• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking Show: Tried and Tested Recipes for Delicious Meals

In summary, customers seem to like the Power Cooking Show, and it is a good way to reduce cooking time.
ChefSheryl
I tried the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking Show recipes, and it was very good. I was wondering what everyone thought about the Power Cooking Show. Is it worth doing? Do customers like it? I am sure hosts appreciate it.
Again, I would love any feedback.
:)

I have a great response to the power show. Last weekend we did the hoagies and they were fabulous! I had done power shows before that were more complicated with chicken and pork recipes...the new show PC put out is simple and great fun!

I made the hoagies for dinner the other night and didn't like them at all. I forgot the Italian seasoning and used store brand onion soup mix. They just had a strange taste, but I would rather not use soup mixes. I may try to make something up for my own use. Anyway, 2/4 of us liked it. We like the other recipes, except havn't tried the stroganoff. Going to have it tonight.
I'll have my first Power Cooking show on Thursday.

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but am going to get to them this week hopefully. I am anxious to see what type of response I will get from them as well.

I've done two Power Cooking shows with the new PC format and they've been hits! I finally went shopping today to power cook for my own family so now I'll get to taste something other than the tacos, which is the recipe I serve at my power cooking shows. :)I love that PC gave us the pdfs of the shopping list and the recipes--they are super easy to mail to hosts and guests.

Ground chicken?Has anyone tried these recipes with ground chicken? I have a host in March that doesn't eat ground beef or ground turkey. Any suggestions or modifications??

I LOVE the Power Cooking theme. I booked a show last week by just explaining what it was. I tried the recipes last week and DH and I ate them all week this week! I'm a little bit on "ground beef overload", but it's great for having a quick meal when you don't feel like making a big lengthy dinner.Someone on here gave examples of a chicken Power Cooking that they do - I'm sure that would help with the chicken people. I'm also thinking of just coming up with some myself and using the DCB or the Grill Pan to cook the chicken.

Here is a power cooking thing I used to do that originated from Director Laura Morris of Texas. I haven't done it in over a year, so the document needs serious editing in regards to products and prices. At the show I made the Cheesy Chicken Tortellini or the Taco Soup to serve along with Garlic Bites--this was all prepped and cooked at the host's house before anyone arrived. Then the demo was the Mexican Chicken, Caesar Chicken, and the ribs. You could easily do one of the other chicken recipes and make this all about chicken. Good luck! :)

Attachments

• Power Cooking Live guest handout.doc
    109 KB · Views: 1,124
I have to say I LOVE the new Power Cooking Show!! I have tried the chili, sloppy joes, & stroganoff...my family loves them. I have had a great response to this type of show too, in fact I just had a show that was over $700 in sales!! All the guest raved about the new format & the fact that the host gets 2 recipes to put in her freezer!

We tried the stroganoff tonight. DH liked it. He calls it "power food". One DS liked it except for the mushrooms. I don't eat all that cream, so I had the "whole wheat" noodles with Pesto and also ate one mushroom that my ds didn't want.

I did my first power cooking show today!!And it was a hit!! Closed it a $603!! For the show I made the Stroganoff and the Tacos for the freezer and we ate the Italian Hogies!! HUGE hit!! And for dessert....

http://www.slide.com/s/3C40Oicp4z_z7OmhckUHZ3FsJ-13kMdW?referrer=hlnk

P.S.
It got ate up!!

Thanks for the tips. Do you just set-up your show the same but have the meat pre-cooked? Do you use enough products by just demonstrating the few ingredients per recipe? Can someone give an example of what products they used for one of the recipes like the sloppy joes?

smarteez2 said:
And it was a hit!! Closed it a $603!! For the show I made the Stroganoff and the Tacos for the freezer and we ate the Italian Hogies!! HUGE hit!! And for dessert....

http://www.slide.com/s/3C40Oicp4z_z7OmhckUHZ3FsJ-13kMdW?referrer=hlnk

P.S.
It got ate up!!

That cake looks GREAT!!! I decided that I was going to make this cake today for the superbowl party that we are going to. Then I realized that I had given my DS teacher at school my family skillet (I was going to make the cake in that) to borrow and use (her and her DH want to buy some cookware and are just trying to decide which ones). So, anyway, I will have to make the microwave cake and I wasnt sure how to make it look pretty. You have answered my question. I am also having a call in superbowl sale while at this party so I wanted to make some PC recipes to have. Maybe I will get some orders??? Thanks again.

That cake looks YUMMY!!! You could have saved me a piece...LOL

Cynthia, that cake is beautiful!
And thank you DebbieJ for posting your Powercooking thing!:thumbup: :thumbup:

That cake looks great! I have had the tacos and chili and they were pretty good. I have not had any takers on the Power Cooking shows yet, but I cannot wait for someone to host one of these shows! I think I am going to off this to a friend of mine tonight. Wish me luck!

Thanks guys!!The cake was yummy!! So yummy in fact there was none left!! The best part of the show though was when I was making the recipes and just smooshed all the ingrediants together in the bags!! The guest were awed!! They said they would have mixed in all in the bowl then placed in the bag!! So a step will b esaved with that one! LOL. They were impressed all around!! I even got a booking for the end of February!! So that was awesome!! We are going to do the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte and The Warm Peanutty Caramel Brownies for that one!! (Death by Chocolate) :eek:)

I am wanting to try the stroganoff, and I have everything at home except the paprika. What flavor does it add and it is crucial to the recipe? I wanted to make that to eat before our TEAM meeting tonight, and I won't have time to stop at a store to get everything done. I have to make two batches of the mini lemon cakes. I made a practice batch over the weekend, and they are scrumptious! Thanks!

Tammy

Cynthia, did you have the dessert prepared before the show?

Yes I did..
ChefJeniLobdell said:
Cynthia, did you have the dessert prepared before the show?

I had it done around 1100 and the show was at 100. I thought it was delicious just the same.

OK I'm a bit confused about this show though...do you just freeze the ground beef base or are you supposed to make 3 whole recipes and freeze 2 of them? That seems like more work than I want to do at a show.

you freeze 2 whole recipes and finish the third. It's amazingly easy!

mhrivera said:
you freeze 2 whole recipes and finish the third. It's amazingly easy!

OK so...do you just mix everything in the freezer bag? So for the Chili you just throw the beef, beans, tomatoes, water, paste and seasoning into the freezer bag...and mix it up?

I don't know why this is so confusing to me...it just seems like a lot of work to make 3 whole recipes. And none of these recipes use a lot of product during the "demo" portion so I guess I'm just wondering how profitable they are.

I really want to do them because I think hosts will love them but will they really be worth it? Like, if I make the sloppy joes...I'm only showing measuring spoons, a knife, skillet and cheese grater?

I just got stuff to make some for myself - soooooo easy!! I cut up the peppers and prepped the bags while the beef cooked. The taco base smells so good.We're going to have the stroganoff for dinner, and the hoagies and tacos are going into the freezer.

I just finished doing sloppy joes for dinner tonight, and chili and taco meat for the freezer. I found it incredibly easy and quick!!! I am not known for being graceful or neat, so I decided right away I needed to come up with a system that would not make me look messy at my shows, so I tried it out today, and I think I came up with a good solution. I wrote on the freezer bags the contnts and the date to use by BEFORE I filled them, and then put 1 bag in each batter bowl, and opened it up- I measured out the meat, dividing by 3 (2 1/3 cups for each recipe) and then prepared the chili and taco meat, putting the ingredients in bag, in the bowl. I knew that mixing it up could be a problem for messy me, so I stirred the ingredients in the bag with the small mix & stir, and it was so easy and neat!!! The I sealed the bags, pressed out the air, and laid them flat on the freezer shelf. I had all 3 recipes done in 1/2 hour. As far as products, you have the cookware, mix & chop, cutting board, food chopper, forged cutlery, batter bowls, can opener, scrapers, .... I think you could go on and on

Last edited:
You can mix the ingredients in the bag. Just "zip" it closed and squeeze and mush. Then reopen and press the air out before the final sealing.

It is very easy -- I think these would work well with interactive shows.

I did my first one Sunday and it turned out well. I got 2 bookings with another potential booking. Granted they are catalog shows but that is okay -I will take what I can get! LOL!

I don't understand the power shows but they sound great. Do you buy all of the ingredients yourself and bring to the party? Do you prep anything at home? It seems like it could cost a lot of money and if the party ends up being small then I could lose money. I just started in Nov. and have only had 6 shows. I have several booked for this month and would like to try to make it easier for me but still have a great party. I have always had the host buy the ingredients since they get $15 of it back in their host benefits. Any suggestions would be great. Also where can I find on this site a list of all of these abrev. that are used.

I'm going to talk up the Power Cooking at my show tonight. Most of the guests are teachers with children, so I know they'd appreciate some quick recipes. My plan is to have the host buy the ingredients to make 3 bags, and what's needed to finish one off for sampling that night. So we'll eat one, and put 2 in her freezer. So even though she'd be spending more total on ingredients (compared to a regular cooking show), she's keeping most of it for her family.And check out this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/hitc...ss-unofficial-new-users-guide-list-faq-32274/ for info and links to many of the abbreviations used around here.

thank you so much for your help. Do you know if you can print from this site

You can print using the print button on your browser, and it'll print the page.

Ok I have also tried the Power cooking for my family. I'm a new consultant and I have had only one show and that was the show I hosted and consulted. I have to say it did seem to take me awhile to make everything but I did 5 of the recipes. The Beef Stroganoff, the taco's, the italian hogies, the sloppy joes, and the chili. So far I have made for dinner the stroganoff, tacos, and italian hogies. I like the tacos the best. The Stroganoff was good. the italian hogies I didnt like so much. also I think i'm a bit burnt out on beef. I need some chicken or pork lol..
I think the power cooking is a good idea and I have learned first hand that it does save you money on ur grocercy list. Me and Hubby shopped for 10 meals plus other things we needed and only spent $100 dollars. so I imagine if a Host got the ingredients for just 3 of the recipes to do at her show it wouldn't cost all that much and like someone said the host will have 2 of the meals frozen for her and her family at a later date.
Also I liked the idea of just mixing all the ingredients in the freezer bags. Maybe i'll try that next time. Also the Freezer 1 gallon bags work best..

Just tested the Power Cooking show last night on my own. The HO material does say to cook the Ground Beef Base ahead of time. But once the ground beef mixture was done, it took very little time to throw together three different recipes. I made the Italian Hoagie mix, and put in the freezer bags the Taco mix and the BBQ Sloppy Joes mix. I love knowing I have two future meals sitting in the freezer, now!As for the Italian Hoagie, I did something a little different with them since my dh and I like this: I took a canister of Pillsbury's Italian Bread Loaf and unrolled it into a long rectangle. I then scooped the ground beef mixture into it and placed slices of provolone cheese on top. Then I folded the dough over to overlap and pinched the edges shut. I placed it in the Bar Pan, added some french fries, then baked. Dinner was finished in 25 minutes!I still have some of the beef mixture left over so I'll probably put it in plain spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner. (Which now leaves me only one night this week to figure out "What's For Dinner?"!!! :p

I buy the groceries for the show and I let the host know that if they have 5 orders or $200 in guest sales prior to the show groceries are on me. If they are not able to get the orders then they owe me $20, everyone has been thrilled that they do not have to go shopping for the party. Also I like knowing that I have everything I need for the party. The groceries have not cost me more than $20. All the hosts have worked really hard to get the groceries free.

I put together the 5 Power Cooking recipes in one document if anyone would like them (Power Cooking Recipes). I also created another document that incorporates the new recipes with some of the tips in an earlier post from Debbie J (Power Cooking). Enjoy!

Attachments

• Power Cooking.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 628
  • Power Cooking Recipes.doc
    38 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:
That is really nice Diane! Thanks for doing that, it sure does make it easier! :) :) :)

The Power cooking is a great show. This is the second year that I have done them. My Director had some other recipes that we used. My family does not like the recipes so I have changed them a lot. I am trying to put together some recipes to use for camping. My theme show will be "pamper your Camper". I want people to put our products in their campers and make their life easier when they go camping.

Please tell me how you made that cake! it is beautiful!

Diane, thank you so much for including the nutritional information with those recipes! That was sooooo helpful!

A little fun...I had a little fun combining Power Cooking with Extreme Home Makeover and came up with this flyer that I'm going to ATTEMPT to attach...we'll see if it works. I've never done this before...

Attachments

• Extreme Makeover Dinner Flyer.doc
    244.5 KB · Views: 556
Hey there
vasquk said:
Please tell me how you made that cake! it is beautiful!

I made it according to the directions on CC but baked it in the oven instead of the stove. :eek:)

Here is another power cooking flyer I made up, I pass it out to my customers when they come to a power cooking show.

Attachments

• powercookinggeneric.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 456
Can this be converted to word?? I would do it if I knew how.
Thanks!,
Deb

word version:

Attachments

• powercooking.doc
    67 KB · Views: 409
Great job on the flyers & thank you!:chef:

I am a professional chef and just started with PC. I love the power cooking show!! It is one of my most popular bookings because it is such a basic need! I have used it as a baby shower interactive party where guests bring ingredients and prepare the meals together-- so they use the tools and then buy them! The mom to be gets the host benefits too so she can get the PC tools for easier cooking/prep. Having a new baby is stressful enough! This is a great show to do! I have tried all the recipes. I use the southwest seasoning (1T) instead of the taco mix for the taco filling... why not promote our own stuff??? I also use the new sheet pans to show how quickly they cool (part of my show always includes cooked chicken that is then sauced and frozen in a gallon size zip lock) Why... because anyone can cook chicken in bulk and freeze it! This is also a great way to promote the new rubs!! Greek rocks! Peppercorns get bitter if frozen for too long so I wouldn't promote the peppercorn one though. Plus, the sheet pans cool so quickly that the risk for Food born illness is greatly reduced. It is important to cool the meat in the fridge before freezing if you do a lot because if you stack all those warm bags in your freezer, they are just a huge breeding ground for naaasty bacteria! Benefits of frozen meat-- a process called drip loss, when the water expands during freezing and then defrosting it makes the cooked meat more tender than you could imagine! The only exception is breast meat coated in a sauce with vinegar base. Also, I can't figure why the bell peppers in the hoagie isn't cooked in the micro cooker first. If veggies are in the freezer without the active enzymes heated over 140, the veggies will get really tough if left in the freezer for more than a month or so. HMMMM. I personally have been cooking freezer meals for my family for the past 6years. Full time mom of two boys. I started with basic recipes and kept the ones my family liked in a seperate three ring binder. Six years later, I last counted 416 meals they love!! I usually will cook an average of 5 meals a day for 4 days in a row. It is a lot of work at the beginning of the month and smooth sailing the rest. It works great to just double up on meals for 10 days too. Just suggestions for your guests that will increase sales... Use the sheet pans a lot! They are great for flash freezing berries on parchment paper in the freezer (15-20 minutes) if there is space between the berries, then they will be loose and easy to bag/freeze/use. Twice baked potatoes can be frozen the same way and only take 2minutes to heat in the microwave from frozen! Another good flash freeze on sheet pans is stuffed large pasta shells. Use large shells cooked 2minutes less than what it suggests on the package. Stuff with Italian hogie filling(minus the bell peppers). Flash freeze and then bag, label, freeze. This way the shells can be used as a small meal for kids or as a dinner for more people. Just cover with spaghetti sauce, and microwave 3-4 minutes each in the small oval baker. It looks so cool! Need more suggestions I am happy to help.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for all of those tips Stephanie! You are going to be a wealth of information here on CS!! You rock, girl!

