? (Whoever suggested less milk and adding 1 can of creamed corn, THANK YOU! It tasted awesome that way and was more like a chowder!)

I offered this for September 29th. Sent out invites to my customer base (125 people) plus gave 100 flyers to my grandson's preschool plus gave out about 20 flyers at a booth! I had 2 registrations come in finally on Friday! I cancelled till October! I'm not sure if I picked a bad date or what. I am going to try for October 26th or 27th and see how that goes!

There is a business in our town where they get the food and you pay per meal and go and put it all together to freeze. Sound familiar? So, another consultant and I are doing Power Cooking sessions the same way. We offer beef one month, chicken the next. Charge per meal, minimum 3 meals, must pre-pay - $12 per meal (our meals are approximately $2 per serving and they serve 6-8) pays for ingredients and convenience of us getting food and pre-cooking meat. Get all the ingredients for freezing and anything shelf-stable for serving. PRE-cook the meat, but have them chop the chicken using the salad chopper. They come and assemble and take home. Our last chicken session we had 12 people, and did 46 meals!! We make a DCB dump cake and have products out. Generally get some orders, but it varies, since most of them are current customers who are placing orders at shows. They use all PC products to prep and assemble and it really gives them ideas of what they want and will actually use. We are getting rave reviews on the meals and how worth it it is!! It is a lot of work for us, BUT our customers LOVE it! 1 referred 2 of her friends so we have 2 new PC customers!

I love this idea! I really want to have one of these Power Cooking shows! Thanks for all ofthe insight! I want to give it a shot!:)

<h2>1. What is Power Cooking?</h2><p>Power Cooking is a method of preparing meals in advance to save time and effort during the week. It involves cooking large portions of food and then freezing or storing them for later use.</p><h2>2. Can anyone master the art of Power Cooking?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can learn and master the art of Power Cooking. It just takes some planning, organization, and practice to become efficient at it.</p><h2>3. What are the benefits of Power Cooking?</h2><p>The benefits of Power Cooking include saving time, energy, and money. It also allows for healthier eating by having pre-made meals on hand instead of resorting to fast food or takeout.</p><h2>4. How does the workshop help in mastering the art of Power Cooking?</h2><p>The workshop will provide hands-on experience in preparing and storing meals using the Power Cooking method. It will also include tips and tricks to make the process easier and more efficient.</p><h2>5. Do I need to bring any ingredients to the workshop?</h2><p>No, all ingredients will be provided for the workshop. The chicken and beef will also be pre-cooked to save time during the session.</p>

1. What is Power Cooking?

Power Cooking is a method of preparing meals in advance to save time and effort during the week. It involves cooking large portions of food and then freezing or storing them for later use.

2. Can anyone master the art of Power Cooking?

Yes, anyone can learn and master the art of Power Cooking. It just takes some planning, organization, and practice to become efficient at it.

3. What are the benefits of Power Cooking?

The benefits of Power Cooking include saving time, energy, and money. It also allows for healthier eating by having pre-made meals on hand instead of resorting to fast food or takeout.

4. How does the workshop help in mastering the art of Power Cooking?

The workshop will provide hands-on experience in preparing and storing meals using the Power Cooking method. It will also include tips and tricks to make the process easier and more efficient.

5. Do I need to bring any ingredients to the workshop?

No, all ingredients will be provided for the workshop. The chicken and beef will also be pre-cooked to save time during the session.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PCJan
  • dianag