• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Recruit Someone Out-Of-Town Without Meeting Them In Person?

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of recruiting and training someone from a remote town in Alaska. The speaker mentions using technology such as Skype and online training to overcome the distance barrier. They also share their personal experience of successfully recruiting and training someone who was stationed in Australia. The conversation concludes with the suggestion of utilizing three-way calls or having a team member help with the recruitment process.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
I come from a small remote town in Alaska (but now live in Anchorage) and I'm pretty sure there are no PC consultants there. I heard it through the grapevine that a resident wants to sign up. I sent her a message and am waiting to hear back from her. The only way to get to that town is to fly in and that's cost-prohibitive so needless to say we won't be meeting in person to talk about the opportunity.
I guess we could skype, which I've never done before.
Anyhoo...she would be my first recruit. Anyone have experience recruiting someone in a different town and you couldn't actually meet them? I'm not in a position to train her either, so I'd point her in the direction of my upline.
Thanks for any insight!

Since you'll be asking your upline to help train her, why not ask them to help you recruit her! Do a three-way call or be together when you skype.

My first recruit is stationed in Australia (her husband is in the military). As much as I would love to go out there for training it obviously hasn't happened. For the initial recruiting interview I called her and we have also talked on Skype and chat on Facebook. She did all her training online and then shot me questions afterwards. She has also Skyped in to a couple of our team meetings. Technology is amazing! :D

SKYPE is amazing! It's how my children knew their relatives since they were born & lived in Japan up until last year. Now we use it for them to see Daddy who's still in Japan.Yes, you can train via phone (and/or Skype), e-mail, private messages on Facebook, etc. I have ONE team member within 20 miles. The next closest one is 3 hours. I have them spread out all over the US, Germany and a bunch still in Japan too. Long-distance training can work. Your new recruit just has to be willing to step up & do some online training too. ;)

Hi there! It's great to hear that you have a potential recruit in a remote town in Alaska. Skype is a great option for connecting with someone who is not able to meet in person. I have personally recruited consultants from different states and even countries through Skype, and it has been a successful way to communicate and train them. My advice would be to have a clear and organized plan for your Skype call, and make sure to address any questions or concerns your potential recruit may have. Also, don't forget to emphasize the support and resources available through your upline and the company. Best of luck with your potential recruit, and let me know if you need any further assistance!

What is a "Potential Out-Of-Town Recruit"?

A potential out-of-town recruit is a person who is being considered for a job or position in a city or location outside of their current place of residence.

What are the benefits of hiring an out-of-town recruit?

Hiring an out-of-town recruit can bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the company. It also increases diversity and expands the company's reach to new markets.

What challenges may arise when hiring an out-of-town recruit?

Some challenges that may arise include relocation costs, potential cultural differences, and adjusting to a new environment. It's important to carefully consider these factors and have a plan in place to address them.

How can a company support and assist an out-of-town recruit during the relocation process?

A company can offer support by providing resources and assistance for finding housing, navigating the new city, and integrating into the company culture. They can also offer relocation benefits to help cover moving expenses.

What can a potential out-of-town recruit do to make the transition smoother?

A potential out-of-town recruit can research the new city and company culture beforehand, be open to learning and adapting to new ways of doing things, and communicate any concerns or needs to the hiring company. It's also important to have a positive attitude and be willing to put in the effort to make the transition successful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Judybabe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies