• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking Clinic: Tips for Hosting a Successful Small-Scale Workshop

In summary, the Power Cooking Clinic will involve setting up stations and having guests bring their own ingredients. It is possible to do one recipe with everyone taking home 3 of the same, using a variety of tools and ingredients. To organize the workshop, provide a written recipe and outline the stations. To keep the focus on sales and bookings, offer special discounts and incentives. It is feasible to do this on a smaller scale at a host's home, with the goal of both bookings and recruit leads.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I'm going to be doing a Power Cooking Clinic at a show. I had a guest tell me she needed to take a cooking class so I offered to do this for her and her friends.

I'm thinking I'll set up stations and everyone will bring their own ingredients, including the pre-cooked meat.

I have a few things to figure out and I'm hoping you all can help!

1. Do we do just one recipe and everyone gets to take home 3 of the same? I was thinking we'd cook one while we're there.

2. What Power Cooking recipes use a lot of tools? When I've done a Power Cooking show in the past, I found I was using a lot of canned stuff and not a lot of tools other than the can opener!

3. What's the best way to organize it? Should we give everyone the recipe steps and outline the stations? How do I talk about product when everyone will be working at the same time?

4. I want to make sure the focus is still sales and bookings. I don't want it to be all about cooking the recipe and then everyone walk away with their food and not buying anything. Any suggestions to make sure this happens?

eta: Ok I've been doing some reading and I'm liking what I'm finding! The only thing I'm thinking is most of the workshops and clinics that seem to be posted are on a much larger scale than what I'm planning. I'm definitely going to do a power cooking workshop in the fall, perhaps at a church or something like that.

Do you think it's feasible to do this on a much smaller scale at a host's home? I don't want it to be too crazy because I do want bookings and I want recruit leads.

Last edited:
1. Yes, you can do one recipe that everyone takes home 3 of the same. The key is to make sure you have enough ingredients for everyone to make 3 of the same. 2. There are lots of recipes that use a variety of tools, like blenders, food processors, mixers, etc. You can also use a variety of ingredients such as canned vegetables, herbs and spices, etc. 3. When organizing the workshop, it’s important to make sure everyone has their own ingredients, including pre-cooked meat. You can provide a written recipe with the steps and outline the stations that everyone will work at. To talk about product, you can recommend specific products to use in the recipe, or you can provide samples of products that they can use as they cook. 4. To make sure the focus stays on sales and bookings, you can offer special discounts or exclusive offers to guests who book or purchase products at the clinic. Additionally, you can provide incentives such as prizes or giveaways to encourage bookings and purchases.

1. It might be a good idea to have multiple recipes for people to choose from, that way they can make something they are interested in and take home different dishes. You could also have a vote at the beginning to see which recipe is most popular and focus on that one.2. Some recipes that use a lot of tools could be things like stir fry, where you need a wok, spatula, and maybe a vegetable peeler. Or a pasta dish where you need a pot for boiling water, a colander, and a pasta server. You could also incorporate some baking recipes that require measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a baking dish.3. It could be helpful to have a printed out recipe with all the steps and ingredients listed, and then have stations set up with the necessary tools and ingredients for each step. That way, everyone can follow along at their own pace and you can still talk about the products as they are being used.4. One way to make sure the focus is still on sales and bookings is to have some product demonstrations throughout the cooking process. For example, if you are using a blender to make a smoothie, you could talk about the benefits of that particular blender and offer it for sale. You could also have a display table set up with some of your products for people to browse and purchase.As for doing it at a host's home, it could definitely work on a smaller scale. You could even have the host invite a few friends and make it a more intimate gathering. Just make sure to communicate with the host beforehand and let them know your expectations for sales and bookings. You could also offer them a discount or free product for hosting the event. Good luck with your Power Cooking Clinic!

What is a Power Cooking Clinic?

A Power Cooking Clinic is a hands-on cooking class that focuses on using our time-saving tools and techniques to prepare quick and delicious meals.

How long does a Power Cooking Clinic last?

Our Power Cooking Clinics typically last around 2 hours, but can vary depending on the specific class and recipes being prepared.

Do I need to bring anything to a Power Cooking Clinic?

No, all ingredients and tools will be provided for you at the clinic. Just come ready to learn and have fun!

Can I bring a friend or family member to a Power Cooking Clinic with me?

Absolutely! We encourage you to bring a friend or family member to share in the cooking experience.

What types of recipes will be taught at a Power Cooking Clinic?

Our Power Cooking Clinics feature a variety of recipes, including main dishes, sides, and desserts. We also offer specialty clinics focused on specific types of cuisine or dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jillbean
  • StacieB
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • sarahsellcm