Kelly, I have read so many of your posts already!! I will learn so much from you on how to do this business... so it is definately a mutual feeling! You rock too!

Wow!
Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I am a professional chef and just started with PC. I love the power cooking show!! ...
Thanks!
Silly question could you freeze stone to use for cooling meat (after cools 5 minutes or so )? (or would crack the stone?)

We Meat againCertainly not a silly question! Well thought out! I think that would help, but have found that it takes a lot of space in the freezer. It shouldn't crack the stone if the meat is semi cool. If you have the beautiful luxury of a deep freeze, then space isn't the issue and I would think that the cooling rack would be even better for quick freezing because there would be air flow below the bags. The secret is to get the meat as cold as possible as fast as possible. Below 40degrees to stop the bacteria growth. Freezing doesn't kill the bacteria either, it just sends it into hybernation of sorts. So defrosted it will go crazy again and make the food taste nasty.. Most important to heat the meat over 165 after freezing whenever possible. This is an area of cooking that is often overlooked in food prep at home, but very important! Also, when you are bagging the meat, be sure it doesn't touch a surface that raw meat has been on or the problem would be amplified.

<h2>1. What is the Power Cooking Show?</h2><p>The Power Cooking Show is a collection of tried and tested recipes for delicious meals created by Pampered Chef. It is designed to help customers quickly and easily prepare meals using Pampered Chef products.</p><h2>2. What are the most frequently asked questions about the Power Cooking Show?</h2><p>The most frequently asked questions about the Power Cooking Show include: What is it? Is it worth doing? Do customers like it? Do hosts appreciate it? What are the top recipes? </p><h2>3. Is the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking Show good?</h2><p>Yes, the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking Show has received positive feedback from customers who have tried it. It is a flavorful and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for busy weeknights.</p><h2>4. Is the Power Cooking Show worth doing?</h2><p>The Power Cooking Show is definitely worth doing as it offers a variety of delicious and easy-to-make recipes that can be prepared using Pampered Chef products. It is a great way to introduce customers to the versatility and convenience of Pampered Chef products.</p><h2>5. Do customers and hosts appreciate the Power Cooking Show?</h2><p>Yes, both customers and hosts appreciate the Power Cooking Show. Customers love the delicious recipes and the convenience of using Pampered Chef products, while hosts appreciate the opportunity to showcase and promote Pampered Chef products to their guests. </p>

1. What is the Power Cooking Show?

The Power Cooking Show is a collection of tried and tested recipes for delicious meals created by Pampered Chef. It is designed to help customers quickly and easily prepare meals using Pampered Chef products.

2. What are the most frequently asked questions about the Power Cooking Show?

The most frequently asked questions about the Power Cooking Show include: What is it? Is it worth doing? Do customers like it? Do hosts appreciate it? What are the top recipes?

3. Is the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking Show good?

Yes, the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking Show has received positive feedback from customers who have tried it. It is a flavorful and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for busy weeknights.

4. Is the Power Cooking Show worth doing?

The Power Cooking Show is definitely worth doing as it offers a variety of delicious and easy-to-make recipes that can be prepared using Pampered Chef products. It is a great way to introduce customers to the versatility and convenience of Pampered Chef products.

5. Do customers and hosts appreciate the Power Cooking Show?

Yes, both customers and hosts appreciate the Power Cooking Show. Customers love the delicious recipes and the convenience of using Pampered Chef products, while hosts appreciate the opportunity to showcase and promote Pampered Chef products to their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
skaugchef
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Wildfire