1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Power Cooking Clinic

1. PamperedK

PamperedK Veteran Member Silver Member

I'm going to be doing a Power Cooking Clinic at a show. I had a guest tell me she needed to take a cooking class so I offered to do this for her and her friends.

I'm thinking I'll set up stations and everyone will bring their own ingredients, including the pre-cooked meat.

I have a few things to figure out and I'm hoping you all can help!

1. Do we do just one recipe and everyone gets to take home 3 of the same? I was thinking we'd cook one while we're there.

2. What Power Cooking recipes use a lot of tools? When I've done a Power Cooking show in the past, I found I was using a lot of canned stuff and not a lot of tools other than the can opener!

3. What's the best way to organize it? Should we give everyone the recipe steps and outline the stations? How do I talk about product when everyone will be working at the same time?

4. I want to make sure the focus is still sales and bookings. I don't want it to be all about cooking the recipe and then everyone walk away with their food and not buying anything. Any suggestions to make sure this happens?

eta: Ok I've been doing some reading and I'm liking what I'm finding! The only thing I'm thinking is most of the workshops and clinics that seem to be posted are on a much larger scale than what I'm planning. I'm definitely going to do a power cooking workshop in the fall, perhaps at a church or something like that.

Do you think it's feasible to do this on a much smaller scale at a host's home? I don't want it to be too crazy because I do want bookings and I want recruit leads.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
    May 21, 2009
Have something to add?